LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 426 users in the forums

Round 4, #118, the San Francisco 49ers selects Kendall Hunter (RB) Oklahoma St.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wathcing last nights interview with Jim Harbaugh after the game. He said Hunter has played well enough to be the number two.

Not sure if this was posted.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
dude looks better every time we see him. he's like a smaller, quicker frank gore with a higher top speed. Even though hes small, he packs a punch.

Small backs are in!
This might be the year Gore starts sharing carries...

maybe.

Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

maybe.

we can always put both in at the same time. Both are good enough at receiving that you can always split one out wide.
Originally posted by GoNiners:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

maybe.

we can always put both in at the same time. Both are good enough at receiving that you can always split one out wide.

Wouldn't mind seeing that happen.
At least give it a try and split one out wide and try to pull a linebacker off the line.

I can't wait for the season to start.
Ohhhh Baalke you done hit the nail on the head with this one!!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This kids looks ready for prime time.
This kid is a beast.
I want to like him but every single time I get excited about one of our running backs from their performance in the pre season they all turn out to be scrubs lol. Clayton, Dixon, and Coffee have ruined me.
Originally posted by bigmike55:
This kid is a beast.

Indeed.

Originally posted by Ajanke:
I want to like him but every single time I get excited about one of our running backs from their performance in the pre season they all turn out to be scrubs lol. Clayton, Dixon, and Coffee have ruined me.

But their running style were far different. They lead preseason because all the niners did was run, run, run.. Hunter is breaking tackles, showing ridiculous balance (that spin going full speed on the kick return), is a one cut get upfield with the speed to get through the hole, and best of all he's just a lil guy. Hes probably gonna put on another 5-10 pounds of muscle, and only get better vision. Small backs with power ala MJD & Ray Rice (Ingram back at alabama) are nightmares for defenses because LB's and safeties cant always see them behind 6'5 300 pnd lineman. This will be like the early days in jaxonville when Fred Taylor was still the main back but MJD would come in and provide fresh legs and a different style.
maybe the biggest steal in the draft lasting till the 4th rd.
I said it when we got him in the 4th rd, he'd be the steal of the draft. So far, he's just that. I saw him play a number of games at Okla St and he was always a baller. Gore can teach him the finer points of blitz pick-up, then he'll be a very complete RB.
Lil Beast
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I said it when we got him in the 4th rd, he'd be the steal of the draft. So far, he's just that. I saw him play a number of games at Okla St and he was always a baller. Gore can teach him the finer points of blitz pick-up, then he'll be a very complete RB.

what do you think his role will be with us? he looks like he might even be our best kr man too. fast, shifty, hard to tackle. im thinking he will be our change of pace back and starting kr. meanwhile it appears that dixon will be the short yardage guy. but its hard to say for sure because we still dont know if jh is going to pull gore in favor of dixon. so im not exactly sure where he fits in. at this point id guess dixon is the better pass protector and is more suited to pick up the blitz, so that may limit hunters playing time a bit at first. what do you think?
[ Edited by OptimusPrime52 on Sep 2, 2011 at 2:00 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone