There are 280 users in the forums

Official Bill Walsh Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
My whole body is tingling like i went on a roller coaster, skydived, went to war, kissed a girl for the first time all at once
I remember watching Coach Walsh go through a workout with Phil Simms before the draft. In the short video he showed Simms how to move, position the ball at the release and lead the receiver. After the workout Simms commented that he had never been coached like that before. Imagine if Coach could mentor Kap, who knows how far he would advance.
Bill Walsh. Genius.
  • Veteran
I wonder if coach Chevy Silverado has read "Finding the Winning Edge" by Bill Walsh.
Originally posted by 190836:
I wonder if coach Chevy Silverado has read "Finding the Winning Edge" by Bill Walsh.

Schembechler is GOD!!
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by 190836:
I wish some of the younger fans could have seen his greatness. Never to be repeat it again.

If younger Niner fans could have lived through his time with the team they could have seen why us older fans have expectation levels that are so high. Making the playoffs or even conference championships simply was not enough. It was failure to not win it all.
lol, so what are you going to do when the 9ers dont ever meet your expectations ?

I've been a fan of the NFL since '71 and learned a long time ago to appreciate good football no matter who's playing it. All we can do as fans is hope our team gets to the top and stays there for awhile.The Niners met those expectations a few times and hopefully they will again.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
oh here come those tears again... I can't hold it.

Thank God for football? No Bill...thank God for you!
  • THEB
  • Veteran
i forgot to record the show. f**kkkk my life. i hope they show it again

Nevermind. its about to re air in 10 minutes :D
[ Edited by THEB on Jan 23, 2015 at 8:51 PM ]
Originally posted by THEB:
i forgot to record the show. f**kkkk my life. i hope they show it again

Nevermind. its about to re air in 10 minutes :D

Haha i had the same issue. I got my popcorn ready. Its about to start!
^^^enjoy...it's s great episode.

Originally posted by Niners816:

Loving it.

I knew he was crazy, but he really had some issues.

Most great men do. I guess most people do to some extent.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 23, 2015 at 9:52 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Loving it.

It's those perfectionists....nothing ever satisfies them. His chase for perfection revolutionized an entire sport.
Made me really happy and sad at same time. I never met the man, but I feel like I was there in Camelot during those years despite being born in 1975 on the East Coast. Just feel like he was a treasure.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Loving it.

It's those perfectionists....nothing ever satisfies them. His chase for perfection revolutionized an entire sport.

Yup.

That qb controvery comment was bizarre.
Share 49ersWebzone