There are 128 users in the forums

Sando Talks Niners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by baybreaker707:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
Originally posted by jcashen87:
Originally posted by Boomer49:
People on here are hilarious !!! Harbaugh has to evaluate Alex because that is his job and if he makes an attempt to keep him he obviously thinks he has what it takes to be a productive qb at least for the short term and if he doesn't than he probably doesn't feel he has enough be productive. But if Harbaugh did not evaluate him and just sent him packing just because and he went to another team and played for a more stable orginization who had an identity as a football team and was successful most of you would whine and cry about how we let him go !!!

I disagree with you guys who say we would regret it if he does good somewhere else, things will happen the way they are going to happen. I think MOST SF fans know its been the end of the road with alex for more than a season, if he does good somewhere else it will probably be VERY limited but he wont do well here. Too much baggage too much mental mess. I really think half of Alex being so bad was his mental approach, and i think he himself has worked his way into a corner he cant get out of here in the Bay area. Most people wont be mad if he does OK somewhere else, the 49ers for me and many others are my focus. And whoever is the QB, Coach, etc. will be everyones focus after he leaves.

Good post. I agree that this would be most/all people's sentiments.

Harbaugh will evaluate and make a decision. IMO it would be a poor idea to resign Alex even as a stop-gap measure. It would just carry over the "loser" mentality that has dogged the Niners these past six years. The organization does need to turn the page. But still, it's the coaches choice and he is PC in saying its a blank sheet. Let's not forget that Walsh even worked with the loser for a couple of years (Even if DeBerg was better than the current loser; Deberg went on the have moderate success elsewhere).

People who beat the "no coaching" drum conveniently forget that he had three excellent QB coaches in McCarthy, Turner and Martz. Yet he never assimilated anything, nor demonstrated the spark that characterizes franchise QBs. He will flatter to deceive on the practice field, in training camp, because he is intelligent and he can make the plays and look good in a staged environment. He'll fool you; he did the other guys. But bring in the element of unpredictability (game time) and his lack of football instincts become apparent.

In two three years all this will be distant memory.

We can only dream man. I have waited to see the light at the end of tunnel only to be disappointed time after time. I wouldn't get excited intill the roster set and Alex not on it. Only then will I be dancing for joy..

Let's put it this way.

Casual fan's disappointment is due to Alex
Knowledgeable fan's disappointment is due to the way the organization has been ran

Spot on
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by GORO:
Harbaugh is very analytical. It is better to have Alex Smith around while this CBA thing unfolds. Also if he cannot get Kolb, Orton or even Johnson then it would be good for a rookie Qb to sit behind a veteran for 1 year.

Would you rather have Carr as your starter of Alex?

Do you want a rookie learning from Alex? I know I don't!

youre f**king annoying

Understated post of the day!

And you two suck Alex jock strap..

You REALLY want another warning, don't you? Stop turning every thread into an Alex Smith thread. And stop insulting other posters.

That was posted yesterday and they started it by calling me a troll.

Wow, are you really in your 30's bro?

People on here are hilarious !!! Harbaugh has to evaluate Alex because that is his job and if he makes an attempt to keep him he obviously thinks he has what it takes to be a productive qb at least for the short term and if he doesn't than he probably doesn't feel he has enough be productive. But if Harbaugh did not evaluate him and just sent him packing just because and he went to another team and played for a more stable orginization who had an identity as a football team and was successful most of you would whine and cry about how we let him go !!!

I disagree with you guys who say we would regret it if he does good somewhere else, things will happen the way they are going to happen. I think MOST SF fans know its been the end of the road with alex for more than a season, if he does good somewhere else it will probably be VERY limited but he wont do well here. Too much baggage too much mental mess. I really think half of Alex being so bad was his mental approach, and i think he himself has worked his way into a corner he cant get out of here in the Bay area. Most people wont be mad if he does OK somewhere else, the 49ers for me and many others are my focus. And whoever is the QB, Coach, etc. will be everyones focus after he leaves.

Harbaugh will evaluate and make a decision. IMO it would be a poor idea to resign Alex even as a stop-gap measure. It would just carry over the "loser" mentality that has dogged the Niners these past six years. The organization does need to turn the page. But still, it's the coaches choice and he is PC in saying its a blank sheet. Let's not forget that Walsh even worked with the loser for a couple of years (Even if DeBerg was better than the current loser; Deberg went on the have moderate success elsewhere).

People who beat the "no coaching" drum conveniently forget that he had three excellent QB coaches in McCarthy, Turner and Martz. Yet he never assimilated anything, nor demonstrated the spark that characterizes franchise QBs. He will flatter to deceive on the practice field, in training camp, because he is intelligent and he can make the plays and look good in a staged environment. He'll fool you; he did the other guys. But bring in the element of unpredictability (game time) and his lack of football instincts become apparent.

We can only dream man. I have waited to see the light at the end of tunnel only to be disappointed time after time. I wouldn't get excited intill the roster set and Alex not on it. Only then will I be dancing for joy..

Let's put it this way.

Knowledgeable fan's disappointment is due to the way the organization has been ran

Casual fan? I've been a 49er fan for well over 20 years. I started watching football when I was ten years old and haven't stop since. My favorite players growing up was Steve Young and Jerry Rice. Now I'm a huge Patrick Willis fan. I supported this team through good times and the past terrible 8 years. So excuse me if I rather have a decent QB. Then a QB that has sucked for 6 years going on 7!

Tell me a little more about your favorite player Steve Young? Tell me about his rocky beginnings and the how the organization was ran in Tampa Bay and how he was put in a better situation when he came to your favorite team. Please tell me, I'm really interested in his story.
[ Edited by baybreaker707 on Jan 22, 2011 at 10:58 AM ]

Let's put it this way.

I not exactly sure about what it means to be "casual" or "knowledgeable" but you're spot on about the Niners biggest failing being in the way the organization has been run.

Let's put it this way.

I not exactly sure about what it means to be "casual" or "knowledgeable" but you're spot on about the Niners biggest failing being in the way the organization has been run.

Let's put it like this. This dude faker puts everything that has gone wrong with the 9ers on Alex. I found this after I posted what I said to faker above. It's about Steve Young and how Bill Walsh felt about him....

"Young signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 1985 after being the first player selected in the 1984 NFL Supplemental Draft of USFL and CFL Players. However, the Buccaneers posted 2–14 records in each of Young's two seasons with them, and Young's record as starter was 3–16. In his 19 games, he threw for only 11 touchdowns with 21 interceptions while completing fewer than 55% of his passes. Although his time in Tampa Bay was miserable, San Francisco 49ers coach Bill Walsh was impressed by Young's natural abilities and felt that his problems were due to the struggling Bucs organization."

LINKAGE
[ Edited by baybreaker707 on Jan 22, 2011 at 11:11 AM ]
There are several teams in this league that are in need of QBs, so there will be a market for Alex's services. He's aware that a significant portion of the fan base doesn't want him back. If he wasn't, the "We want Carr" chants and getting booed after one incomplete pass should have sent a clear message. I can't imagine him returning here.

I see both sides of the argument on Alex. The organization struggled to put him in a position to succeed, and he didn't take advantage of what opportunities were given to him. A fresh start is in the best interest of both parties.
The same day Jim harbaugh was named coach, i posted that we do not have one QB on the team that will be with us next yr . I still feel that way. Urban Meyer said it and we just didn't listen closely enough. Paraphrased, Meyer said, "If alex learns the system and understands it, is comfortable with it, he can play well" . End of story, and we need to move on. My money is on a Qb harbaugh takes in the 3rd thru 5th rd , who is smart, agile, has excelled in college, isn't necessarily big, may not be real fast, but is accurate. Also, many of us may never have seen him play. That is where my money is on our next qB. I truly believe if harbaugh has a guy who fits his scheme, he can make a non-headliner qB his starter, and a darn good one at that. The kid is going to have some talent, but he will not be well known.

We have a really good cast to put around a new QB, all virtually uncoached since being here, and i think our OL is going to be the brite spot on this team in 2011, with great coaching. Same goes for WR, RB, TE.
I think parting ways with Alex would be the best for all parties involved. That being said, if Harbaugh come to the conclusion that he's the best option available, I'm willing see if he can do something with the kid. I can't claim to be a better evaluator of talent, so I'm not going to try. I don't have blind hatred for him as some on here do, nor am I hanging off his jock like some others. Has he done what I hoped he would when he was drafted? No. But if you can get past your emotions, whatever side they may fall on, you have to admit, from the beginning he's been set up to fail. The thing is, by all accounts, he puts in the time and effort, he says the right things, he took a pay cut to stay here to try to turn things around, none of that worked, but at least he wanted to be here, to try to redeem himself. If he stays I'll support him, as I have in the past. If he leaves, I'll wish him well. It's JH's Call not ours.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Stop responding to fakers and maybe it'll go away???

Only people going away will be you and all the other Alex lovers.. I repeat what I said for 1,000 time. I will never ever support that clown as a 49er and if they did bring him back much like all the people in the stands. I will boo him loudly.

So you're only a 9er fan if Alex isn't a 9er? Is that what you're saying?

Stop responding to it.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

Let's put it this way.

Spot on

I think you need to think about it a little differently. Do you think fans that spend hours on Webzone don't know the organization has been run poorly? OF COURSE THEY KNOW. But any football town you go to, The QB is a focal point of success or failure, and rightfully so he does get all the offensive snaps. Like JH said he touches the ball every play. It takes two or more people to have these arguments and i think alex supporters know your going to get some die hard fan f**king mad if you support the one player that has been the focal point of his/her teams failure. He is not the reason for the failure but is part of the problem in the grand scheme. Everyone knows this, but sports writers, TV, And everyone else don't just talk about this QB position for nothing. ITS HUGE. They have dedicated a whole year to the QB on ESPN.
So all in all each arguing member stokes the fire just as much as the other, but dont think just because someone dislikes alex greatly that he doesnt know our team has made other piss poor decisions. Maybe some do, but most people on here are dedicated fans that know a few things.

Alex's first good QB coach was Mike Johnson. McCarthy, Turner, and Martz were never his QB coach and were not all that hands on with Alex. Not to mention Alex didn't look too bad as a 22 year old 2nd year NFL QB the one year Turner was here and was on IR the entire time Martz was here. You make a horrible argument.
JCashen -- can you agree that the coaching of Alex Smith is in direct relation to the talent of our coaching staff brought in by our management?

I think everyone can agree to this. Who the hell knows if he'll ever be good. Honestly, I don't care. But at the end of the day -- our past coaching staff is what created this black hole on our team.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Harbaugh is very analytical. It is better to have Alex Smith around while this CBA thing unfolds. Also if he cannot get Kolb, Orton or even Johnson then it would be good for a rookie Qb to sit behind a veteran for 1 year.

youre f**king annoying

You REALLY want another warning, don't you? Stop turning every thread into an Alex Smith thread. And stop insulting other posters.

Maybe if you're asking about it's IQ.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

youre f**king annoying

Maybe if you're asking about it's IQ.

In case you didn't notice, I told fakers to stop insulting others. The same rules apply to you two. Knock it off, please, or there will be warnings.
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:

Let's put it this way.

Spot on

I think you need to think about it a little differently. Do you think fans that spend hours on Webzone don't know the organization has been run poorly? OF COURSE THEY KNOW. But any football town you go to, The QB is a focal point of success or failure, and rightfully so he does get all the offensive snaps. Like JH said he touches the ball every play. It takes two or more people to have these arguments and i think alex supporters know your going to get some die hard fan f**king mad if you support the one player that has been the focal point of his/her teams failure. He is not the reason for the failure but is part of the problem in the grand scheme. Everyone knows this, but sports writers, TV, And everyone else don't just talk about this QB position for nothing. ITS HUGE. They have dedicated a whole year to the QB on ESPN.
So all in all each arguing member stokes the fire just as much as the other, but dont think just because someone dislikes alex greatly that he doesnt know our team has made other piss poor decisions. Maybe some do, but most people on here are dedicated fans that know a few things.

Do they really know? How can they know when you have people calling Alex a coach killer? Has Alex really been the focal point? We drafted two linemen to run smashmouth football, and fed the ball to Gore till his hip fell off.
Share 49ersWebzone