LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

Official Bill Walsh Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by LayTheWoodall:
This was incredibly well done. I enjoyed every second of it. This episode, along with Eddie and Jerry's episodes and the 5 America's Game episodes are a MUST watch for all 49er fans.

Have them all DVR'd
Originally posted by insanemike27:
This was incredibly well done. I enjoyed every second of it. This episode, along with Eddie and Jerry's episodes and the 5 America's Game episodes are a MUST watch for all 49er fans.

Have them all DVR'd

A couple a months ago, I purchased the NFL now package for my electric devices. It $1.99 a month but you get access to everything NFL films have put out (all the America games, team highlight films, SB highlights, a football life, etc). it is well worth the price.
Originally posted by Niners816:
A couple a months ago, I purchased the NFL now package for my electric devices. It $1.99 a month but you get access to everything NFL films have put out (all the America games, team highlight films, SB highlights, a football life, etc). it is well worth the price.

Don't want to deviate too much from this thread's purpose... but does this include "NFL's Greatest Games" as well? NFL Films did one for the Catch 1 and 2, the 92 ( ) and 94 NFCCG, the 2002 game vs the Giants, and others. I really enjoyed these because of the interviews included with game cut ups. Team highlight films were always fun to watch.
Don't want to deviate too much from this thread's purpose... but does this include "NFL's Greatest Games" as well? NFL Films did one for the Catch 1 and 2, the 92 ( ) and 94 NFCCG, the 2002 game vs the Giants, and others. I really enjoyed these because of the interviews included with game cut ups. Team highlight films were always fun to watch.

It does include all of these.
After watching it for 5 minutes I was more angry with how far gone things have gotten off the path with this FO. The disconnect is glaring to me, and the son can stfu with all this accountability, win with class, patronizing b******t he's been spewing. Get back to OUR WAY or sell the team.
Originally posted by VDpwndMjenkins:
After watching it for 5 minutes I was more angry with how far gone things have gotten off the path with this FO. The disconnect is glaring to me, and the son can stfu with all this accountability, win with class, patronizing b******t he's been spewing. Get back to OUR WAY or sell the team.

Your post is way off topic.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
There are a lot of nfl fan sites that should have this as an ongoing thread. This man held significant influence over the league and still does today as his principles and teachings are on display right now. He is the reason I can't tolerate much yapping from other franchise fan bases as to how much we suck when they owe a lot of their teams offensive philosophy to the late great Bill Walsh

Originally posted by Constantine:
There are a lot of nfl fan sites that should have this as an ongoing thread. This man held significant influence over the league and still does today as his principles and teachings are on display right now. He is the reason I can't tolerate much yapping from other franchise fan bases as to how much we suck when they owe a lot of their teams offensive philosophy to the late great Bill Walsh

So true. Seattle currently employs so much of these principles, esp. on defense, it's almost comical. Rodgers in GB?

I have to say though, that Parcells was our kryptonite back then. Their entire defense was designed and built around disrupting the timing of our offense...tons of jam-press, blitzes, outstanding pass rush, fast LB's to cover the RB's, etc. I hated the Giants back then but I had much respect for their style of play and mentality. IIRC, one of the very best games I ever saw was a 7-3 win by the Niners on Monday Night Football. If Baalke wants to build from this mindset, I have no problems with this...becoming an intimidator. But Bill Parcells had balls and he was not afraid to pull out a trick play here and there. Bill Walsh, as you saw in this video, was the EXACT same way. Will Tomsula be the same? I think the OC is going to say everything about the identity Baalke wants this team to go in. If it's Shanahan, it may mean he wants to continue with our WCO identity on offense...Chud? Not sure...more NY Giants-style? This aspect is fascinating to me.

The beef within the organization then is eerily similar to what happened here. Except the previous FO was mature enough to work through it instead of just throwing a tantrum like jed did and just cleaning house so he can have things his way.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

The beef within the organization then is eerily similar to what happened here. Except the previous FO was mature enough to work through it instead of just throwing a tantrum like jed did and just cleaning house so he can have things his way.

To be slightly more accurate the information was more controlled.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:

I think this is why Tom Gamble is so intriguing to me...perhaps, one more smart mind in the FO who can help reason and make the best decisions for this franchise. Not that I thought they made the wrong decision this time, but it's another good move if they go this direction.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 25, 2015 at 11:23 AM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
If he's such a great coach how come he wasn't a candidate for our last two coaching vacancies? Obviously the Yorks and Baalke are seeing something that clearly others aren't.

There's a reason he hasn't been in the NFL for the last 15 plus years

IDK if u are just messing around or being serious but nevertheless your post n responses are very disturbing to make a joke anything involving Bill Walsh is just disrespectful NO ONE on here thinks u are the next Richard Pryor so your sense of humor sure did take a major nose dive with your ignorant post. You have one less fellow zoner that has lost respect with such a idiotic post.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Constantine:

So true. Seattle currently employs so much of these principles, esp. on defense, it's almost comical. Rodgers in GB?

I have to say though, that Parcells was our kryptonite back then. Their entire defense was designed and built around disrupting the timing of our offense...tons of jam-press, blitzes, outstanding pass rush, fast LB's to cover the RB's, etc. I hated the Giants back then but I had much respect for their style of play and mentality. IIRC, one of the very best games I ever saw was a 7-3 win by the Niners on Monday Night Football. If Baalke wants to build from this mindset, I have no problems with this...becoming an intimidator. But Bill Parcells had balls and he was not afraid to pull out a trick play here and there. Bill Walsh, as you saw in this video, was the EXACT same way. Will Tomsula be the same? I think the OC is going to say everything about the identity Baalke wants this team to go in. If it's Shanahan, it may mean he wants to continue with our WCO identity on offense...Chud? Not sure...more NY Giants-style? This aspect is fascinating to me.

It's interesting that you say this because there is another thread where someone was asking about the greatest football teams of all time and I named a team that doesn't get much respect as one, the 1986 New York Giants. There was only team I ever feared and the was the New York Giants. They truly were our kryptonite. The 1985 Chicago Bears may be more of a flashier team, but not only were they a one year wonder, we historically dominated the Bears during that era. The Giants on the other hand would beat on us pretty good. We got our shots on them as well, but they were the only team in my mind that could truly stop us. I'd love it if we could get the best of both worlds. The WCO and that Giants D.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Can someone PM me a link to download it online or stream it?
Originally posted by GEEK:
Can someone PM me a link to download it online or stream it?

I'm looking for the JR one and will let you know if i find either.
Share 49ersWebzone