LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

Official Bill Walsh Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Paul who?
"I put the f**king play in paul......don't correct me on the field". I always loved that rant.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jan 23, 2015 at 6:50 PM ]
Originally posted by teylo31:
Paul who?

I assume its former qb coach paul Hackett.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jan 23, 2015 at 6:51 PM ]
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners816:
Paul who?

Correct, I believe he was the qb coach then.
[ Edited by 190836 on Jan 23, 2015 at 6:52 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Paul who?

The unofficial offensive coordinator.
Love Ronnie reppin the Giants
I'm a WCO lover....this portion going on right now is my favorite part of the show. Talking about the qb foot work.
Originally posted by 190836:
I wish some of the younger fans could have seen his greatness. Never to be repeat it again.

If younger Niner fans could have lived through his time with the team they could have seen why us older fans have expectation levels that are so high. Making the playoffs or even conference championships simply was not enough. It was failure to not win it all.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
I wish some of the younger fans could have seen his greatness. Never to be repeat it again.

If younger Niner fans could have lived through his time with the team they could have seen why us older fans have expectation levels that are so high. Making the playoffs or even conference championships simply was not enough. It was failure to not win it all.
Exactly.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

lol, so what are you going to do when the 9ers dont ever meet your expectations ?

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Bill Walsh deserves the love, but if the 49erswebzone had existed back then I think there would of been a FIRE BILL WALSH thread which would of been going strong between 1985-87. And if twitter had existed and people like Schefter had been around not even sure Walsh could have survived to get that 1988 title.
I'm a WCO lover....this portion going on right now is my favorite part of the show. Talking about the qb foot work.

Reminds me of that Bill Walsh Quarterbacking video. It's a thing of beauty. Watching this episode of A Football life almost has me thinking we should've at least talked to Milk Holmgren lol.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

Reminds me of that Bill Walsh Quarterbacking video. It's a thing of beauty. Watching this episode of A Football life almost has me thinking we should've at least talked to Milk Holmgren lol.

I know it can be a touchy situation when people clamour for anything relating to bill. But there is a reason why wanting anything relating to a trancendent figure is never a bad thing.

IMO, Holmgren is the direct decendent of walsh, in football terms.
oh here come those tears again... I can't hold it.

Great episode!!! Must watch for those that missed it.
Share 49ersWebzone