49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 560 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
damn all my future in-laws are from SD and they were saying last night on the phone, sorry about Thursday in advance. I said I'm expecting the score to be 33-16 chargers, and they said hell no more like 34-7 chargers

my future in-laws are Rams fans. They keep running their mouth.


Invite them over for the holiday, sleep them some ambien then smother them with 49ers pillows in their sleep.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,092
Well tomorrow I'm gonna lay down my bet of $500. Its pretty much a win win situation for me. If I lose, at least I know Sing will be off the team. If I win, well...cha ching.

My freaking luck, the 9ers lose and Jed decides to keep Sing around for another year.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well tomorrow I'm gonna lay down my bet of $500. Its pretty much a win win situation for me. If I lose, at least I know Sing will be off the team. If I win, well...cha ching.

My freaking luck, the 9ers lose and Jed decides to keep Sing around for another year.

How about you just give me the $500.
All I know is someone on here said they'd tattoo "Alex Smith" on their left testicle if he wins out and makes the playoffs.

Frankly...I just want to see that person held to that.

Oh and I have the post saved.


Go Niners.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
All I know is someone on here said they'd tattoo "Alex Smith" on their left testicle if he wins out and makes the playoffs.

Frankly...I just want to see that person held to that.

Oh and I have the post saved.


Go Niners.

who was it?
Ginn will get us in field goal range once or twice and run one in for six.

Our run game will get going as long as we get decent pass-protection, but those passes better get caught.

If our defense doesn't get in Rivers' face for most of the day, he'll eventually burn us!

I hope their STs suck again and the offense turns the ball over by the goal line more than once. We'll need all the help we can get... it's too bad we didn't have the "Mighty Thor" on our team.
Not as confident about this game as I was last week and for obvious reasons. One thing I am though, is eager. I am very eager to see how are offense will fare against a very talented San Diego defense. They have struggled vs the run this year and have completely shut down the pass.

They blew out KC and shut their offense down but was going against Brodie Croyle who is 0-10 as a starter. I really think they completely geared up for the run and dared KC to attempt to beat them on the outside. I think we have shown more of a balance under MJ that will be the key to this game. I think they will try to take away the short pass so we have to find a way to open them up in the 15-25 yard range. If we are able to do that, the running lanes will begin to open up as the linebackers and safeties will take some steps back to expand "the box".

I have mixed emotions about our defense but believe when they are playing with confidence, they are very dominate. When they are playing cocky (Seattle game week 1, KC game after they basically shut down the Saints, PHI game after going toe to toe with ATL, CAR game after dominating OAK) they are open for some big plays. Let's hope they just stay "confident" after dominating Seattle and do not get "cocky". If we play confident and not cocky, I think we will win this game so my predication is based off those two defensive efforts.

Confident defense: 49ers 20 SD 16

Cocky defense: 49ers 17 SD 34


Go Niners!
[ Edited by Sims84 on Dec 15, 2010 at 9:27 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
Go, Niners, go!
Quote:
Gates expected to miss Chargers' game Thursday vs. 49ers
I don't the the defense can stop Rivers. The offense needs to pretend like they are down 2 tds from the very beginning. Also, someone needs to ruffy sing so that he misses the game.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,092
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Well tomorrow I'm gonna lay down my bet of $500. Its pretty much a win win situation for me. If I lose, at least I know Sing will be off the team. If I win, well...cha ching.

My freaking luck, the 9ers lose and Jed decides to keep Sing around for another year.

How about you just give me the $500.

Sure, if you kick Phillip Rivers in the nuts on national TV.
49ers-49
San D-26
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
All I know is someone on here said they'd tattoo "Alex Smith" on their left testicle if he wins out and makes the playoffs.

Frankly...I just want to see that person held to that.

Oh and I have the post saved.


Go Niners.

who was it?

same, I want to know who it was.

-9fA
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:
49ers-49
San D-26

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
All I know is someone on here said they'd tattoo "Alex Smith" on their left testicle if he wins out and makes the playoffs.

Frankly...I just want to see that person held to that.

Oh and I have the post saved.


Go Niners.

who was it?

same, I want to know who it was.

-9fA
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone