LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Sando Talks Niners

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Stop responding to fakers and maybe it'll go away???

Only people going away will be you and all the other Alex lovers.. I repeat what I said for 1,000 time. I will never ever support that clown as a 49er and if they did bring him back much like all the people in the stands. I will boo him loudly.
Originally posted by fakers23:

Only people going away will be you and all the other Alex lovers.. I repeat what I said for 1,000 time. I will never ever support that clown as a 49er and if they did bring him back much like all the people in the stands. I will boo him loudly.

So you're only a 9er fan if Alex isn't a 9er? Is that what you're saying?
Originally posted by Jakemall:

So you're only a 9er fan if Alex isn't a 9er? Is that what you're saying?

I didn't say that. I said I would never support him as a 49er period! I didn't say I wouldn't support the other players!

Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

I'm not mad I'm being honest. That guy has given me 6 years of headaches. Watching him lead my favorite team to losing seasons one after the other. He a cancer on my favorite team and intill he's gone. The team will never win in my opinion..

I'm not mad I'm being honest. That guy has given me 6 years of headaches. Watching him lead my favorite team to losing seasons one after the other. He a cancer on my favorite team and intill he's gone. The team will never win in my opinion..

He might be a part of the reason we have been losing, but to make it seem like he is the only reason is just stupid. I'm down with whatever Harbaugh wants to do.

So if Harbaugh decides he wants Alex around and starts him. This means you don't support the coach either. Go look at Alex's redzone stats, if you understand football you would know that has WCO written all over it. If Harbaugh sees this and points it out to the casual fans that boo, will that get them to understand a little better? I think it won't because those same casual fans were cheering when Alex threw TDs in their last game vs. Arizona.
Originally posted by baybreaker707:

So if Harbaugh decides he wants Alex around and starts him. This means you don't support the coach either. Go look at Alex's redzone stats, if you understand football you would know that has WCO written all over it. If Harbaugh sees this and points it out to the casual fans that boo, will that get them to understand a little better? I think it won't because those same casual fans were cheering when Alex threw TDs in their last game vs. Arizona.

Harbugh not going to change people view on Alex if he signs him or not. 6 years just don't go away because Harbaugh says so. Us fans have seen his play and know the real Alex. Which is losing football. Not even the great Harbaugh can turn mud into water... Harbaugh would be making the same mistake Singletary and Nolan made. Hinging his wagon to a bust! Also I repeat again. What other team gives a number 1 pick 7 years to suck? On any other team Alex would have been cut by now..
[ Edited by fakers23 on Jan 22, 2011 at 10:23 AM ]
Originally posted by jcashen87:
Originally posted by Boomer49:
People on here are hilarious !!! Harbaugh has to evaluate Alex because that is his job and if he makes an attempt to keep him he obviously thinks he has what it takes to be a productive qb at least for the short term and if he doesn't than he probably doesn't feel he has enough be productive. But if Harbaugh did not evaluate him and just sent him packing just because and he went to another team and played for a more stable orginization who had an identity as a football team and was successful most of you would whine and cry about how we let him go !!!

I disagree with you guys who say we would regret it if he does good somewhere else, things will happen the way they are going to happen. I think MOST SF fans know its been the end of the road with alex for more than a season, if he does good somewhere else it will probably be VERY limited but he wont do well here. Too much baggage too much mental mess. I really think half of Alex being so bad was his mental approach, and i think he himself has worked his way into a corner he cant get out of here in the Bay area. Most people wont be mad if he does OK somewhere else, the 49ers for me and many others are my focus. And whoever is the QB, Coach, etc. will be everyones focus after he leaves.

Good post. I agree that this would be most/all people's sentiments.

Harbaugh will evaluate and make a decision. IMO it would be a poor idea to resign Alex even as a stop-gap measure. It would just carry over the "loser" mentality that has dogged the Niners these past six years. The organization does need to turn the page. But still, it's the coaches choice and he is PC in saying its a blank sheet. Let's not forget that Walsh even worked with the loser for a couple of years (Even if DeBerg was better than the current loser; Deberg went on the have moderate success elsewhere).

