49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 478 users in the forums

Out of the current coaches on staff...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,121
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
As much as I like Rathman, I don't care if an incoming coach fires ALL of them! Not one of these coaches is irreplaceable! It might help to completely clean house rather than keep any of the losing tradition these coaches have established.

But Rathman has been part of the successful years as well, coaching under Mooch.

I'm with you on this all the way.

Rathman is a good coach, anyway.

Him and Tomsula are the only ones I'd like to keep.

I won't be upset or surprised if everyone is gone, though. It is what it is. That's the NFL.

You guys are right, but I can't remember the last time a new HC replaced every assistant coach.

So if Gruden said "I'll take the job but I gotta bring in my own running backs coach" you would say thanks but no thanks, Rathman is a deal breaker? Don't think so!

GolittaCamper, I think your getting ahead of yourself. If the new HC wanted to bring in his own RB coach fine with me, who am I to say who he can bring in and cannot. I'm just saying I myself would keep Rathman on the staff or at least hope the new HC does.
If Gruden, or a WCO-oriented guy comes in, I think it would be a high possibility Rathman would be retained due to his experience with the offense.

I don't know about Tomsula, because the Niners haven't put much pressure on the quarterback, or lack the discipline to contain scrambling quarterbacks.

Sullivan seems to develop possession guys, and rarely any deep threats in his time with the Niners, thus far.
Keep Rathman, Hoerner, Solari, Special teams coach, Tomsula and thats it!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
As much as I like Rathman, I don't care if an incoming coach fires ALL of them! Not one of these coaches is irreplaceable! It might help to completely clean house rather than keep any of the losing tradition these coaches have established.

But Rathman has been part of the successful years as well, coaching under Mooch.

I'm with you on this all the way.

Rathman is a good coach, anyway.

Him and Tomsula are the only ones I'd like to keep.

I won't be upset or surprised if everyone is gone, though. It is what it is. That's the NFL.

You guys are right, but I can't remember the last time a new HC replaced every assistant coach.

So if Gruden said "I'll take the job but I gotta bring in my own running backs coach" you would say thanks but no thanks, Rathman is a deal breaker? Don't think so!

GolittaCamper, I think your getting ahead of yourself. If the new HC wanted to bring in his own RB coach fine with me, who am I to say who he can bring in and cannot. I'm just saying I myself would keep Rathman on the staff or at least hope the new HC does.

My feeling is when you are as bad as we are, who among the coaches can't be replaced? To me none of these guys are so great, so up and coming that we would be foolish to let them go. So I would not lose a minute of sleep over any of these coaches.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,121
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
As much as I like Rathman, I don't care if an incoming coach fires ALL of them! Not one of these coaches is irreplaceable! It might help to completely clean house rather than keep any of the losing tradition these coaches have established.

But Rathman has been part of the successful years as well, coaching under Mooch.

I'm with you on this all the way.

Rathman is a good coach, anyway.

Him and Tomsula are the only ones I'd like to keep.

I won't be upset or surprised if everyone is gone, though. It is what it is. That's the NFL.

You guys are right, but I can't remember the last time a new HC replaced every assistant coach.

So if Gruden said "I'll take the job but I gotta bring in my own running backs coach" you would say thanks but no thanks, Rathman is a deal breaker? Don't think so!

GolittaCamper, I think your getting ahead of yourself. If the new HC wanted to bring in his own RB coach fine with me, who am I to say who he can bring in and cannot. I'm just saying I myself would keep Rathman on the staff or at least hope the new HC does.

My feeling is when you are as bad as we are, who among the coaches can't be replaced? To me none of these guys are so great, so up and coming that we would be foolish to let them go. So I would not lose a minute of sleep over any of these coaches.

Say your the new HC coming in, and you're trying to identify some of the main problems why we ended up with a losing record. Would you say our running game was part of the reason?? I don't know about you, but I'd have to say no.
I don't know if any should be retained. This staff sucks from what I see. Every part of this team is over matched each and every week they go out!!!!
Rathman
Hoerner
Tomsula

everyone else can GTFO. Could someone tell me what Ray Brown has done that makes so many of you guys want to keep him?
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
As much as I like Rathman, I don't care if an incoming coach fires ALL of them! Not one of these coaches is irreplaceable! It might help to completely clean house rather than keep any of the losing tradition these coaches have established.

But Rathman has been part of the successful years as well, coaching under Mooch.

I'm with you on this all the way.

Rathman is a good coach, anyway.

Him and Tomsula are the only ones I'd like to keep.

I won't be upset or surprised if everyone is gone, though. It is what it is. That's the NFL.

You guys are right, but I can't remember the last time a new HC replaced every assistant coach.

So if Gruden said "I'll take the job but I gotta bring in my own running backs coach" you would say thanks but no thanks, Rathman is a deal breaker? Don't think so!

GolittaCamper, I think your getting ahead of yourself. If the new HC wanted to bring in his own RB coach fine with me, who am I to say who he can bring in and cannot. I'm just saying I myself would keep Rathman on the staff or at least hope the new HC does.

My feeling is when you are as bad as we are, who among the coaches can't be replaced? To me none of these guys are so great, so up and coming that we would be foolish to let them go. So I would not lose a minute of sleep over any of these coaches.

Say your the new HC coming in, and you're trying to identify some of the main problems why we ended up with a losing record. Would you say our running game was part of the reason?? I don't know about you, but I'd have to say no.

Our run game is awful! boring and predictable, our backs slip when they cut back, the play design is weak... I could go on, really there is NOTHING and no coach or player on this team that is top ten must keep NFL personnel, nobody.

You could replace anyone on this team!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
As much as I like Rathman, I don't care if an incoming coach fires ALL of them! Not one of these coaches is irreplaceable! It might help to completely clean house rather than keep any of the losing tradition these coaches have established.

But Rathman has been part of the successful years as well, coaching under Mooch.

I'm with you on this all the way.

Rathman is a good coach, anyway.

Him and Tomsula are the only ones I'd like to keep.

I won't be upset or surprised if everyone is gone, though. It is what it is. That's the NFL.

You guys are right, but I can't remember the last time a new HC replaced every assistant coach.

So if Gruden said "I'll take the job but I gotta bring in my own running backs coach" you would say thanks but no thanks, Rathman is a deal breaker? Don't think so!

GolittaCamper, I think your getting ahead of yourself. If the new HC wanted to bring in his own RB coach fine with me, who am I to say who he can bring in and cannot. I'm just saying I myself would keep Rathman on the staff or at least hope the new HC does.

My feeling is when you are as bad as we are, who among the coaches can't be replaced? To me none of these guys are so great, so up and coming that we would be foolish to let them go. So I would not lose a minute of sleep over any of these coaches.

Say your the new HC coming in, and you're trying to identify some of the main problems why we ended up with a losing record. Would you say our running game was part of the reason?? I don't know about you, but I'd have to say no.

Our run game is awful! boring and predictable, our backs slip when they cut back, the play design is weak... I could go on, really there is NOTHING and no coach or player on this team that is top ten must keep NFL personnel, nobody.

You could replace anyone on this team!

How is this Rathman's fault here?
i kinda stumped right now.. i just know the chemistry is off for success. who goes and who comes in place? i need a glimpse of what may happen to stay afloat and faithful?. thanks y'all.
Clean House. All coaches. The one exception is if we get a WCO HC. Then we keep Rathman.
I think Rathman has to stay regardless, IMO if we get rid of Singletary a lot of these assistants may have a chance to look better. Except for Sullivan, that overrated douche needs to go NOW.
Bottom line, got to start with a head of football operations, ala holmgren, then GM and coach.
get rid of dashon goldson
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone