LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 155 users in the forums

If we still had Shaun Hill, we'd have won this game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
both are injured...who gives a s**t
  • BobS
  • Veteran
What's your point? Ok, a win makes us 2-5, instead of 1-6, now what?
If we had alex smith for the whole game we would have won this game...whats your point?
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Smith would have won this game.

Hill might have, but either way I'd rather have smith. I hope we resign him before the season is over.

Originally posted by ZRF80:
He didnt want competition for Smith. He said it himself. This was Smith's make it or break it year. Too bad Smith shattered the entire system, along with Sing.

Time to move on.......from both of them.

the system? huh?
Totally agree.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
yeah, noodles would be killing right now

"noodles" is a better QB than "wonderlic-man", so I'm not sure where you're going with that.

that's why he can't benched in Houston for Smith? I guess everyone has their own opinions, but I just like QBs that are capable of at least attempting all the NFL throws. Hill's arm was too weak. But, he is a good stopgap backup. They shouldn't have traded him.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We would have probably won if Alex didn't get hurt.

who f**king cares

"noodles" is a better QB than "wonderlic-man", so I'm not sure where you're going with that.

Thats my nickname for hill

I like Hill, dude gave 110% everytime and kept working at it and didnt blame other folks.

Imo I would have liked to keep hill, Singletary traded him because he was compeition

yep... Singletary basically gambled his job that Smith would pan out and we wouldn't need a backup.

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
They both suck

Move on

as a backup QB, Hill is everything you could want, unless your objective is to sell gym posters of him with his shirt off. The guy plays above his capabilities game in and game out. Didn't he have a 400 yard passing game this year with the lowly Lions? Smith has had a 300 yard passing game twice in his 6 year career! But this is not about Smith vs Hill, this is about Carr vs. Hill. Keeping Carr and trading Hill was a massive mistake. Another Sing motivational tactic that has backfired.
Originally posted by jreff22:
both are injured...who gives a s**t
I disagree. Shaun Hill was not a good enough QB to overcome poor coaching and a sh*tty game plan each week. A Shaun Hill led offense wouldn't be able to score enough points to make up for a weak defense, albeit one that bends but doesn't wuite break...problem is it bends way too much to win.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by sacniner:

that's why he can't benched in Houston for Smith? I guess everyone has their own opinions, but I just like QBs that are capable of at least attempting all the NFL throws. Hill's arm was too weak. But, he is a good stopgap backup. They shouldn't have traded him.

Attempting (as in capable of) vs. Attempting (actually making the throws) are 2 different things. The fact that Smith can do the first, but not the latter is a telling-tale of why this offense blows......
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We would have probably won if Alex didn't get hurt.

He was having a pretty good day until the injury. Carr certainly isn't better.
Share 49ersWebzone