There are 223 users in the forums

Skip Bayless: "The 49ers WILL win remain unbeaten for the rest of the Season"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Who cares, he scored either way. But talk about it for the next week since it's a bye week if you must.
They won't win that many. But I'm shocked they won as many as they did so far. Somewhere between 10 - 6 to 12 - 4 is realistic at this point. Nobody would have believed that at the beginning of the year.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cory4903:
Most of what Ritchie said what BS, but having the last 2 teams we played play on monday night the week before did help us somewhat

It's hard for me to take him seriously because he's such a Raiders homer. You think he would bring up defeating the Lions and Buccs on short weeks if they were talking about the Raiders. Not a chance.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
The 4th down play:

Alex didn't read the defense correctly and that much was obvious. Thankfully the Lions DB didn't make a play even though he was in position and Walker carried him into the endzone. Alex should have thrown it to Crabtree but got lucky that the Lions defender couldn't stop Walker from getting into the endzone.

Obvious only to those with the impartiality to decipher what they are looking at.

Some poster said that people only see what they want to see. The irony of it was that I think he was making a point SUPPORTING the proposition that Alex was something other than what he has shown the past six year. When in fact Alex is still the same guy.

That's OK though. None of it matters unless one's job depends on it. Which I doubt is the case with those posting on this site. So, believe what you want to believe.

To me it's obvious. Count me among those who believe: The Niners are winning in spite of Alex, not because of him. He's not an instinctive player and he's erratic with his accuracy. Sure, he knows what he's supposed to do under the different scenarios. But the game isn't played in the classroom and when live bullets are flying, and some instinct needs to take over, he gets a bit lost. the game planning so far has limited the need for too much reliance on him. I'm saying that he is a BELOW AVERAGE starting quarterback; meaning that IMO the starting QBs in more than half the teams out there are better than him. And would have at least the same amount of success on this team as he is having. EOS.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
The 4th down play:

Alex didn't read the defense correctly and that much was obvious. Thankfully the Lions DB didn't make a play even though he was in position and Walker carried him into the endzone. Alex should have thrown it to Crabtree but got lucky that the Lions defender couldn't stop Walker from getting into the endzone.

Obvious only to those with the impartiality to decipher what they are looking at.

Some poster said that people only see what they want to see. The irony of it was that I think he was making a point SUPPORTING the proposition that Alex was something other than what he has shown the past six year. When in fact Alex is still the same guy.

That's OK though. None of it matters unless one's job depends on it. Which I doubt is the case with those posting on this site. So, believe what you want to believe.

To me it's obvious. Count me among those who believe: The Niners are winning in spite of Alex, not because of him. He's not an instinctive player and he's erratic with his accuracy. Sure, he knows what he's supposed to do under the different scenarios. But the game isn't played in the classroom and when live bullets are flying, and some instinct needs to take over, he gets a bit lost. the game planning so far has limited the need for too much reliance on him. I'm saying that he is a BELOW AVERAGE starting quarterback; meaning that IMO the starting QBs in more than half the teams out there are better than him. And would have at least the same amount of success on this team as he is having. EOS.

LOL. What? He throws a TD on 4th down to come from behind and win the game on the road against a 5 - 0 team and we are 5 - 1 and you guys are complaining....
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The 4th down play:

LOL. What? He throws a TD on 4th down to come from behind and win the game on the road against a 5 - 0 team and we are 5 - 1 and you guys are complaining....

Also willed the offense to Move when needed during our first few games with no running attack
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Alex stared down Walker as he took the snap. He never read his other options.

he glanced to his left as soon as he snapped it, but besides that yeah it looked like he was turning to throw it to Walker all the way.

...anything else would have been risky. Small DB on Walker, we need a few yards - obvious mismatch. Deliver the perfect ball, and let Walker get in the end-zone.
nvm
[ Edited by Shorteous on Oct 23, 2011 at 6:23 AM ]
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by corona55569:
Yeah I agree undefeated the rest of the way yeah right ...there are a handful of games where it's difficult to
Get the intensity level pumped up... I'm worried about the trip 2 WAS

Me too, I'm going to that game. They let me down last year in enemy territory against Carolina, but there is something special about this season. I don't think we win the rest of our games but it's not teams like the ravens or steelers that worry me. It's games like the browns, redskins or even the rams. It's easy to be confident when we have had the success that we have had and sometimes get a little complacent against teams that are average to not so good. Harbaugh will have a tough job getting these guys pumped up to play every week against some of the teams on our schedule the way he has the last three games against playoff caliber teams. But heres to hoping...

IF this team gets complacent after winning a few games, they are the weakest minded players in the NFL, i don't think most players on this team have never had a winning season in the NFL, i think they will be ready for every game. They would be insane to think they have arrived, and haven't even won the division, won a playoff, and definitely have not lifted the Lombardi
The worst case senario is 12-4. Best case is 15-1.
Reality is somewhere in the middle.

I'm really only worried about the Ravens and Seahawks.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
naw, once we clinch the west, some players will start to sit out.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
naw, once we clinch the west, some players will start to sit out.

not if we have a shot at #1 or #2 seed
go niners!

To me it's obvious. Count me among those who believe: The Niners are winning in spite of Alex, not because of him.

There it is. Been waiting for it.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
It's a pre-snap read on a three step drop. It's either going to the right or it's a drop off to the RB in the flat. Crabtree will not break wide open in the back of the endzone because the lions did not call a double shallow zone coverage at the goal line. The DB breaks off Crabtree only because Smith is in a throwing motion to Delanie, if Smith key's in on Crabs the DB follows him to the corner of the endzone. The other options are covered if you look at the play as the zone has them all blanketed. Delanie is reported as saying that he knew the ball was coming to him presnap and that he was happy they felt confident in him to make the play.

GEEZZSZZZZ

peeps will only see what they want, there's so much spin around here I get dizzy.

This is how I saw the play and those who want to declare their expertise by stating categorically who the best read would be should admit theirs are opinions based on conjecture and perhaps bias. Walker says he was the number one receiver for the call then that's good enough for me.

As far as the comment on the easy schedule is concerned--it's ludicrous! Three games in the eastern zone, and the most difficult schedule among top teams judged by strength of opponent demonstrates the 9ers overcoming adversity not taking advantage of an easy schedule.

The best news is that the average rank for teams played already is 14th, and the average rank for remaining teams is approximately 22nd. Now the weakness of the schedule should help the 9ers.
Share 49ersWebzone