There are 238 users in the forums

"Developing the offense" my a$$

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Okay, seriously bringing up yards is f**king idiotic. Stop doing that. You want your opinion respected and then you post something like this. Stats like that DO NOT matter in the long run. 124 yards was good enough to lead us on 5 scoring drives in the Seattle game and win the football game. The W is what's important, not how many yards he got. I feel like I say this every other post I make. Complaining about yards is the most idiotic thing I have seen in a long time. Smith looked on point in that game and did what was asked of him and guess what? We won. He was 15 of 20 with 3 drops. They catch those and he's 18/20. That's excellent.

Not looking at the big picture is idiotic. When you put up a lot of yards you're on the field moving the ball getting first downs keeping the Defense off the field. As you saw near the end of the Game the D was tired and Seattle ended up burning our Defense just like in the Dallas game. You try to spin things and say yards don't matter because it's Alex Smith when they matter for any QB in the league. People like you say Trent Dilfer sucks when he did the exact same thing as Alex is doing now with a better defense. Keep pretending that yards don't matter when we have a pathetic. If Ginn didn't return those two kicks, we might not have even won that game.

are you kidding me? How many yards did Cam Newton get? How many wins does he have? IT DOESNT MATTER. Yards DO NOT mean wins. I would rather have Alex's stats than anyone else in the league if it meant we won.

You really want to play the might not game? That's really simple. How about this: If Alex Smith didn't lead the team to 5 scoring drives we might not have won the game. See how easy that is? Mights, maybes, should haves, all of those do not matter in football. We got the W, that's all.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I'm not satisfied with losing, but we havent had a losing season yet this year. We're 1/8th of the way through the stadium. And just because you have bux and have season tickets doesnt make you a badass who knows everything about the team and a more important fan, it just means you're well off financially and luck you live near the games. If I lived in the Bay and my family had money we would have season tickets, but that doesnt mean I'm happy with losing or I'm an inferior fan. I watch every game, I buy jerseys, I pay attention to all the news that goes on with this team despite school and other stuff. I remember being a junior in HS and during lunch instead of eating or hanging out with friends I would go the library and go on the webzone. I expect the team we have this year to win at least 9 games and make the playoffs, if that doesnt happen I'll be frustrated and angry again. But this team has a bunch of new players, new coaching staff installing a timing based offense, a mediocre QB trying to make a name for himself and do well finally, 2 weeks from now we should be quite a bit better. We should be 2-0 right now and everyone's panicking. We will be fine, this is our year IMO.

What? You don't have to be a millionaire to get season tickets. You just need a credit card. WTF is your rant about?
are you kidding me? How many yards did Cam Newton get? How many wins does he have? IT DOESNT MATTER. Yards DO NOT mean wins. I would rather have Alex's stats than anyone else in the league if it meant we won.

You really want to play the might not game? That's really simple. How about this: If Alex Smith didn't lead the team to 5 scoring drives we might not have won the game. See how easy that is? Mights, maybes, should haves, all of those do not matter in football. We got the W, that's all.

I need to watch the Carolina game to see why they lost. From what I heard they were close games. Bad calls? Who knows why they lost but they probably should not have lost. You're giving all this credit to Smith like he's the only person responsible for the wins.

I need to watch the Carolina game to see why they lost. From what I heard they were close games. Bad calls? Who knows why they lost but they probably should not have lost. You're giving all this credit to Smith like he's the only person responsible for the wins.

And you're talking about yards like they're the only thing responsible for wins.
And you're talking about yards like they're the only thing responsible for wins.

Sure
  • Jiks

I'm not satisfied with losing, but we havent had a losing season yet this year. We're 1/8th of the way through the stadium. And just because you have bux and have season tickets doesnt make you a badass who knows everything about the team and a more important fan, it just means you're well off financially and luck you live near the games. If I lived in the Bay and my family had money we would have season tickets, but that doesnt mean I'm happy with losing or I'm an inferior fan. I watch every game, I buy jerseys, I pay attention to all the news that goes on with this team despite school and other stuff. I remember being a junior in HS and during lunch instead of eating or hanging out with friends I would go the library and go on the webzone. I expect the team we have this year to win at least 9 games and make the playoffs, if that doesnt happen I'll be frustrated and angry again. But this team has a bunch of new players, new coaching staff installing a timing based offense, a mediocre QB trying to make a name for himself and do well finally, 2 weeks from now we should be quite a bit better. We should be 2-0 right now and everyone's panicking. We will be fine, this is our year IMO.

What? You don't have to be a millionaire to get season tickets. You just need a credit card. WTF is your rant about?

Rant? You asked if I was satisfied with losing and I explained that no I'm not, but this season isnt even close to being lost yet and that's a rant? Seriously? You spin things no matter what just so you dont have to ever admit to being wrong or seeing someone else's point of view. Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. Not because you don't listen just like the brick wall doesn't listen, but because your arguments are about as intelligent as the brick wall.
Rant? You asked if I was satisfied with losing and I explained that no I'm not, but this season isnt even close to being lost yet and that's a rant? Seriously? You spin things no matter what just so you dont have to ever admit to being wrong or seeing someone else's point of view. Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall. Not because you don't listen just like the brick wall doesn't listen, but because your arguments are about as intelligent as the brick wall.

