There are 156 users in the forums

Official Bill Walsh Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Feel free to add what you so desire.
  • Veteran
Now I am depressed!!
Thanks for those clips. I had heard them some time ago but it is always nice to be reminded. I particularly appreciate the comment--grief and glory are briefly experienced.
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Sep 16, 2011 at 11:18 PM ]
Change it to OFFICIAL God thread
Respect!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He's the GOAT of coaching.
The Ghost of Bill Walsh will take over Harbaugh tomorrow
I've met several celebrities over the course of my life, and Coach Walsh was by far the most gracious of all of them. My dad & I drove up to the Stick for the Conference Championship game against the Rams in early 1990. We won 30-3, and afterward my dad took me & my friend down to the place where the players & coaches exited. I asked Coach Walsh for his autograph, and he seriously spent a good 3-4 minutes talking to us. There were a ton of people/media trying to talk to him, and he still made an effort to make a couple of kids' day. I'll never forget that. I cried when I heard that he'd passed away.
  • Veteran
A lot of our younger fans never saw the greatness of Bill Walsh. I wish there was a way to go back in time to witness the great 49er teams of the eighties.
I still remember that day Walsh passed away. I was in BART with some of my boys and my sister texted me "Who is Bill Walsh?" cause she knew i love the Niners, and i already knew it was bad news.

Originally posted by jreff22:
Change it to OFFICIAL God thread

This.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I've met several celebrities over the course of my life, and Coach Walsh was by far the most gracious of all of them. My dad & I drove up to the Stick for the Conference Championship game against the Rams in early 1990. We won 30-3, and afterward my dad took me & my friend down to the place where the players & coaches exited. I asked Coach Walsh for his autograph, and he seriously spent a good 3-4 minutes talking to us. There were a ton of people/media trying to talk to him, and he still made an effort to make a couple of kids' day. I'll never forget that. I cried when I heard that he'd passed away.

There are a lot of nfl fan sites that should have this as an ongoing thread. This man held significant influence over the league and still does today as his principles and teachings are on display right now. He is the reason I can't tolerate much yapping from other franchise fan bases as to how much we suck when they owe a lot of their teams offensive philosophy to the late great Bill Walsh
Something all Zoners can agree on - the great Bill Walsh.
There are two major impact coaches from the NFL, Vince Lombardi and Bill Walsh. Everyone in between were tweaking. To be fair you could add Gillman as the Lombardi of the passing game. But then...this is just because I liked these guys, perhaps you have different favorites?
Share 49ersWebzone