Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 573 users in the forums

49ers figure to have 30 Million in cap space

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Alex Smith
Carlos Rogers
Adam Snyder
Ahmad Brooks
Joshua Morgan
Tedd Ginn Jr.
Larry Grant
Dashon Goldson

.....oh and I guess Dwayne Bowe.

There's our 30 million!!!

Everyone of those players were major contributors to our 13 and....err I mean 14-4 record and NEED to be brought back.

dont forget blake constanzo and cj spillman.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,130
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Alex Smith
Carlos Rogers
Adam Snyder
Ahmad Brooks
Joshua Morgan
Tedd Ginn Jr.
Larry Grant
Dashon Goldson

.....oh and I guess Dwayne Bowe.

There's our 30 million!!!

Everyone of those players were major contributors to our 13 and....err I mean 14-4 record and NEED to be brought back.

dont forget blake constanzo and cj spillman.

Spillman I could careless if he was back or not, Constanzo I forgot he also only signed for a year.....gotta have him back.
For the love of God! Sign someone already!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Spillman I could careless if he was back or not, Constanzo I forgot he also only signed for a year.....gotta have him back.

Spillman has been a stud for them on ST's
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Spillman I could careless if he was back or not, Constanzo I forgot he also only signed for a year.....gotta have him back.

Spillman has been a stud for them on ST's

this!! spillman should be a priority to continue great st play
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Spillman I could careless if he was back or not, Constanzo I forgot he also only signed for a year.....gotta have him back.

Spillman has been a stud for them on ST's

this!! spillman should be a priority to continue great st play

I wouldnt say "priority," but I see no reason why we shouldnt bring him back. It wouldnt be expensive. Costanzo and Spillman were both big parts of our STs, and should be brought back.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 60,541
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
For the love of God! Sign someone already!!!
GOD DAMN IT!!! what the hell is wrong with our front office. everyone else around us is signing people and as usual we will be left with the garbage no one wanted. No wonder we are the laughing stock of the nfl.the whole front office should be f**king fired for setting around on thier ass while the top free agents get plucked up left and right. jesus if harbaugh can manage 2 wins out of this f**king joke, he should get coach of the year. right now he is probably thinking he should have went to miami.front office is a f**king joke, we just set around on a pile of money while everyone else moves and we sign a f**king kicker.
ESPN douches have us with closer to $40 million in cap space.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
For the love of God! Sign someone already!!!
GOD DAMN IT!!! what the hell is wrong with our front office. everyone else around us is signing people and as usual we will be left with the garbage no one wanted. No wonder we are the laughing stock of the nfl.the whole front office should be f**king fired for setting around on thier ass while the top free agents get plucked up left and right. jesus if harbaugh can manage 2 wins out of this f**king joke, he should get coach of the year. right now he is probably thinking he should have went to miami.front office is a f**king joke, we just set around on a pile of money while everyone else moves and we sign a f**king kicker.
I assume your joking as am I. I just ment the suspense is killing me, not that the FO wasn't doing their job.......sensitive much?
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
For the love of God! Sign someone already!!!
GOD DAMN IT!!! what the hell is wrong with our front office. everyone else around us is signing people and as usual we will be left with the garbage no one wanted. No wonder we are the laughing stock of the nfl.the whole front office should be f**king fired for setting around on thier ass while the top free agents get plucked up left and right. jesus if harbaugh can manage 2 wins out of this f**king joke, he should get coach of the year. right now he is probably thinking he should have went to miami.front office is a f**king joke, we just set around on a pile of money while everyone else moves and we sign a f**king kicker.
I assume your joking as am I. I just ment the suspense is killing me, not that the FO wasn't doing their job.......sensitive much?


i think he's making fun of the people who said it last year maybe?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
For the love of God! Sign someone already!!!
GOD DAMN IT!!! what the hell is wrong with our front office. everyone else around us is signing people and as usual we will be left with the garbage no one wanted. No wonder we are the laughing stock of the nfl.the whole front office should be f**king fired for setting around on thier ass while the top free agents get plucked up left and right. jesus if harbaugh can manage 2 wins out of this f**king joke, he should get coach of the year. right now he is probably thinking he should have went to miami.front office is a f**king joke, we just set around on a pile of money while everyone else moves and we sign a f**king kicker.
I assume your joking as am I. I just ment the suspense is killing me, not that the FO wasn't doing their job.......sensitive much?


i think he's making fun of the people who said it last year maybe?

Yeah I'm sure cc is joking, especially since no one has re-signed major wise.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
For the love of God! Sign someone already!!!
GOD DAMN IT!!! what the hell is wrong with our front office. everyone else around us is signing people and as usual we will be left with the garbage no one wanted. No wonder we are the laughing stock of the nfl.the whole front office should be f**king fired for setting around on thier ass while the top free agents get plucked up left and right. jesus if harbaugh can manage 2 wins out of this f**king joke, he should get coach of the year. right now he is probably thinking he should have went to miami.front office is a f**king joke, we just set around on a pile of money while everyone else moves and we sign a f**king kicker.
I assume your joking as am I. I just ment the suspense is killing me, not that the FO wasn't doing their job.......sensitive much?


i think he's making fun of the people who said it last year maybe?

I think last year may have been justified, but after this season they deserve more than the benefit of the doubt.
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by nflguy49:
WTF are you talking about? I never made a "fuss" over JT O'sullivan etc.

The fact remains that the Niners passing offense was terrible this season. While our redzone offense was pathetic. If you choose to believe that Alex had nothing to do with it (or very little) then good for you.

The two fumbles against the Giants were enough to sink us because Alex went back to his old habits of killing drives by missing open receivers and throwing poor passes on 3rd downs.Seriously, 1 for 13 on 3rd down in championship game at home?


I expect the Niners to resign Alex Smith. It just won't be a huge contract and the Niners will still be able to go out and sign a veteran qb to compete with Alex.
I agree on most of your points, our offense was horrible and sealed the loss just as much as the 2 fumbles.

But I'm not sure there are any veterans that really interest me. Maybe grossman? I could see harbaugh cutting down his turnovers like he did with alex and certainly his arm is better.
  • mike
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,827
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
For the love of God! Sign someone already!!!
GOD DAMN IT!!! what the hell is wrong with our front office. everyone else around us is signing people and as usual we will be left with the garbage no one wanted. No wonder we are the laughing stock of the nfl.the whole front office should be f**king fired for setting around on thier ass while the top free agents get plucked up left and right. jesus if harbaugh can manage 2 wins out of this f**king joke, he should get coach of the year. right now he is probably thinking he should have went to miami.front office is a f**king joke, we just set around on a pile of money while everyone else moves and we sign a f**king kicker.
I assume your joking as am I. I just ment the suspense is killing me, not that the FO wasn't doing their job.......sensitive much?


i think he's making fun of the people who said it last year maybe?

I think last year may have been justified, but after this season they deserve more than the benefit of the doubt.

Not to mention several of our free agents ended up being pro-bowlers and/or having really great seasons, while nnamdi...well we all know what happened to the eagles.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Alex Smith
Carlos Rogers
Adam Snyder
Ahmad Brooks
Joshua Morgan
Tedd Ginn Jr.
Larry Grant
Dashon Goldson

.....oh and I guess Dwayne Bowe.

There's our 30 million!!!

Everyone of those players were major contributors to our 13 and....err I mean 14-4 record and NEED to be brought back.

Good luck with that. Half of those guys are going to want nearly 10 million a year.

Smith will resign. Like him or not, we will resign him and we should play hardball with his contract because no other team is going to break down our door trying to sign him to a big contract. 6-8 million. Nearly guaranteed to resign.
Rogers is going to get a reality check, before he gets a paycheck. Cornerback used to be the most underpaid position in the game. Now it's the most overpaid. He might not like it, and another stupid team might throw money at him, but we're not going to break the bank for him at his age. 5-7 million. 70% chance he resigns.
Snyder should get something similar to what he is making now, if not, I think we are willing to pay a little more. A very valuable player to our team, and I think he wants to be here. 2-3 million. 80% chance he resigns.
Ahmad Brooks is going to make a lot of money this off-season. He has tons of awesome film, and he's going to want to get paid. Someone will likely put up a big offer for him, because he is still young, he's "got his stinking mind right" and he is entering his prime. With Aldon Smith, I don't think it would be wise to pay an arm and a leg for another OLB. If he somehow stays, he will have to except a LOT less money. Its a tough loss, but that's the way it is in the NFL. 4-9 million. 20% chance he resigns.
Josh Morgan was hurt, so he should be fairly easy to bring back for another year. Maybe we sign him long-term. Not sure how we are going to pay him, but he will definitely be back. 2-3 million. 95% chance he resigns.
Tedd Ginn is the toughest one of them all to guess. We NEED his ability to catch the ball on special teams, and his good return ability is only a bonus. He is also nice to have as an extra receiver and deep threat. The question is, "Is he MORE valuable than Rogers, Brooks, Goldson or a free agent WR?" The money spent to keep him, means less money to sign someone else. 2-4 million. 50% chance he resigns.
Larry Grant. I don't know. 1-2 million. 50% chance he resigns?
Dashon Goldson wants to get paid also, like Ahmad Brooks. There is no doubt about that, because he refused a reasonable offer last off-season. We will probably franchise him instead of Brooks because its better to have talent spread around the field, rather than focused at OLB. 6-7 million. 80% chance he is back.

Dwayne Bowe. 8-10 million? I don't think we are going to pay a glut of money for him. We have already set a standard that we don't have to overpay for free agents in order to obtain very talented free agents. This would throw a monkey wrench into our team's future.

Keeping out Bowe. At the lowest end, they will cost around 28 million to resign. At the high end, they will cost around 43 million to resign. These numbers average out to 35.5 million, which we don't have. This is why we are going to unfortunately have to say "good buy" to Brooks. If we are lucky, we will only lose Brooks, although I have a feeling we might not be able to keep Rogers either.
Even if we lose both Rogers and Brooks, fitting a high powered free agent like Bowe into this equation is pure fantasy.

I think the best case scenario, in the land of reality, is that we only lose Brooks and Ginn. I would rather that happen than Brooks and Rogers. We might be able to scrape under the cap by only losing Brooks and Ginn.

BTW, one day, Aldon Smith and NaVorro Bowman are going to want to get paid too. Don't forget about that.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone