LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 200 users in the forums

"Developing the offense" my a$$

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Uppercut:
Originally posted by AiNoKea:
Wow you must be young cat.

If 32 is young then ok, but why should I remember when young got booed briefly? He was a New QB with the niners that nobody knew about, if they booed him they probably loss and were mad this guy replaced montana. It's not like they randomly booed him when he was a winning QB.

Yes they booed Young a lot. One fan yelled at Young saying your only half the QB Montana was, reffering to his and Montana's number. Young was also booed constantly, for not winning the big one, that's why there's that clip of him and Gary Plummer "get the monkey off my back". If back then wasn't what you called getting booed, what was.

I take it back, booed was probably an understatement, Young was straight up hated on.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Dude? He had been starting for 2 and a half years and won a MVP by that point. I'm 19 and I know that. You sure you're a 9er fan?

Man please, so because you look up some information about him being booed when you were 4 years old all of a sudden you're a know it all, excuse me for not burning my memory with useless crap about an NFL QB getting booed.

No I actually knew it because I was born and raised a 49er fan, Steve was my favorite player as a little kid because he had the same last name and I wore his jersey to school, and I have watched some of the old game replays of him on NFLNet, youtube, 94 superbowl on DVD, and have the 94 America's game on my IPOD. Has nothing to do with being a know it all. I didnt just go and look s**t up to make a condescending remark, I knew it off the top of my head.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Read the whole post before responding. So Alex has shown nothing the past two games? Well you should get the thousands you dropped back because you have seen nothing.

Most of the same posters when Harbaugh was hired admittedly knew he wasn't going to come out and win every game. It was the talk of the whole offseason, and the lockout compounded that. Now these same posters are all butthurt that their prediction is coming to fruition.

My expectations have been exceeded. I thought we were going to be MUCH worse.

124 yards against the worst team in the NFL is impressive to you? Then one average game that every starter in the NFL does in the first half is blowing you away? You have some low expectations.

Where did I say I was impressed? Once again, comprehension fail. My expectations have never been lower than they were coming into this season.
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
All these posters having brain aneurysms after a close loss to a more talented team make me facepalm.

Stop associating Harbaugh with past mediocrity. He had nothing to do with it.

We still have Smith and I have seen the "Calm down it's early" know it all facepalm talk for the past 9 years. Don't you think people have a right to be pessimistic when you have a horrible track record for almost a decade? We bring back the same QB who has shown NOTHING the previous 6 seasons and you want people to be patient again? We don't have to be, especially if we are dropping thousands on tickets.

Nobody made you drop g's on tickets, the team is 1-1 and should be 2-0 against a very talented team. Let them try to do their god damned job, as if b***hing about it on an internet forum to a bunch of people who dont care is going to chance anything anyway.

Um thats what this fourm is for my friend. Him being a fan of this team made him drop money on tix. He should be able to expect a reasonal eturn on his investment. We all are fan that have different opinions speaking about it on a fan Fourm. Smoke one and Relax.

Its been 2 games and we've won 1, almost won the 2nd(which in another thread he admitted he sold his seats for twice what they were worth), and he's not getting a reasonable return on his investment? I'm not the one complaining, he is. I'm just irritated because of all the chicken littles here in 9er talk.
Where did I say I was impressed? Once again, comprehension fail. My expectations have never been lower than they were coming into this season.

Why are you back peddling? You telling me he's shown things these first two games, when he's shown he's a game manager, obviously you're implying you're impressed. Now you're saying you're not impressed? What are you saying?
Its been 2 games and we've won 1, almost won the 2nd(which in another thread he admitted he sold his seats for twice what they were worth), and he's not getting a reasonable return on his investment? I'm not the one complaining, he is. I'm just irritated because of all the chicken littles here in 9er talk.

You expect everybody to be satisfied with losing ? Yes Losing, Since you were 10 years old. Losing. Why don't you come out to a game and listen to how short the patience is with us at the stadium.
[ Edited by Uppercut on Sep 20, 2011 at 9:28 PM ]
Read the whole post before responding. So Alex has shown nothing the past two games? Well you should get the thousands you dropped back because you have seen nothing.

Most of the same posters when Harbaugh was hired admittedly knew he wasn't going to come out and win every game. It was the talk of the whole offseason, and the lockout compounded that. Now these same posters are all butthurt that their prediction is coming to fruition.

My expectations have been exceeded. I thought we were going to be MUCH worse.

124 yards against the worst team in the NFL is impressive to you? Then one average game that every starter in the NFL does in the first half is blowing you away? You have some low expectations.
Okay, seriously bringing up yards is f**king idiotic. Stop doing that. You want your opinion respected and then you post something like this. Stats like that DO NOT matter in the long run. 124 yards was good enough to lead us on 5 scoring drives in the Seattle game and win the football game. The W is what's important, not how many yards he got. I feel like I say this every other post I make. Complaining about yards is the most idiotic thing I have seen in a long time. Smith looked on point in that game and did what was asked of him and guess what? We won. He was 15 of 20 with 3 drops. They catch those and he's 18/20. That's excellent.

Why are you back peddling? You telling me he's shown things these first two games, when he's shown he's a game manager, obviously you're implying you're impressed. Now you're saying you're not impressed? What are you saying?

I'm simply saying he's shown more than what you said which was nothing. He's shown more than I expected. I didn't imply anything other than that. You're doing all the implying. It'll be interesting to see how you spin this post.
Yet people like you complain about people not going to the game, I go and you post that trash you did. I can say what the f*** I want to say about the team. Have you even been to a game or are you another out of state fan complaining about locals.

Would you point me to one of your posts that actually analyzes something or adds facts to an argument? So far you seem really adept at criticizing others but you add little to the discussion. If I am wrong please enlighten me.

PS The post below this post is an example of facts added. I don't necessarily agree with them all but they gave me something to think about...as opposed to "Yet you people...(fill in the blank)."
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 20, 2011 at 9:37 PM ]

My biggest probem right now is that, for whatever reason, Harbaugh does not seem to be using the strengths of this offense to his advantage, the were still learning our strengths excuse doesnt cut it because we know where the weapons are on our team.

Vernon should be targeted atleast ten times a game. Frank should be yielding half of his carries to hunter. Williams needs to see more time in the slot instead of Ginn, dont get me wrong i like Ginn as a return man, but he just disapears in the pass game. two tight end sets for the passing game needs to be a staple, lets face it walker is probally a starter for alot of teams in this league. Morannorass should not even be on this team. He also needs to realise that until we can hurt people with our pass game they will continue to stack the box. Why wouldnt they? I think Smith has done a pretty good job with the opportunities given and i do understand that Edwards was probally a big part of the game plan against dallas but got hurt...i wont mention what i think about crabs since it has been talked about in the crabs thread, except that he is not helping this team at this point and time.

I do have faith that Harbaugh will get it right in the long run, and i can see the creativity bubble to the top at certain times, but it is a bit frustrating that it seems instead of trying to utilize the obvious weapons on this team, he seems to be going about it in his own way trying to match the personnel to the game plan instead of matching the game plan to the personnel.

I do however understand this is his first year, and we may not have the best personnel to work in his system, but i just wish he would use this year to have fun and see what we really do have on this team, win or lose, i would like to see him have fun and open it up. There are low expectations this year so it should be a year for creativity and open mindedness to see what we truly have. Not a be conservative for the sake of possibly getting to the playoffs.

I will say his passion for the game and interaction with the team on the sidelines is a breath of fresh air and hope that by the end of next season we will see this team start to resemble the dominating stanford team. only time will tell, but its to early to lose faith, frustration is ok, but loss of faith is a bit drastic.

You expect everybody to be satisfied with losing ? Yes Losing, Since you were 10 years old. Losing. Why don't you come out to a game and listen to how short the patience is with us at the stadium.

I'm not satisfied with losing, but we havent had a losing season yet this year. We're 1/8th of the way through the stadium. And just because you have bux and have season tickets doesnt make you a badass who knows everything about the team and a more important fan, it just means you're well off financially and luck you live near the games. If I lived in the Bay and my family had money we would have season tickets, but that doesnt mean I'm happy with losing or I'm an inferior fan. I watch every game, I buy jerseys, I pay attention to all the news that goes on with this team despite school and other stuff. I remember being a junior in HS and during lunch instead of eating or hanging out with friends I would go the library and go on the webzone. I expect the team we have this year to win at least 9 games and make the playoffs, if that doesnt happen I'll be frustrated and angry again. But this team has a bunch of new players, new coaching staff installing a timing based offense, a mediocre QB trying to make a name for himself and do well finally, 2 weeks from now we should be quite a bit better. We should be 2-0 right now and everyone's panicking. We will be fine, this is our year IMO.
Originally posted by Whomeam:
Okay, seriously bringing up yards is f**king idiotic. Stop doing that. You want your opinion respected and then you post something like this. Stats like that DO NOT matter in the long run. 124 yards was good enough to lead us on 5 scoring drives in the Seattle game and win the football game. The W is what's important, not how many yards he got. I feel like I say this every other post I make. Complaining about yards is the most idiotic thing I have seen in a long time. Smith looked on point in that game and did what was asked of him and guess what? We won. He was 15 of 20 with 3 drops. They catch those and he's 18/20. That's excellent.

Not looking at the big picture is idiotic. When you put up a lot of yards you're on the field moving the ball getting first downs keeping the Defense off the field. As you saw near the end of the Game the D was tired and Seattle ended up burning our Defense just like in the Dallas game. You try to spin things and say yards don't matter because it's Alex Smith when they matter for any QB in the league. People like you say Trent Dilfer sucks when he did the exact same thing as Alex is doing now with a better defense. Keep pretending that yards don't matter when we have a pathetic secondary that needs to be off the field as much as possible. If Ginn didn't return those two kicks, we might not have even won that game.
[ Edited by Uppercut on Sep 20, 2011 at 9:38 PM ]
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
My biggest probem right now is that, for whatever reason, Harbaugh does not seem to be using the strengths of this offense to his advantage, the were still learning our strengths excuse doesnt cut it because we know where the weapons are on our team.

Vernon should be targeted atleast ten times a game. Frank should be yielding half of his carries to hunter. Williams needs to see more time in the slot instead of Ginn, dont get me wrong i like Ginn as a return man, but he just disapears in the pass game. two tight end sets for the passing game needs to be a staple, lets face it walker is probally a starter for alot of teams in this league. Morannorass should not even be on this team. He also needs to realise that until we can hurt people with our pass game they will continue to stack the box. Why wouldnt they? I think Smith has done a pretty good job with the opportunities given and i do understand that Edwards was probally a big part of the game plan against dallas but got hurt...i wont mention what i think about crabs since it has been talked about in the crabs thread, except that he is not helping this team at this point and time.

I do have faith that Harbaugh will get it right in the long run, and i can see the creativity bubble to the top at certain times, but it is a bit frustrating that it seems instead of trying to utilize the obvious weapons on this team, he seems to be going about it in his own way trying to match the personnel to the game plan instead of matching the game plan to the personnel.

I do however understand this is his first year, and we may not have the best personnel to work in his system, but i just wish he would use this year to have fun and see what we really do have on this team, win or lose, i would like to see him have fun and open it up. There are low expectations this year so it should be a year for creativity and open mindedness to see what we truly have. Not a be conservative for the sake of possibly getting to the playoffs.

I will say his passion for the game and interaction with the team on the sidelines is a breath of fresh air and hope that by the end of next season we will see this team start to resemble the dominating stanford team. only time will tell, but its to early to lose faith, frustration is ok, but loss of faith is a bit drastic.

Ginn actually had a pretty good game on Sunday.
I'm simply saying he's shown more than what you said which was nothing. He's shown more than I expected. I didn't imply anything other than that. You're doing all the implying. It'll be interesting to see how you spin this post.

All i'm saying is your expectations are low if that is more than you expected. What were you expecting? McNabb week one numbers? lol
Share 49ersWebzone