LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 258 users in the forums

Demarcus Dobbs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Can we get more playing time for Dobbs on the left side, can he play there?

He's everywhere !

Dobbs is hilarious. They play him everywhere. Even the special teams coaches want him!

The only thing Dobbs has ever done is dominate the man in front of him. It's hilarious to watch a guy wearing #40 bull-rush an offensive tackle one minute, and then the next minute line up at TE. All from a semi-athletic looking UDFA. Dobbs is going to be a key piece of our team this year.

lol, he's going to look like AJ Jenkins before the season is over
ER

MA

GERD

DAMERCUS DERBS!
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
ER

MA

GERD

DAMERCUS DERBS!

Lol
Just heard Fangio talking about using Dobbs as an OLB in the Texans game, "In case we ever have to go down that road." So, let me tally that up: 3-4 DE, OLB (probably the SAM & WILL), TE & ST. Can he coach too? I guess its pretty safe to say Dobbs will be an active player on the 53-man roster!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
He looks silly wearing number 40
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
ER

MA

GERD

DAMERCUS DERBS!

Lol

Play Dobbs at his natural position! I think he showed something last camp and preseason. Why try this nonsense at TE?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by sacniner:
Play Dobbs at his natural position! I think he showed something last camp and preseason. Why try this nonsense at TE?

clearly Harbaugh is an idiot.
Originally posted by susweel:

judging by his track record, that is the only possible conclusion

Hell yeah he is. He got lucky that Alex is his QB. Last year was all Alex.

He looks silly wearing number 40

Its to mess with the other team, when he is on defense, they may think whoa a saftey blitz, or wow that is one big mother F'n huge saftey playing in the box.

Actually its so he doesn't have to report to the ref that he is receiver elligible and maybe catch the otherside napping on occassion.

I am more concerned with overplaying him, and losing him to injuries, he can provide rest at times for JS or RM.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Just heard Fangio talking about using Dobbs as an OLB in the Texans game, "In case we ever have to go down that road." So, let me tally that up: 3-4 DE, OLB (probably the SAM & WILL), TE & ST. Can he coach too? I guess its pretty safe to say Dobbs will be an active player on the 53-man roster!

I really like how they are using Dobbs. It is amazing how he is doing any & everything to make this squad!
I dont see what Dobbs really does well tho. im rooting for him but I dont get the hype.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CityKing415:
I dont see what Dobbs really does well tho. im rooting for him but I dont get the hype.

Rush the passer? He had 2.5 sacks last pre-season, and plenty pressures and QB hits so far this preseason. You dont make a team as stacked as our D as UDFA without having immense potential. He is one of our best ST players, realistically top 5, maybe top 3. He was a phenomenal TE in high school and could probably rediscover some of his old skill set if we trim him down to the 260s from the high 270s low 280s. He didn't look lost at OLB and generally plays "well" in every position we've tested him in.
Originally posted by CityKing415:

Its pretty amazing to be a three way player. No one else on the roster is being used in quite the same way.
Share 49ersWebzone