There are 236 users in the forums

If we still had Shaun Hill, we'd have won this game

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sacniner:
Smith > Hill.

There is absolutely nothing that supports your claim. In fact, the numbers (especially the Win/Loss numbers) suggest otherwise.
Originally posted by ftbl899:
If we had alex smith for the whole game we would have won this game...whats your point?

This is implied in the point...with Hill we could have wrapped up the game instead of Carr.

But you never know...Alex dodged two bullets early on with errant throws.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
yeah, noodles would be killing right now

"noodles" is a better QB than "wonderlic-man", so I'm not sure where you're going with that.

that's why he can't benched in Houston for Smith? I guess everyone has their own opinions, but I just like QBs that are capable of at least attempting all the NFL throws. Hill's arm was too weak. But, he is a good stopgap backup. They shouldn't have traded him.

Attempting (as in capable of) vs. Attempting (actually making the throws) are 2 different things. The fact that Smith can do the first, but not the latter is a telling-tale of why this offense blows......

We've all seen him have flashes of being good. I'm not saying he is all that, but he's a better option than Carr and the mancrush Shaun Hill.

Are people forgetting how terrible Hill looked before he got benched? I think so.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
We would have probably won if Alex didn't get hurt.

He was having a pretty good day until the injury. Carr certainly isn't better.

Oh I am just eating popcorn waiting for the Smith haters to attempt to reply to this.

Oh I am just eating popcorn waiting for the Smith haters to attempt to reply to this.

They are going to list CarrEXCUSES:

threads gonna get locked, just go to the smith thread

Yeah as if Smith hasn't lost us games before today.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Smith > Hill.

There is absolutely nothing that supports your claim. In fact, the numbers (especially the Win/Loss numbers) suggest otherwise.

Did you forget how Hill looked before he got benched? Smith has a better arm and is more mobile. He is capable of making all the throws. We don't have to throw out half of the playbook with him.

Hill is only good for a few games, not a long term solution. We should be 2-5 and Smith would of had a shot to salvage this year.
  • ZRF80

"noodles" is a better QB than "wonderlic-man", so I'm not sure where you're going with that.

that's why he can't benched in Houston for Smith? I guess everyone has their own opinions, but I just like QBs that are capable of at least attempting all the NFL throws. Hill's arm was too weak. But, he is a good stopgap backup. They shouldn't have traded him.

Attempting (as in capable of) vs. Attempting (actually making the throws) are 2 different things. The fact that Smith can do the first, but not the latter is a telling-tale of why this offense blows......

We've all seen him have flashes of being good. I'm not saying he is all that, but he's a better option than Carr and the mancrush Shaun Hill.

Are people forgetting how terrible Hill looked before he got benched? I think so.

How come no one makes the same excuses for Hill like they do for Smith ? Didnt he also have a poor oline ? Didnt he also have Raye calling plays for him ? How come no one was crying for the spread when Hill was behind center ?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:

Yeah as if Smith hasn't lost us games before today.

We are talking about today's game no ?

How come no one makes the same excuses for Hill like they do for Smith ? Didnt he also have a poor oline ? Didnt he also have Raye calling plays for him ? How come no one was crying for the spread when Hill was behind center ?

Sounds like you are making HillEXCUSES...
  • ZRF80

9/19 126 yards.....only sustaining one good drive. Yeah, pretty good day alright...compared to who ? Carr ?
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ftbl899:
If we had alex smith for the whole game we would have won this game...whats your point?

against the worst team in football, am I supposed to get excited about that? Smith played very average when you consider this was the worst team in football he was playing. Regardless, yes, we would have won with Smith, thanks in large part to our defense and to an easy dropped TD in the endzone by their WR Gettis.
  • ZRF80

Sounds like you are making HillEXCUSES...

Exactly. Except no one ever made them. It was ok for Hill to struggle with all these deficiencies (thus being labeled as a bad QB), but it wasnt ok to do the same for Alex.

Weird, isnt it ?
Share 49ersWebzone