LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 336 users in the forums

Round 2, #36, the San Francisco 49ers selects Colin Kaepernick (QB) Nevada

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers made a solid pick, anyone know what they gave up to move ahead by 10 spots?

They swapped 2nd round picks and they gave up a 4th and 5th rounders.

I'm surprised they gave up so much to get this guy. Seems desperate. Scouting reports say he is very raw and a development project. Now, maybe in the hands of Harbaugh that will pay big dividends a couple years down the line, but that seems like an awfully steep price. All we needed, IMO, is an accurate passer who can distribute the ball. This guy is one of those runner/passer hybrids.

Not watching because I'm at "work". Jason LaConfora said we swapped 2s, and gave up our 3rd and 5th. To me, that is a lot. Liking less. Don't want to judge the kid, I just think the GM gave too much for a development project. The whole damn league went QB nutty in this draft and none of them are that great.

We gave up a 4th not a 3rd
Harbaugh may like Alex, but that don't mean he likes him as a starter.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers made a solid pick, anyone know what they gave up to move ahead by 10 spots?

They swapped 2nd round picks and they gave up a 4th and 5th rounders.

I'm surprised they gave up so much to get this guy. Seems desperate. Scouting reports say he is very raw and a development project. Now, maybe in the hands of Harbaugh that will pay big dividends a couple years down the line, but that seems like an awfully steep price. All we needed, IMO, is an accurate passer who can distribute the ball. This guy is one of those runner/passer hybrids.

Not watching because I'm at "work". Jason LaConfora said we swapped 2s, and gave up our 3rd and 5th. To me, that is a lot. Liking less. Don't want to judge the kid, I just think the GM gave too much for a development project. The whole damn league went QB nutty in this draft and none of them are that great.

It was a 4th and a 5th, not a 3rd.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Can anyone confirm what we gave up? I've heard a third and fifth or a fourth and fifth.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:

look at his highligts no way kaep is ready to start this year
Originally posted by Lifer:
Sounds like the guy they really wanted was Dalton.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f94e09/article/persistence-pays-off-niners-trade-up-to-land-qb-kaepernick-

"Had they been able to get ahead of Cincinnati, Dalton very well could have been the pick. They were unable to do so, and, according to league sources, at that point felt like they had to leapfrog Washington to be certain they could get Kaepernick."

Harbaugh was in a love triangle with the both of these guys from what I understand. -Either pick would have been perfect for his system.
Originally posted by Otter:
Can anyone confirm what we gave up? I've heard a third and fifth or a fourth and fifth.

Fourth and fifth pick. Go to ESPN's draft tracker, 49ers still have their 3rd, but one of the 4th's and the 5th is gone.
Are we talking nicknames yet? I like 'K-Gun' for this kid!!
Originally posted by Lifer:
Sounds like the guy they really wanted was Dalton.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f94e09/article/persistence-pays-off-niners-trade-up-to-land-qb-kaepernick-

"Had they been able to get ahead of Cincinnati, Dalton very well could have been the pick. They were unable to do so, and, according to league sources, at that point felt like they had to leapfrog Washington to be certain they could get Kaepernick."

I wasn't watching it, but people who did say the war room was in full celebration when the Bengals took Dalton.

LaConfora said swap 2 and a 3 and 5. Kamakawi said swap 2 and a 4 and 5. Third rounder should have a reasonable shot at being a starter.
Originally posted by balckyball:

Crapernick?

LaConfora said swap 2 and a 3 and 5. Kamakawi said swap 2 and a 4 and 5. Third rounder should have a reasonable shot at being a starter.

LaConfora is wrong like usual
Originally posted by balckyball:

Stop posting.

Please.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
STANZI IN THE 3RD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaps is 10 fold better than Stanzi in everyway... Thank God we got Kaps his upside is massive and his intangibles are uncanny. Great pick, if we would have drafted Stanzi I would've fell into depression
Share 49ersWebzone