LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 275 users in the forums

Official Bill Walsh Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garcia:
If he's such a great coach how come he wasn't a candidate for our last two coaching vacancies? Obviously the Yorks and Baalke are seeing something that clearly others aren't.

There's a reason he hasn't been in the NFL for the last 15 plus years

Garce, what's your deal?
Originally posted by Niners816:
If he's such a great coach how come he wasn't a candidate for our last two coaching vacancies? Obviously the Yorks and Baalke are seeing something that clearly others aren't.

Pretty much...he made the mistake of passing away in 2007.

Wait a minute. Does Garcia know that Walsh is dead? Do they even know who Bill Walsh was?
Originally posted by 49erFan816:
Wait a minute. Does Garcia know that Walsh is dead? Do they even know who Bill Walsh was?

I'm about 99.9% sure he is just messing around.
Garce. Nice trolling in here. You should be proud of yourself. And here I thought you just posted nonsense in the Giants thread.

Should we make an Official George Seifert thread?
Originally posted by 49erFan816:

Should we make an Official George Seifert thread?

Naw, he wasn't a candidate in our last coaching hires either and he is still alive, tells you all you need to know about him.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jan 24, 2015 at 6:48 PM ]
Naw, he wasn't a candidate in our last coaching hires either and he is still alive, tells you all you need to know about him.

lol
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Point is he's not even coaching anymore so why is this thread even relevent?

If anything it belongs in the Parking Lot because it's non football related

Bill Walsh is Niner Talk fuu and Niner Talk is Bill Walsh! U betta rekonize!

Are these complaints even serious? In what world is a thread about Bill walsh not football related.

The only reason the thread has been bumped is because of the NFL network program "a football life" about Bill that aired last night.

1. He's not coaching and hasn't coached In years
  2. He hasn't been apart of the organization in over a decade
  3. Gus Carmazzi?
  4. Jim Drunkmiller?
  5. Larry Dawnahue?
  6. Doesn't belong in NT IMO
You're comparing these guys to the legendary Bill Walsh?

This is a what have you done for me lately league.

Is this shtick?
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Point is he's not even coaching anymore so why is this thread even relevent?

If anything it belongs in the Parking Lot because it's non football related

Bill Walsh is Niner Talk fuu and Niner Talk is Bill Walsh! U betta rekonize!

Are these complaints even serious? In what world is a thread about Bill walsh not football related.

The only reason the thread has been bumped is because of the NFL network program "a football life" about Bill that aired last night.

1. He's not coaching and hasn't coached In years
  2. He hasn't been apart of the organization in over a decade
  3. Gus Carmazzi?
  4. Jim Drunkmiller?
  5. Larry Dawnahue?
  6. Doesn't belong in NT IMO

What are you talking about garcia

This is Bill Walsh.

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Holy hell lol
  • Veteran

Lol, you are the best.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
So I've been reading Walsh's book score takes care of itself and one thing I've been trying to do is draw comparisons/differences between him and Harbaugh.

Anybody care to expand on that? I know he's not the coach but there's something that all great coaches (Phil Jackson, bellicek, Greg popavic, even carrol (hate to say it) have in common : cool calm collected demeanor for the most part. Obviously this is overly sinplyfying it but they did rely on 'rah rah' when appropriate.

Anyone care to chime in?

im going to give my opinion and it is purely speculation but here it is

Just based on the names you mentioned and others that are in that mold you always hear how they prepare/prepared for every aspect of the game ans every outcome. Nothing shakes or rattled them nor does anything overly excite them. They are constantly coaching the game within the game and as we have all seen it can all change in an instant. I just think they are on another level and strive for complete perfection. Some coaches prepare until game time and then let the gameplan play out while some continue to coach.

Im not sure about similarities or differences between Bill and Jim. I dont think there is enough behind the curtains footage and info to make any assumptions, but that might just be one difference right there. I could be wrong but i also rarely sawHarbaugh talk to Kaep when he came off the field or on the bench but then again maybe they just never showed it

As for Carroll that dude is like a frickin cheerleader jumping and prancing around on the sidelines. No calm and collected at all
This was incredibly well done. I enjoyed every second of it. This episode, along with Eddie and Jerry's episodes and the 5 America's Game episodes are a MUST watch for all 49er fans.
I'm wondering if there's a possible chance they might republish Finding the Winning Edge with the exposure this episode gave it? Or at least make it available as an eBook.

I was able to put a library hold on the last remaining available copy in my county. Can't wait to start reading it!
Share 49ersWebzone