People who beat the "no coaching" drum conveniently forget that he had three excellent QB coaches in McCarthy, Turner and Martz. Yet he never assimilated anything, nor demonstrated the spark that characterizes franchise QBs. He will flatter to deceive on the practice field, in training camp, because he is intelligent and he can make the plays and look good in a staged environment. He'll fool you; he did the other guys. But bring in the element of unpredictability (game time) and his lack of football instincts become apparent.

In two three years all this will be distant memory.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:
People on here are hilarious !!! Harbaugh has to evaluate Alex because that is his job and if he makes an attempt to keep him he obviously thinks he has what it takes to be a productive qb at least for the short term and if he doesn't than he probably doesn't feel he has enough be productive. But if Harbaugh did not evaluate him and just sent him packing just because and he went to another team and played for a more stable orginization who had an identity as a football team and was successful most of you would whine and cry about how we let him go !!!

I disagree with you guys who say we would regret it if he does good somewhere else, things will happen the way they are going to happen. I think MOST SF fans know its been the end of the road with alex for more than a season, if he does good somewhere else it will probably be VERY limited but he wont do well here. Too much baggage too much mental mess. I really think half of Alex being so bad was his mental approach, and i think he himself has worked his way into a corner he cant get out of here in the Bay area. Most people wont be mad if he does OK somewhere else, the 49ers for me and many others are my focus. And whoever is the QB, Coach, etc. will be everyones focus after he leaves.

Harbaugh will evaluate and make a decision. IMO it would be a poor idea to resign Alex even as a stop-gap measure. It would just carry over the "loser" mentality that has dogged the Niners these past six years. The organization does need to turn the page. But still, it's the coaches choice and he is PC in saying its a blank sheet. Let's not forget that Walsh even worked with the loser for a couple of years (Even if DeBerg was better than the current loser; Deberg went on the have moderate success elsewhere).

People who beat the "no coaching" drum conveniently forget that he had three excellent QB coaches in McCarthy, Turner and Martz. Yet he never assimilated anything, nor demonstrated the spark that characterizes franchise QBs. He will flatter to deceive on the practice field, in training camp, because he is intelligent and he can make the plays and look good in a staged environment. He'll fool you; he did the other guys. But bring in the element of unpredictability (game time) and his lack of football instincts become apparent.

We can only dream man. I have waited to see the light at the end of tunnel only to be disappointed time after time. I wouldn't get excited intill the roster set and Alex not on it. Only then will I be dancing for joy..

We can only dream man. I have waited to see the light at the end of tunnel only to be disappointed time after time. I wouldn't get excited intill the roster set and Alex not on it. Only then will I be dancing for joy..

Let's put it this way.

Casual fan's disappointment is due to Alex
Knowledgeable fan's disappointment is due to the way the organization has been ran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by GORO:
Harbaugh is very analytical. It is better to have Alex Smith around while this CBA thing unfolds. Also if he cannot get Kolb, Orton or even Johnson then it would be good for a rookie Qb to sit behind a veteran for 1 year.

Would you rather have Carr as your starter of Alex?

Do you want a rookie learning from Alex? I know I don't!

youre f**king annoying

Understated post of the day!

And you two suck Alex jock strap..

You REALLY want another warning, don't you? Stop turning every thread into an Alex Smith thread. And stop insulting other posters.
Originally posted by baybreaker707:

Let's put it this way.

Casual fan's disappointment is due to Alex
Knowledgeable fan's disappointment is due to the way the organization has been ran

Casual fan? I've been a 49er fan for well over 20 years. I started watching football when I was ten years old and haven't stop since. My favorite players growing up was Steve Young and Jerry Rice. Now I'm a huge Patrick Willis fan. I supported this team through good times and the past terrible 8 years. So excuse me if I rather have a decent QB. Then a QB that has sucked for 6 years going on 7!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Originally posted by GORO:
Harbaugh is very analytical. It is better to have Alex Smith around while this CBA thing unfolds. Also if he cannot get Kolb, Orton or even Johnson then it would be good for a rookie Qb to sit behind a veteran for 1 year.

Would you rather have Carr as your starter of Alex?

Do you want a rookie learning from Alex? I know I don't!

youre f**king annoying

Understated post of the day!

And you two suck Alex jock strap..

You REALLY want another warning, don't you? Stop turning every thread into an Alex Smith thread. And stop insulting other posters.

That was posted yesterday and they started it by calling me a troll.

Go feed some birds!
Share 49ersWebzone