LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Kaepernick believes he can seriously challenge for starting job this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Really? i mean Alex just came off a 22TD 5INT season... lets not be retarded.... Alex is the clear starter and when the 49ers pay him starter money he will START..

Unless Kaepernick outplays Alex big time in the preseason, Alex will be the starter next year

Really! I mean, firwst yer in the new offense, shortened training camp, his best season ever, and only getting better as the season progressed. Now with a SECOND year in the offense, people are still looking to replace our starting QB. Only in NT!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Alex deserves to start next year, Kap will have to wait to get his shot.
Originally posted by susweel:
Alex deserves to start next year, Kap will have to wait to get his shot.

This. I really really really hope that Alex grows a pair next year....hope he starts to try to throw it to a receiver if he isn't completely open
The only way Kap sees the field as a starter next year is if Smith is injured.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
The only way Kap sees the field as a starter next year is if Smith is injured.

Or if Smith's play loses us games.
Never been a huge AS fan but CK is not/will not be better than Smith this year...and in my opinion any year. Dude is a bigger project than AS was coming out of college.
Originally posted by cciowa:
can we please wait untill camp opens up before we anoint a person who has thrown five regular season passes as our savior. It is so funny that so many people hate alex so much they are perfectly ok with handing the keys over to this kid. It is actually sad but whatever

He said "harbaugh will play the better man" - that's hardly anointing him or handing him the job.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Never been a huge AS fan but CK is not/will not be better than Smith this year...and in my opinion any year. Dude is a bigger project than AS was coming out of college.

Uh bro you're going to get flamed for saying that.
How is this news? He's just saying what you would expect any quarterback in the league to say.

"Ya, well I'm not going to try and take the starting job, I like to watch the games, it's great fun."?
if alex has a sub par/non pro bowl year in '12 with better offensive talent, then kaepernick will get an opportunity in '13

Originally posted by eastie:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
Really? i mean Alex just came off a 22TD 5INT season... lets not be retarded.... Alex is the clear starter and when the 49ers pay him starter money he will START..

Unless Kaepernick outplays Alex big time in the preseason, Alex will be the starter next year

Really! I mean, firwst yer in the new offense, shortened training camp, his best season ever, and only getting better as the season progressed. Now with a SECOND year in the offense, people are still looking to replace our starting QB. Only in NT!

Not only in NT. Also in the 49ers training camp.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

maybe, maybe not

gotta see him play first
Meh, wipper-snapper. Another year yet.
The only people that think CK can be a meaningful starter next year are the ones that don't like Alex Smith -- want anyone other than. And most likely the same people that were on the nuts of Troy Smith and Nate Davis
Well do you expect him to say..."Nah, I want to be a backup my whole career"

Scott Tolzien thinks he has what it takes to start.
Share 49ersWebzone