LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Post Game Analysis (vs. St. Louis Rams)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
we need Anthony Davis to get his head out of his ass.

this! We need more seasoned OL and a freaking pass rush
we need a pure pass rusher in next year's draft

this will piss some zoners off but we need next year's dez bryant as well
All I have to say is f**k you Alex Smith! The sooner you pack your s**t and leave the better.

Troy Smith is a God, for this week anyway
woop,woop
Originally posted by nevadalove9ers2:
All I have to say is f**k you Alex Smith! The sooner you pack your s**t and leave the better.

Troy Smith is a God, for this week anyway

why do you even have to add the 'f**k you alex smith'

troy smith played great and we should enjoy the win, but why do you still have to include the hate on alex smith who had nothing to do with todays win
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Originally posted by xiaohei:
NFL,MLB,NHL,NBA
$18.99 Discount Sports jerseys
High quality
Since last year 5,000 people have purchased on our site
get more sports product!
Please visit:
www.bbeststore.com

Agreed, so many questions about $18.99 discount sports jerseys

Must be only jerseys for #11
Good win, but the mental miscues are going to bury us vs. Bucs / Packers / Chargers coming up.

But we were able to overcome multiple crippling penalties. And Troy Smith is officially QB1
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Good win, but the mental miscues are going to bury us vs. Bucs / Packers / Chargers coming up.

But we were able to overcome multiple crippling penalties. And Troy Smith is officially QB1

Agree
It's looks like Troy is the playmaker we needed.

The problems is Troy will have to overcome a 3-6 record with only 7 games left on the schedule, something like 10 penalties and 2 called-back scores per game and Coach Singletary on the sideline.

Do you think Troy make up for all that?
Troy Smith in one game threw more 20+ yard completions than I've seen in years. Mike Johnson is doing a great job, he is a step ahead. Now get a coach who pays attention to detail and has a proven track record and we're back in business.

I saw some good and bad--what a game--Go Niners !

the good:
Troy Smith can play---he has a lot of heart and is very good at the deeper throws.
strong arm---accuracy better than A Smith.

the playmakers made plays on offense--this offense can be good.

the offensive play calling was much better--other than about 3 times we did the run up the middle on both first and second down and then punted. That wasn't good.

Gore on outside runs or misdirections--good--Gore on inside runs--bad.

we won !

the bad:

the penalties----especially the o line--A Davis was killing us out there.
3 TD's called back. never seen that before.

the play clock always getting down to :04 and :03 as they get to the line--Troy is just in his second game so that should improve.

Ted Ginn---mr fair catch on punts--sometimes you need a spark there.

the timeouts wasted. It could have cost us--luckily it didn't.

the offsides penalties on defense----like that TV ad---Really?

The inability to force turnovers on defense

The rest of this season:

It will depend on how the O line shapes up --I can't say--it doesn't look real good--but who knows.
The line needs to play better. They need to cut it out with the stupid penalties. Anthony Davis is breaking my balls. And it was great to see some pitches instead of runs right up the gut 100% of the time.

I'm really not impressed with the defense or Manusky, but I'm glad they didn't completely blow it this time. It was nice to see Willis playing like his old self.

I think the receivers really like Troy. After the game Vernon said it was a great performance, I think his words might have been "troy that's the best I've ever seen" or something like that. Anyone else see it on csn? It was a quick clip
Originally posted by teeohh:
The line needs to play better. They need to cut it out with the stupid penalties. Anthony Davis is breaking my balls. And it was great to see some pitches instead of runs right up the gut 100% of the time.

I'm really not impressed with the defense or Manusky, but I'm glad they didn't completely blow it this time. It was nice to see Willis playing like his old self.

I think the receivers really like Troy. After the game Vernon said it was a great performance, I think his words might have been "troy that's the best I've ever seen" or something like that. Anyone else see it on csn? It was a quick clip

I saw it, and he did say it was the best he's ever seen. Hmm....
0-11 on third downs worries me
  • BobS
  • Veteran
In spite of all the high draft picks the O-line is terrible. We need a pass rush. The team had way too many penalties, which is on the coaching staff, lack of discipline. Troy Smith is a cool customer and can succeed in spite of the ineptness around him.
Please, fire Dingletary now, funny how we have a defensive minded HC and our defense is lacking. I think the idiot knows how to coach linebackers and that is it.
Share 49ersWebzone