There are 252 users in the forums

Peyton coming?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
My inside sources are telling me that Morgan is going to test free agency and would like to play for an east coast team since he's from D.C.

srsly player?
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
So why is he even bother to work out at Niners facility these days.... DC street hookers are not NFL inside sources. Stop spending time with them

Hey! Every man to his own research!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
So why is he even bother to work out at Niners facility these days.... DC street hookers are not NFL inside sources. Stop spending time with them

Hey! Every man to his own research!

'inside sources' = STD
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
My inside sources are telling me that Morgan is going to test free agency and would like to play for an east coast team since he's from D.C.

srsly player?

Yeah I'm being serious I know a girl that's very good friends with him and she tells me everything.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I hope that Morgan resigns. It has a ripple effect on or WR corps; with Morgan being one of Crabtree's best friends, him being on the team will be a factor in some way regarding Crabs extending his career with us.

Morgan is a good player. I think he has the potential to be a 1000 yd receiver. But we still need that number 1 also
even if that is true about the best friends thing,, that means nothing, norris is gores best friend and he will soon be leaving on a jet plane out of here. best friends on a team are like your favorite player on a team. over rated. if morgan is here i am fine , if he is not i will not slash my wrists as i am sure the coaches have a plan and I am a willing rat ok with following our pied piper coach

I want him back, but if it is too much he wants, then let him walk, i wont lose any sleep worrying if we lose him, now Rogers, yep, we need him re-signed, we have no #1 CB if he leaves. I like Culliver and Brown, but Rogers solidifies the CB position, add in another CB via Draft, and we have a solid CB group, with Holcomb, Nelms and Brock looking at the 5th and maybe 6th CB spots.
This.
If Morgan thinks he is worth so much he can go out and test the market. Then I say lowball him to the max if he comes crawing back. So many WR, so little time for BS..
Morgan's greatest value is in his rapport with Smith. He and Vernon have high career stats (QBR) with Smith and that will help with chemistry next year. If they bring in another vet and Morgan slips to the third or fourth spot depth will be so much better. If he earns one of the top two spots at least he seems to be in sync with Smith. My main concern with WR right now is depth. It would be great if the 3rd and 4th guys were really competitive with the first two...less of a drop off when an injury occurs.

Don't you think it's about time Smith develops his game a little further, you know; like how to utilize all his receivers, you know scan the field that kind of normal NFL QB skill set.. NO MORE HAND HOLDING WITH THIS GUY!
  • dj43
At the beginning of last season, Morgan was the only receiver on the team that Smith and Harbaugh could trust. Losing him set the offense back a lot. Now to start over with another receiver will not be as good as if he is back. He should get a modest raise plus some incentives.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Morgan's greatest value is in his rapport with Smith. He and Vernon have high career stats (QBR) with Smith and that will help with chemistry next year. If they bring in another vet and Morgan slips to the third or fourth spot depth will be so much better. If he earns one of the top two spots at least he seems to be in sync with Smith. My main concern with WR right now is depth. It would be great if the 3rd and 4th guys were really competitive with the first two...less of a drop off when an injury occurs.

Don't you think it's about time Smith develops his game a little further, you know; like how to utilize all his receivers, you know scan the field that kind of normal NFL QB skill set.. NO MORE HAND HOLDING WITH THIS GUY!

So...take away a receiver that he is really in sync with to make him better? Hmm! Wonder if Harbaugh has thought of this? Maybe make him play with only two offensive linemen? Hey! He could be forced to throw left handed!

Don't grasp your logic!
I think he comes back. I find it doubtful he's starting for any team besides us. He's got great chemistry with Alex and business it's just a smart decision to stay with us as long as the contracts are pretty close.

While I do think there's going to be interest for him elsewhere he's not going to break the bank.
Originally posted by dj43:
At the beginning of last season, Morgan was the only receiver on the team that Smith and Harbaugh could trust. Losing him set the offense back a lot. Now to start over with another receiver will not be as good as if he is back. He should get a modest raise plus some incentives.

All good with the modest raise and fair incentives.. Ball is on Morgan's court now..

So...take away a receiver that he is really in sync with to make him better? Hmm! Wonder if Harbaugh has thought of this? Maybe make him play with only two offensive linemen? Hey! He could be forced to throw left handed!

Don't grasp your logic!

You are serious about this? You don't get the fact Smith still stares down receivers (#1 read) and only uses one side of the field... oh never mind what's the use, plus this aint no smith thread..Can't believe you don't get it/// maybe with an entire off season he gets better..

Don't grasp your logic!

You are serious about this? You don't get the fact Smith still stares down receivers (#1 read) and only uses one side of the field... oh never mind what's the use, plus this aint no smith thread..Can't believe you don't get it/// maybe with an entire off season he gets better..

You have no idea what you are talking about. Case in point, how did Brady do with Chad this year? Nada. They had zero chemistry. Chemistry is very very important between a QB and his WR. Alex does not stare guys down. I am tired of people making that claim.
I think Morgan will resign, but the Niners aren't going to overpay the guy. We really could have used him this year. He's got unfinished business with the 9ers.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

srsly player?

Yeah I'm being serious I know a girl that's very good friends with him and she tells me everything.

That f**kin sucks dude I thought he wanted to come back here. Oh well we can get a player that might be better opposite him if he wants to jet. It sucks because he and Alex are cool and have good chemistry, but oh well.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I think he comes back. I find it doubtful he's starting for any team besides us. He's got great chemistry with Alex and business it's just a smart decision to stay with us as long as the contracts are pretty close.

While I do think there's going to be interest for him elsewhere he's not going to break the bank.

Exactly. What other team will he have a better chance of starting? Maybe Rams? Why not sign a 1 or 2 year deal and try to get another, bigger one?
[ Edited by forty9ers49 on Feb 29, 2012 at 11:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone