LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 414 users in the forums

Crabtree and Alex needing chemistry...and there's only one person to blame

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Smashed in under 2 minutes.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
i'm glad you posted this because we've never had a thread to talk about this before.

There was never a thread regarding his route running, it's always been about chemistry with Alex. It's hard to have chemistry when you're not on time to get to your spot because of trying to dance on the way there.
Originally posted by lamontb:
And what does running the route to late have to do with a high throw?

if he's not where he's supposed to be how will the ball get to him accurately?

also,

With Crabtree dancing his way down the field, he's not deep enough in his route by the time the ball is released. Basically he's suppose to be further down the field but isn't. So the result appears to be a high throw.
What about the high throw to MC in the endzone (CIN game - where the official ruled he stepped out of bounds), was crabs late or slow on that throw too?
[ Edited by ady2glude707 on Nov 3, 2011 at 12:02 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by Wubbie: Injuries happen. For Crabtree though, it's unfortunate, because he already missed half of his rookie season due to an ill-advised holdout, and his image to 49ers fans took a huge hit. Any thing that happens, whether it's his fault or not, now becomes ammunition for fans to hate on him.But to be honest... I get the FEELING that Crabtree doesn't make the effort to put in work with Alex Smith. Alex Smith was glowing about how hard of a worker Braylon Edwards is and how they always stay after for practice to work together... I don't recall Alex having that same relationship with Crabtree.Again, on the flip side... if Crabs and Alex can't get their chemistry down... it's not only Crabs' fault, but Alex's as well. It takes TWO to have a QB/WR relationship.

..............You know I have to say in this case, i dont blame too much on Alex. And not any Alex love, but we have to be fair and say that Smith took the steps. He set up the training titled camp Alex. Edwards took the necessary steps of a no 1 receiver, and calls Alex and vice versa for them to stay after practice, before practice, and even on off days.

The most telling came when Edwards spoke of the rapport that he wanted to have with Alex, to build that chemistry. He said things that even if they were just blown smoke, i have never heard of from Crabs mouth.

No one can say that missed TC doesnt make a difference because it does. And like it or not, FACT IS, Smith is having no other issue firing the ball away except to Crabs.

Not knocking him, or saying he should be off the team, cuz thats ludacris. But once, just once id like to hear from his mouth, how vital it is to work with a QB. I mean if my mind serves me correctly during Camp alex or close to it, wasnt he having other college Qb's throwing to him, when he could of been building that chemistry with Smith.

I want someone to ask him, and maybe i'll write Cohn or Barrows or Maiocco to ask him, does he feel that it's vital to build chemistry with your QB.

Big difference between Edwards and Crabtree SEEMS to be that Edwards has been humbled by his failures in Cleveland and the Jets. Even winding up in "tail ender" SF was not rated as the most attractive place to be.

Crabtree, OTOH, has not yet hit that point although recent reports about his relationship with the media indicate changes are happening.

PATIENCE!

See, I totally disagree with that.

I think the real issue is that most fans and media have had an incorrect view of who Crabtree is from the very beginning. I think he's just a socially awkward dude who messed up his image when he got bad advice from an agent. He is bad in front of the camera because he's uncomfortable and doesn't know what to say.

I haven't seen ANYTHING on the field that tells me he doesn't sell out for the team. That blocking thing? He's been doing it from the beginning.

Peeps just take every opportunity to take every action and paint it negatively.

Example: He shows up when he has no obligation to do so to offseason workouts during the lockout. He gets hurt and still attends every meeting.

People here paint it as "he doesn't want to be here", "he doesn't want to practice", "he's a diva", or "he's faking an injury to get out of practice". Peeps will take any opportunity to take any action and scew it to match their own preconceived notion.

The problem is that the notion was incorrect from the start.
[ Edited by Marvin49 on Nov 3, 2011 at 12:15 PM ]
Originally posted by ady2glude707:
What about the high throw to MC in the endzone (CIN game - where the official ruled he stepped out of bounds), was crabs late or slow on that throw too?

Really? There were 2 defenders in the area and Alex put it up where Crabtree could only get it or the throw would go out of bounds.
Originally posted by gamechanger:

With Crabtree dancing his way down the field, he's not deep enough in his route by the time the ball is released. Basically he's suppose to be further down the field but isn't. So the result appears to be a high throw.
If he's running the route late and the pass was thrown accurately, then pass would appear early, and not high. It would just appear that their timing is off. In that case we need to be on the inside to know if that is on Alex or Crabs. I assume it's a combination of both guys. Alex is having his best year but he still throws high passes. Crabtree has stepped up his game, but still has issues running his routes correctly. One doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the other. We need both of them to work out these kinks and progress.

Why are we still talking about what's WRONG with Crabtree?

The guy has played well. He's nearly jumped out of the stadium going up for passes. He's been WIDE OPEN on more than one occasion and Alex simply missed him. If Alex completes those two passes in the last game, he's got 100+ more yards and 2 more TDs. Would we still be talking about what's wrong with him if he had over 150 yards and 3 TDs?

He's fine. Drop it.
this explains why he was able to break open from CBs like Nhamdi Awesomewa and Cleveland's top rated Secondary.

all those slow routes he runs.

poor Alex.
Smith to Crabtree will improve---BUT--with Soap we have found our new Jerry Rice--great hands--great YAC--Soap will end up with 110 catches 14 TDs and Super Bowl MVP
Youre also missing the fact that Smith sees where Crabs is on the field before he throws (take the last game where crabs was down the field open by 10yds), smith threw it to him because he saw he was open, he simply over threw crabtree, not crabtrees fault
Share 49ersWebzone