Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 585 users in the forums

??? Did we reach??

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Not at all.

Most people called him a reach because he went over Prince and Quinn. He without a doubt would have went before Prince and most likely went before Quinn had we not tooken him at 7.

Just because he wasn't on our fanbase's radar doesn't mean he's a reach.

This.

It's already been said somewhere that he he wasn't going past 11. I think I heard that NE was pretty high on him too...that's enough for me to say he wasn't a reach...now it's just a question of how he turns out.

Exactly. Dude hasn't played a down in the NFL.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Shaj:
this was a huge reach, don't kid yourselves. With all the tons of first round mocks I've been looking at, I've never even heard of this guy. We should have traded back.

Your basing that he is a reach on mock drafts??

I think he is saying since he has never heard of the guy he
Is a reach even though his
Name was in all the mock drafts.

He was always far down the list if he was on all the mock drafts. And to answer jcool, yeah, I don't watch college football, so I rely on what I read.

He was the 13th player on ESPNs top 100 big board.
Todd McShay had him going number 5 to the Cardinals in his last mock draft
Mel Kiper had him going No. 11 to the Texans

just saying.

and this

mattbarrows

RT @evansilva: #Texans DC Wade Phillips also conceded HOU was eying Missouri DE/OLB Aldon Smith at 11, but he obviously went No. 7 to #49ers
They didn't 'reach'. Just got the guy at a higher position than projected cause there wasn't any trade partner between 10-13th.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Folks need to do their OWN research instead of basing on other people's opinions. Watch the game tape on his freshman game against Colorado and tell me he didn't jump out at you.

The guy will thrive in Vic Fangio's defense as a pass rushing OLB.

I believe he did that against Solder (sp) who was a 1st round pick this year.
lets take a little ride down memory lane
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
lets take a little ride down memory lane

let's not.
Originally posted by 94605NiNer:
lets take a little ride down memory lane

good job, now no one likes you
oh my bad didnt mean to ruffle feathers

I was looking at some of the comments and couldnt help but notice how many GM's there are on the ZONE
I like you again
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Only if you consider that he wouldn't have made it past 11 at the latest. He received a lot of attention from other 3-4 teams and Houston had the hots for him apparently, as did New England. As long as he fills a role on this team and plugs up the BIGGEST hole(let's be real, Alex Smith can still play better than quite a few QB's in this league but our outside linebackers are absolutely pathetic), he'll be extremely valuable.


I'm psyched, dude looks like the lovechild of Demarcus Ware and Charles Haley.


WHAT? WHO WANTS SOME????
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone