LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 188 users in the forums

Round 2, #36, the San Francisco 49ers selects Colin Kaepernick (QB) Nevada

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Lifer:
Sounds like the guy they really wanted was Dalton.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f94e09/article/persistence-pays-off-niners-trade-up-to-land-qb-kaepernick-

"Had they been able to get ahead of Cincinnati, Dalton very well could have been the pick. They were unable to do so, and, according to league sources, at that point felt like they had to leapfrog Washington to be certain they could get Kaepernick."

*cough* bulls**t *cough*

Learn to read between the lines. "Dalton very well could have been the pick."

Not Dalton WOULD have been the pick. but could have, which you can say for ANY player. That's when a guy starts to ad-lib and La Canfora is notorious for that, why anyone still takes him seriously after the whole Harbaugh hiring debacle is beyond me.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Otter:
Can anyone confirm what we gave up? I've heard a third and fifth or a fourth and fifth.

Quote:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

49ers gave Denver Picks No. 45, 108, 141 to move up to get Colin Kaepernick

Quote:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

@CruzMissile8 What remaining picks do 49ers have? > Eight picks left: 3rd (76), 4th (115), 6th (174, 190), and 7th (211, 231, 239, 250).
Comeback captain!!!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=87026
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f94e09/article/persistence-pays-off-niners-trade-up-to-land-qb-kaepernick-

"Had they been able to get ahead of Cincinnati, Dalton very well could have been the pick. They were unable to do so, and, according to league sources, at that point felt like they had to leapfrog Washington to be certain they could get Kaepernick."

I wasn't watching it, but people who did say the war room was in full celebration when the Bengals took Dalton.

Dalton was a smokescreen all the way. If you watched Harbaugh play as a QB, you'd understand how strongly he values arm strength. I think the 49ers were expecting Cincy to go QB and hoping they wouldn't pick Kaepernick.

I wasn't watching it, but people who did say the war room was in full celebration when the Bengals took Dalton.

really?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
Kaepernick10 Colin Kaepernick

So happy right now smiling ear to ear! Excited to be a 49er!!!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Otter:
Can anyone confirm what we gave up? I've heard a third and fifth or a fourth and fifth.

Quote:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

49ers gave Denver Picks No. 45, 108, 141 to move up to get Colin Kaepernick

Quote:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

@CruzMissile8 What remaining picks do 49ers have? > Eight picks left: 3rd (76), 4th (115), 6th (174, 190), and 7th (211, 231, 239, 250).

Thanks. MM is a source to trust.
if players improved physically and mentally after being drafted maybe kaepernick would be a good pick

but we all know what he looked like and how he played in college will be 100% the same forever in the NFL

bad pick niners, should of drafted Joe Montana
Originally posted by balckyball:
Are we talking nicknames yet? I like 'K-Gun' for this kid!!

[some lame joke]

It's gonna be Kappy... It's the first part of his last name and you can chat it at games easily... KAP-PY! KAP-PY! KAP-PY!
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Harbaugh may like Alex, but that don't mean he likes him as a starter.

look at his highligts no way kaep is ready to start this year

Your looking at his highlights BEFORE Harbaugh. And I never said Kap would start this year. I'm just saying Alex is not our perm starter.

"Kaepernick10: So happy right now smiling ear to ear! Excited to be a 49er!!!"
--http://twitter.com/Kaepernick10/status/64118759354400768
82 TDs and 24 Ints for his career. Chew on that!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
Matt Barrows

Kaepernick is on his way to Santa Clara. Expected to have a presser at 7:30 p.m. ...
Instead of "Touchdown" it'll be "Poppin' a KAP".
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Harbaugh may like Alex, but that don't mean he likes him as a starter.

look at his highligts no way kaep is ready to start this year

Your looking at his highlights BEFORE Harbaugh. And I never said Kap would start this year. I'm just saying Alex is not our perm starter.

oh i thought u meant this year

ya if alex doesnt lead us to the playoffs next year itself kaep will start in 2012 all im saying is that no way in hell is he ready to start this year he is run first qb and according to scouting reports his accuracy needs improvement
Share 49ersWebzone