No matter what you say or think of me the fact is the 49ers have not won a god damn thing with Smith and have looked pathetic with him at QB so all the rah rah crap in the world you do won't turn him into a winning QB. All you have to do is look at the wins and losses, these are facts so if that's "unintelligent" then WTF are you posting?
[ Edited by Uppercut on Sep 20, 2011 at 9:51 PM ]

No matter what you say or think of me the fact is the 49ers have not won a god damn thing with Smith and have looked pathetic with him at QB so all the rah rah crap in the world you do won't turn him into a winning QB. All you have to do is look at the wins and losses, these are facts so if that's "unintelligent" then WTF are you posting?

1-1 and the team is averaging 28.5 PPG with a new HC and 50% of the offense installed so far. That's pathetic? He's completed 70% of his passes so far.

EDIT: I also love how instead of addressing people's points, you just throw out WELL SMIF SUX AN DATS A FAX I WIN WITTY REMARK LOLZ.
[ Edited by WillistheWall on Sep 20, 2011 at 9:55 PM ]
Okay, seriously bringing up yards is f**king idiotic. Stop doing that. You want your opinion respected and then you post something like this. Stats like that DO NOT matter in the long run. 124 yards was good enough to lead us on 5 scoring drives in the Seattle game and win the football game. The W is what's important, not how many yards he got. I feel like I say this every other post I make. Complaining about yards is the most idiotic thing I have seen in a long time. Smith looked on point in that game and did what was asked of him and guess what? We won. He was 15 of 20 with 3 drops. They catch those and he's 18/20. That's excellent.

Not looking at the big picture is idiotic. When you put up a lot of yards you're on the field moving the ball getting first downs keeping the Defense off the field. As you saw near the end of the Game the D was tired and Seattle ended up burning our Defense just like in the Dallas game. You try to spin things and say yards don't matter because it's Alex Smith when they matter for any QB in the league. People like you say Trent Dilfer sucks when he did the exact same thing as Alex is doing now with a better defense. Keep pretending that yards don't matter when we have a pathetic. If Ginn didn't return those two kicks, we might not have even won that game.

Actually considering that he was the #1 pick, Carolina really shouldn't be concerned about the amount of wins. Those will come cuz most teams wont be able to keep up with that pace. Te better teams yes. The problem is he is making teams defend him. When have we ever heard anything like that about Alex?Do you know that the zone would implode if Alex ever had back to back 300 yds games.

Starting to think this dude doesn't even watch the games.
Ginn actually had a pretty good game on Sunday.

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
My biggest probem right now is that, for whatever reason, Harbaugh does not seem to be using the strengths of this offense to his advantage, the were still learning our strengths excuse doesnt cut it because we know where the weapons are on our team.

Vernon should be targeted atleast ten times a game. Frank should be yielding half of his carries to hunter. Williams needs to see more time in the slot instead of Ginn, dont get me wrong i like Ginn as a return man, but he just disapears in the pass game. two tight end sets for the passing game needs to be a staple, lets face it walker is probally a starter for alot of teams in this league. Morannorass should not even be on this team. He also needs to realise that until we can hurt people with our pass game they will continue to stack the box. Why wouldnt they? I think Smith has done a pretty good job with the opportunities given and i do understand that Edwards was probally a big part of the game plan against dallas but got hurt...i wont mention what i think about crabs since it has been talked about in the crabs thread, except that he is not helping this team at this point and time.

I do have faith that Harbaugh will get it right in the long run, and i can see the creativity bubble to the top at certain times, but it is a bit frustrating that it seems instead of trying to utilize the obvious weapons on this team, he seems to be going about it in his own way trying to match the personnel to the game plan instead of matching the game plan to the personnel.

I do however understand this is his first year, and we may not have the best personnel to work in his system, but i just wish he would use this year to have fun and see what we really do have on this team, win or lose, i would like to see him have fun and open it up. There are low expectations this year so it should be a year for creativity and open mindedness to see what we truly have. Not a be conservative for the sake of possibly getting to the playoffs.

I will say his passion for the game and interaction with the team on the sidelines is a breath of fresh air and hope that by the end of next season we will see this team start to resemble the dominating stanford team. only time will tell, but its to early to lose faith, frustration is ok, but loss of faith is a bit drastic.

Ginn actually had a pretty good game on Sunday.

I wouldn't consider 4 catches for 38 yards a pretty good game myself. Especially once he became the biggest threat at WR. Williams came in off the bench and did more for the team. I wont say it was a bad performance...but saying it was a pretty good game is stretching it a bit. Ginn has some good plays once in a while but for the most part, like i stated, disappears as a WR.
You're right this dude doesn't watch games

Who, uppercut? Yeah because whenever he goes to the games he's too busy drinking and cursing to actually pay attention to what's happening.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:

Actually considering that he was the #1 pick, Carolina really shouldn't be concerned about the amount of wins. Those will come cuz most teams wont be able to keep up with that pace. Te better teams yes. The problem is he is making teams defend him. When have we ever heard anything like that about Alex?Do you know that the zone would implode if Alex ever had back to back 300 yds games.

Hey I would love it if he got back to back 300 yard games, because it would mean we finally had a capable coaching staff who wasn't so insistent on running the ball up the middle for no gains.
Share 49ersWebzone