There are 230 users in the forums

Crabtree and Alex needing chemistry...and there's only one person to blame

Shop Find 49ers gear online
He might have a perception of a diva in the media, but his teammates dont feel that way, they respect him.

Dude has a huge "catch radius" so he can catch those retarded lobs by smith

Brian Jennings was talking about Crabtree this morning and mentioned all of that.. except the smith part
Dude.....Seriously? AGAIN!?! I'm gonna blow a freakin' gasket.

How many times have we been over this? HE. WAS. HURT.

Where did he get hurt you ask? At the Alex SMith practice that you chastized him for not participating in. You know, the one where there was a lockout on and he had no obligation to attend and actually took a RISK of getting injured at.

He went there, got injured, but stayed for all of the meetings even after he was hurt.

Peeps REALLY need to get off this subject. Seriously. It's old and its tired.
LOL!!!!
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Wow, I would love to see that against Packers in 2011...in the NFC Championship. That would shut up all the haters who say that the Niners don't have a passing game.

THIS!

Seeing this again justifies my LACK OF ANY REAL CONCERN! They will get it together.
  • dj43
Originally posted by ads_2006:
He might have a perception of a diva in the media, but his teammates dont feel that way, they respect him.

Dude has a huge "catch radius" so he can catch those retarded lobs by smith

Brian Jennings was talking about Crabtree this morning and mentioned all of that.. except the smith part

You need to watch more football. Watch what guys like Steve Smith and Calvin Johnson and Greg Jennings and even Jimmy Graham are doing to catch less than perfect passes from guys like Rodgers and Brees and Newton and Stafford.
wow, it never fails with some on this forum regarding Alex.

Blame Crabtree for Alex's inability to hit him when he is wide open.

and another thing I learned from this thread, Alex is deadly accurate with everyone else but Crabtree....BIG EL Oh EL!

I'm not saying that Alex isn't accurate with our other receivers...heck he is accurate with Crabtree as well sometimes....but to say that Alex always hits our receivers in stride or just hit them accurately is a lie. We have seen on numerous occasions where our WRs, TEs, and RB/FBs have had passes to them where it was way too high or way to behind them.

again, Alex can be accurate sometimes, but he is also still inaccurate as well.
[ Edited by Afrikan on Nov 3, 2011 at 10:25 AM ]
Originally posted by Wubbie: Injuries happen. For Crabtree though, it's unfortunate, because he already missed half of his rookie season due to an ill-advised holdout, and his image to 49ers fans took a huge hit. Any thing that happens, whether it's his fault or not, now becomes ammunition for fans to hate on him.But to be honest... I get the FEELING that Crabtree doesn't make the effort to put in work with Alex Smith. Alex Smith was glowing about how hard of a worker Braylon Edwards is and how they always stay after for practice to work together... I don't recall Alex having that same relationship with Crabtree.Again, on the flip side... if Crabs and Alex can't get their chemistry down... it's not only Crabs' fault, but Alex's as well. It takes TWO to have a QB/WR relationship.

..............You know I have to say in this case, i dont blame too much on Alex. And not any Alex love, but we have to be fair and say that Smith took the steps. He set up the training titled camp Alex. Edwards took the necessary steps of a no 1 receiver, and calls Alex and vice versa for them to stay after practice, before practice, and even on off days.

The most telling came when Edwards spoke of the rapport that he wanted to have with Alex, to build that chemistry. He said things that even if they were just blown smoke, i have never heard of from Crabs mouth.

No one can say that missed TC doesnt make a difference because it does. And like it or not, FACT IS, Smith is having no other issue firing the ball away except to Crabs.

Not knocking him, or saying he should be off the team, cuz thats ludacris. But once, just once id like to hear from his mouth, how vital it is to work with a QB. I mean if my mind serves me correctly during Camp alex or close to it, wasnt he having other college Qb's throwing to him, when he could of been building that chemistry with Smith.

I want someone to ask him, and maybe i'll write Cohn or Barrows or Maiocco to ask him, does he feel that it's vital to build chemistry with your QB.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
I think we will see more of the passing game vs the Giants/Ravens/Steelers and just stick with the running game vs our division or like how we did vs the browns and upcoming game vs the skins.
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Crabtree runs time consuming routes by adding too much dancing and head fakes. This messes up the timing and causes him to be steps late or short on his depth in his position on the field. That's why we see the high throws from Alex. I compare it to a hb that likes to dance in the backfield instead of just hitting the hole. I've played with guys that did this type of erratic route running and it's hard for them to break the habit. Hopefully Harbaugh and his staff figure something out.

This.

Negatives: March surgery to fix a stress fracture in his left foot will prevent Crabtree from running for scouts leading up to the draft. It's an issue teams are grappling with because a lack of great top-end speed is one of the few concerns about Crabtree. Needs to speed up his release, as he jumps off the line too often trying to lull his defender to sleep. Does not have the elite speed to separate from quick corners on the outside, although the point typically was moot at Tech because he could overpower collegiate talent. Not sudden with the ball in his hands, dancing awkwardly at times instead of using his size and strength. Must improve consistency on downfield blocking, as he has the size to be effective but gives inconsistent effort to get to his man or sustain. Runs with the ball loose in the open field.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/michael-crabtree?id=71269#profiles-tabs:players-analysis
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by gamechanger:
Crabtree runs time consuming routes by adding too much dancing and head fakes. This messes up the timing and causes him to be steps late or short on his depth in his position on the field. That's why we see the high throws from Alex. I compare it to a hb that likes to dance in the backfield instead of just hitting the hole. I've played with guys that did this type of erratic route running and it's hard for them to break the habit. Hopefully Harbaugh and his staff figure something out.

This.

Negatives: March surgery to fix a stress fracture in his left foot will prevent Crabtree from running for scouts leading up to the draft. It's an issue teams are grappling with because a lack of great top-end speed is one of the few concerns about Crabtree. Needs to speed up his release, as he jumps off the line too often trying to lull his defender to sleep. Does not have the elite speed to separate from quick corners on the outside, although the point typically was moot at Tech because he could overpower collegiate talent. Not sudden with the ball in his hands, dancing awkwardly at times instead of using his size and strength. Must improve consistency on downfield blocking, as he has the size to be effective but gives inconsistent effort to get to his man or sustain. Runs with the ball loose in the open field.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profiles/michael-crabtree?id=71269#profiles-tabs:players-analysis

WOW! Great find. I can't believe how accurate that is to what I've been seeing on the field with Crabtree! I should become a scout for the 49ers :)

• dj43
Originally posted by Jersey9er:
Originally posted by Wubbie: Injuries happen. For Crabtree though, it's unfortunate, because he already missed half of his rookie season due to an ill-advised holdout, and his image to 49ers fans took a huge hit. Any thing that happens, whether it's his fault or not, now becomes ammunition for fans to hate on him.But to be honest... I get the FEELING that Crabtree doesn't make the effort to put in work with Alex Smith. Alex Smith was glowing about how hard of a worker Braylon Edwards is and how they always stay after for practice to work together... I don't recall Alex having that same relationship with Crabtree.Again, on the flip side... if Crabs and Alex can't get their chemistry down... it's not only Crabs' fault, but Alex's as well. It takes TWO to have a QB/WR relationship.

..............You know I have to say in this case, i dont blame too much on Alex. And not any Alex love, but we have to be fair and say that Smith took the steps. He set up the training titled camp Alex. Edwards took the necessary steps of a no 1 receiver, and calls Alex and vice versa for them to stay after practice, before practice, and even on off days.

The most telling came when Edwards spoke of the rapport that he wanted to have with Alex, to build that chemistry. He said things that even if they were just blown smoke, i have never heard of from Crabs mouth.

No one can say that missed TC doesnt make a difference because it does. And like it or not, FACT IS, Smith is having no other issue firing the ball away except to Crabs.

Not knocking him, or saying he should be off the team, cuz thats ludacris. But once, just once id like to hear from his mouth, how vital it is to work with a QB. I mean if my mind serves me correctly during Camp alex or close to it, wasnt he having other college Qb's throwing to him, when he could of been building that chemistry with Smith.

I want someone to ask him, and maybe i'll write Cohn or Barrows or Maiocco to ask him, does he feel that it's vital to build chemistry with your QB.

Big difference between Edwards and Crabtree SEEMS to be that Edwards has been humbled by his failures in Cleveland and the Jets. Even winding up in "tail ender" SF was not rated as the most attractive place to be.

Crabtree, OTOH, has not yet hit that point although recent reports about his relationship with the media indicate changes are happening.

PATIENCE!
I've stated this many times... "Crabtree runs time consuming routes by adding too much dancing and head fakes. This messes up the timing and causes him to be steps late or short on his depth in his position on the field. That's why we see the high throws from Alex. I compare it to a hb that likes to dance in the backfield instead of just hitting the hole. I've played with guys that did this type of erratic route running and it's hard for them to break the habit."

Thanks to NateWillis2252 - Here were the knocks on Crabtree coming out of college

[ Edited by gamechanger on Nov 3, 2011 at 11:57 AM ]
i'm glad you posted this because we've never had a thread to talk about this before.
Send this to Harbaugh immediately
And what does running the route to late have to do with a high throw?
Share 49ersWebzone