There are 228 users in the forums

Noticeable change with Alex

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Alex played sooooooo much better last year when we were in the spread and in shotgun. Why can we not do that? Oline? If he sucks under center and he's the only option we have why do we put him under center? just put him in his best chance to play well and get through the season with him.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
Alex played sooooooo much better last year when we were in the spread and in shotgun. Why can we not do that? Oline? If he sucks under center and he's the only option we have why do we put him under center? just put him in his best chance to play well and get through the season with him.

because supposedly gore is better from the power I. (he looked good running shotgun draws last year, and last week against the falcons)

Sing better just get super aggressive, got nothing to lose now.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:

because supposedly gore is better from the power I. (he looked good running shotgun draws last year, and last week against the falcons)

but gore complains when he doesn't have a fullback...he doesn't like singleback sets.....
yay only took him 6 years
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by 9r4lf:
In Atlanta, after Lofton picked him, Alex was pissed, pumped his fist and ripped the snaps from his helmet. Although this isn’t ground breaking, it was nice to see him pist off at the play and emotionally show that, rather than the typical slumped shoulders and subsequent pouting on the sideline.

I know that you haters will kill him and make jokes show stupid ass pictures, and they are stupid btw….blah, blah. I would be surprised if any of us do anything that compares to what an NFL quarterback does.

Let’s beat the Eagles ass!

9r4lf

That and $1 will buy you any sized drink from McDonald's.

SHOW me, don't tell me.

He's wearing that new Adidas blazer.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

but gore complains when he doesn't have a fullback...he doesn't like singleback sets.....

If I am the Head Coach and I know that my QB is better out of a shotgun offense, and I also know that even though my RB complains about running from a shotgun offense, he still is effective from it, I am going to tell the RB to deal with it and give my QB the offense that he is more comfortable in because he touches the ball every play.

To me, the head coach should probably look into how the Colts used to set their offense up for Manning and Edgerrin James. James was a similar runner to Gore, in that he liked running from I. Manning is deadly from the shotgun. Smith is obviously no Peyton Manning, but at least you could get an idea of the scheme you should try running.

[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Oct 8, 2010 at 08:58:25 ]
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

If I am the Head Coach and I know that my QB is better out of a shotgun offense, and I also know that even though my RB complains about running from a shotgun offense, he still is effective from it. I am going to tell the RB to deal with it, and give my QB the offense that he is more comfortable in because he touches the ball every play.

I agree with this. But that's because a good coaching staff either drafts players that fit their system, or adjust their system to fit a player's strength. But the operative word in that sentence is good.
  • 9r4lf
Originally posted by fly15:
In Atlanta, after Lofton picked him, Alex was pissed, pumped his fist and ripped the snaps from his helmet. Although this isn’t ground breaking, it was nice to see him pist off at the play and emotionally show that, rather than the typical slumped shoulders and subsequent pouting on the sideline.

I know that you haters will kill him and make jokes show stupid ass pictures, and they are stupid btw….blah, blah. I would be surprised if any of us do anything that compares to what an NFL quarterback does.

9r4lf

This is lame bro.
Originally posted by fly15:

9r4lf

This is lame bro.

x2

Kobe Bryant has haters

Alex has realists.

Haters hate because they're jealous of success. There's really no reason to "hate" Alex for because he has no history of success in the NFL. Why would I be jealous of his failures? I actually feel bad for him. He is someone with no actual talent and was thrusted into a position that he couldn't handle.

Truth hurts.
A noticable change with Alex???? Wow, you're reaching for something positive in Alex. He's crap right now. Just like Steve Young said..............Alex has to let it fly! He has to stop playing tight.
Originally posted by DesiDez:
Kobe Bryant has haters

Alex has realists.

Haters hate because they're jealous of success. There's really no reason to "hate" Alex for because he has no history of success in the NFL. Why would I be jealous of his failures? I actually feel bad for him. He is someone with no actual talent and was thrusted into a position that he couldn't handle.

Truth hurts.

No history of success? Except for that $50M contract, the #1 overall draft selection, marrying a blonde bombshell former Raiderette, travelling the globe, getting paid to keep in shape and play a game that most of us played for free. Yeah, what a loser.
Alex is a good kid and he is getting angry at himself for making bad throws etc...He is showing a lot of heart out there but the simple fact is, he just doesn't have the talent to be a starter in the NFL.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Alex is a good kid and he is getting angry at himself for making bad throws etc...He is showing a lot of heart out there but the simple fact is, he just doesn't have the talent to be a starter in the NFL.

I dont think talent is the issue. I think he is thinking himself out of the game. The times that he has seemingly let go of whatever pressure he is putting on himself, he usually looks very promising. There have been times where he put the team on his back and most people were saying things like, "If he could just consistently play like that, he'd be one of the best in the league". Unfortunately for him, the time to wait for him to turn that corner is almost up. He pretty much has the next 12 games to show it or I think he is done.
Share 49ersWebzone