Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 721 users in the forums

Larry Grant did OK, but we would have beat Arizona, if P. Willis was in the game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Patrick Willis doesnt help Ginn find the ball for an easy TD, Patrick Willis doesnt catch the ball for Delanie WAlker or Kendall Hunter
Originally posted by valrod33:
Patrick Willis doesnt help Ginn find the ball for an easy TD, Patrick Willis doesnt catch the ball for Delanie WAlker or Kendall Hunter

true...he doesn't.

Although, Patrick Willis does make phenomenal game-changing plays.. almost ever game. Patrick Willis does cause turnovers.

Woulda..coulda..shoulda..

Its over, lets go get Pittsburgh!
I noticed this after rewatching the game as well, Willis would of batted down the first TD pass (he's one of the best at pass breakups), and on the other fitz play he would of made the sure tackle negating a large gain.

Grant played well going forward, but the noticeable difference is in coverage and keeping their feet during the play. Willis is one of the best for a reason and would of covered up for a couple of Goldson's mistakes in this game.

Thats really the only reason Im ok with this loss, even though the offense still sucked it up in the redzone.... if Willis was in there it would be another dominating W filled with offensive inefficiency.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Patrick Willis doesnt help Ginn find the ball for an easy TD, Patrick Willis doesnt catch the ball for Delanie WAlker or Kendall Hunter

This


I'm sorry, but this is a bizarre and inaccurate topic. Grant had another solid game, and even Willis can be seen failing on a coverage.

If Ginn catches a perfectly thrown fade pass in the endzone?
If Ginn catches an accurate deep post pass down the field?
If Goldson plays with better discipline on 2 huge pass plays for TDs?
If Kendall Hunter makes that last minute desperate yet accurate throw to move the chains?
If Goodwin and Snyder play a lil better on a few pass plays?

All of these things, I'd buy... No, not buying the Willis/Grant aspect a bit.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Patrick Willis doesnt help Ginn find the ball for an easy TD, Patrick Willis doesnt catch the ball for Delanie WAlker or Kendall Hunter

This


I'm sorry, but this is a bizarre and inaccurate topic. Grant had another solid game, and even Willis can be seen failing on a coverage.

If Ginn catches a perfectly thrown fade pass in the endzone?
If Ginn catches an accurate deep post pass down the field?
If Goldson plays with better discipline on 2 huge pass plays for TDs?
If Kendall Hunter makes that last minute desperate yet accurate throw to move the chains?
If Goodwin and Snyder play a lil better on a few pass plays?

All of these things, I'd buy... No, not buying the Willis/Grant aspect a bit.
not sure if bizarre is the correct term. Patrick is our best player(one of) and if he isnt playing, he'll ALWAYS be missed.

I think the OP is just searching for answers
oldman9er while its useless to debate what ifs... if you watch the two plays mentioned in my previous post, Willis would make both of those plays and does on a routine basis.

Grant is still playing very well for being picked up as niners/rams castoff, but hes no Willis.
[ Edited by 5280High on Dec 14, 2011 at 2:50 PM ]
realy? REALLY? Really? and you wonder why threads get locked. Nice analysis. Did you pull this out of a hat. WRONG. we lost the game because we kicked field goals instead of touchdowns. We deserve to lose when were at the 5 yard line 1st and 10 and dont score. We lose becaue we miss the field goal and have the touchdown called back. Excuses are like a*****es and we all have them. I cant believe all the piehole thought process that comes out of the heads of the so called zoner nation. keep on reaching dude or dudette.. Im guessing the cold weather monday night will be the reason for the niners next loss.
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Patrick Willis doesnt help Ginn find the ball for an easy TD, Patrick Willis doesnt catch the ball for Delanie WAlker or Kendall Hunter

This


I'm sorry, but this is a bizarre and inaccurate topic. Grant had another solid game, and even Willis can be seen failing on a coverage.

If Ginn catches a perfectly thrown fade pass in the endzone?
If Ginn catches an accurate deep post pass down the field?
If Goldson plays with better discipline on 2 huge pass plays for TDs?
If Kendall Hunter makes that last minute desperate yet accurate throw to move the chains?
If Goodwin and Snyder play a lil better on a few pass plays?

All of these things, I'd buy... No, not buying the Willis/Grant aspect a bit.

Dude, I agree with all of those points, but that doesn't mean the OP doesn't have a point also.

You think it's a coincidence that two of the big passing plays were thrown right over the MLB? I'm not saying Grant is bad or played a bad game, I'm just saying the middle of the field has been LOCKED DOWN this year and obviously P Willy being in coverage has been a big part of that.
Originally posted by 5280High:
oldman9er while its useless to debate what ifs... if you watch the two plays mentioned in my previous post, Willis would make both of those plays and does on a routine basis.

Grant is still playing very well for being picked up as niners/rams castoff, but hes no Willis.

Maybe so... maybe so. I'll have to go back and see. Still, it's no different than the other things I listed... and I'm not gonna smack Grant for playing pretty well in Willis' absence.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,726
Completely subjective.
Originally posted by whatawegot:
realy? REALLY? Really? and you wonder why threads get locked. Nice analysis. Did you pull this out of a hat. WRONG. we lost the game because we kicked field goals instead of touchdowns. We deserve to lose when were at the 5 yard line 1st and 10 and dont score. We lose becaue we miss the field goal and have the touchdown called back. Excuses are like a*****es and we all have them. I cant believe all the piehole thought process that comes out of the heads of the so called zoner nation. keep on reaching dude or dudette.. Im guessing the cold weather monday night will be the reason for the niners next loss.
Meh. Only if he caused a turnover. Too many 3 and outs, always kills a D.
I actually agree. Grant looked frozen on that pass play to Doucet, and he missed getting his hand on the ball by a few feet - I think Willis probably gets the PD on that play. I don't know if we win, but Willis' elite level of playmaking was certainly missed in defending the pass.
Although he was missed. if our rec's stop dropping passes we are 13-0
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone