LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 149 users in the forums

Demarcus Dobbs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
Had a disappointing season.

what would be a good season for a 3rd string DE / 4th string TE?
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Had a disappointing season.

what would be a good season for a 3rd string DE / 4th string TE?

Standard NT response: Superbowl MVP, anything less and he is a complete bust of an UDFA
Believe he would have helped J Smith get some rest and he works well with A Smith. But do they need to draft a guy who might become a J Smith? Yes.
I liked Dobbs but with his injury he never really produced
Originally posted by lamontb:
I liked Dobbs but with his injury he never really produced

he had a season ending injury...can't really produce after that.
Get real! - WHEN exactly did he produce when he wasn't injured? He didn't.

He was barely average and I'm being kind.

We can get a mid-tier FA, for more $ BUT who can come in and be much more effective. Certainly not to the level of Cowboy [who can?] but who can still bring the heat. Slight digression - but Randy Starks could come in and play at aVERY high level - the question is and always will be $$.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Get real! - WHEN exactly did he produce when he wasn't injured? He didn't.

He was barely average and I'm being kind.

We can get a mid-tier FA, for more $ BUT who can come in and be much more effective. Certainly not to the level of Cowboy [who can?] but who can still bring the heat. Slight digression - but Randy Starks could come in and play at aVERY high level - the question is and always will be $$.

from practice sqaud to the 53 man roster then injured ...Harbaugh promoted him to the roster in 2012, had him playing three positions.

you must think LMJ, AJJ, Celek and others suck because they are not on the field.
I dont get the hate on Dobbs, an UDFA who when given his opportunities (mainly in preseason) absolutely wrecked house albeit against 3rd stringers. He did everything you could ask from a player who wasnt even drafted, including picking up another position as emergency depth. Hating on a guy who we didnt spend a draft pick on, gets paid a minimum salary, done everything and anything to help this team and has shown flashes of potential in preseason is just ruhtarded IMO.
Dobbs isn't a bad guy to have on the roster, but he should not be in the two-deep. We need higher quality rotational guys that can step in as credible starters in the event of an injury.

Dobbs, Tukuafu, and Williams are all former UDFAs that don't really qualify as credible starters.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Feb 20, 2013 at 10:04 AM ]
Originally posted by 5280High:
I dont get the hate on Dobbs, an UDFA who when given his opportunities (mainly in preseason) absolutely wrecked house albeit against 3rd stringers. He did everything you could ask from a player who wasnt even drafted, including picking up another position as emergency depth. Hating on a guy who we didnt spend a draft pick on, gets paid a minimum salary, done everything and anything to help this team and has shown flashes of potential in preseason is just ruhtarded IMO.

Agreed.

Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Dobbs isn't a bad guy to have on the roster, but he should not be in the two-deep. We need higher quality rotational guys that can step in as credible starters in the event of an injury.

Dobbs, Tukuafu, and Williams are all former UDFAs that don't really qualify as credible starters.

your path to the league does not matter. what you do when you get there does.
Originally posted by crabman82:
your path to the league does not matter. what you do when you get there does.

Yes, but it is far more likely for higher drafted players to develop into credible starters than it is for undrafted free agents. Just speaking in terms of probability.

And what they've done (or not done) in the league has not indicated that they could be credible starters for a Super Bowl caliber team.
[ Edited by JamesGatz83 on Feb 21, 2013 at 11:10 AM ]
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

this, we will only keep 2 of these 3 guys at the most, and Williams and Tufuafu have more value
He just needs to be given an opportunity.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:

thank you lol... not everybody is gonna be starter quality... talking about a 3rd stringers production is a waste of time lol
Share 49ersWebzone