Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 426 users in the forums

Gotta LOVEE Jason LaCanfornas Power Rankings..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Otter
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,936
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
How many of you morons that think we are the worst team in football thought that 2-3 weeks ago?

Not me. 3 weeks ago, I thought that we were top 12. Now, I agree that we are #32.

Worst point differential in the league and massive internal instability. After Saturday (depending on how much of a spark Johnson can bring), I may think that we are better than 50% of the teams in the league, but TODAY, we are the worst.

.02

That doesn't make ANY sense at all.

P.S. You called yourself a moron by answering...

Moron #3 here.

It makes absolute sense. I'm sure many people thought Enron was a good stock to have in their retirement portfolio at one time. Opinions change when provided new information/evidence. At least that's what reasonable/rational people do.

My opinion has changed. too. I realized we are not as good as I thought/hoped. But that doesn't mean we are the worst team in football? You think the Raiders, Panthers, or Cardinals would be tied with Super Bowl champs with a few seconds left in the game even though they turned the ball over four times (plus one safety, which isn't scored a turn over but equals one)?

If at the end of the year, they have won 7 or 8 games, or even 6, would you say you were wrong on Sept 28th?
The worst team in football 3 weeks into the season can't go 8-5 or even 7-6 the rest of the way. It's not possible. Even if they start playing better, it's the same team.

No. Because I base my feelings on what I am seeing on the field. We got WHUUUUUPPPPEED in 2 out of 3 games. We played below our ability.

Are we more talented than half the teams in the league? I think so. Are we playing better? f**k no. Would we beat less talented teams if we played them. f**k no. not today.

If we blow the dirty birds out, we start trending higher

Exactly. I won't say I was wrong to think this is the 31st or 32nd team in the league on September 28th. What I will say is that the team's standing improved, based on better play and better production on the field.
Also: Everything I have said so far doesn't take into account the FACT that not one of you has come close to watching all other 31 teams play 180 minutes of football.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
How many of you morons that think we are the worst team in football thought that 2-3 weeks ago?

Not me. 3 weeks ago, I thought that we were top 12. Now, I agree that we are #32.

Worst point differential in the league and massive internal instability. After Saturday (depending on how much of a spark Johnson can bring), I may think that we are better than 50% of the teams in the league, but TODAY, we are the worst.

.02

That doesn't make ANY sense at all.

P.S. You called yourself a moron by answering...

Moron #3 here.

It makes absolute sense. I'm sure many people thought Enron was a good stock to have in their retirement portfolio at one time. Opinions change when provided new information/evidence. At least that's what reasonable/rational people do.

Thatswhutimtalkinbout.

It saddens me as a homer to say and acknowledge it, but the product that this team has put on the field this year has been garbage.

If we win on Sunday, or even show signs of life, I'll put the team WAY higher. But right now, we are not using any of our talent.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Winning ONE game is going to make the worst team in football much higher on the list? When the worst team in football wins one game, no matter who it's against, the best anyone can say is "maybe they are not the very worst team in football". It doesn't catapult them WAY up the list. If it did that means they were not the the worst team in football before that game.

It does in this team's unique situation.

We s**tcanned our OC yesterday. No one has ANY clue how good Johnson will be. If he calls a great game and gets the players to respond, then our team becomes much better. If not, then its possible that - talent be damned - this team is a loser.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,936
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Also: Everything I have said so far doesn't take into account the FACT that not one of you has come close to watching all other 31 teams play 180 minutes of football.

You certainly put us in our place. One question. How do you rate the 49ers over any team at this point unless you too, have watched ALL 31 teams play 180 minutes of football.

That sword cuts both ways mon frere.
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Also: Everything I have said so far doesn't take into account the FACT that not one of you has come close to watching all other 31 teams play 180 minutes of football.

You certainly put us in our place. One question. How do you rate the 49ers over any team at this point unless you too, have watched ALL 31 teams play 180 minutes of football.

That sword cuts both ways mon frere.

I don't have to. But I have seen enough Raiders and Cardinals to know that, at the very least, there are two teams that are MUCH worse than the 49ers.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
How many of you morons that think we are the worst team in football thought that 2-3 weeks ago?

Not me. 3 weeks ago, I thought that we were top 12. Now, I agree that we are #32.

Worst point differential in the league and massive internal instability. After Saturday (depending on how much of a spark Johnson can bring), I may think that we are better than 50% of the teams in the league, but TODAY, we are the worst.

.02

That doesn't make ANY sense at all.

P.S. You called yourself a moron by answering...

Moron #3 here.

It makes absolute sense. I'm sure many people thought Enron was a good stock to have in their retirement portfolio at one time. Opinions change when provided new information/evidence. At least that's what reasonable/rational people do.

Thatswhutimtalkinbout.

It saddens me as a homer to say and acknowledge it, but the product that this team has put on the field this year has been garbage.

If we win on Sunday, or even show signs of life, I'll put the team WAY higher. But right now, we are not using any of our talent.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Winning ONE game is going to make the worst team in football much higher on the list? When the worst team in football wins one game, no matter who it's against, the best anyone can say is "maybe they are not the very worst team in football". It doesn't catapult them WAY up the list. If it did that means they were not the the worst team in football before that game.

It does in this team's unique situation.

We s**tcanned our OC yesterday. No one has ANY clue how good Johnson will be. If he calls a great game and gets the players to respond, then our team becomes much better. If not, then its possible that - talent be damned - this team is a loser.

No it doesn't. Winning, or losing, one game doesn't say anything. The worst team in football can win a game against the best team from time to time. It happens. That doesn't change either of those team's standings. The best team may still win the SB and the worst may still have the 1st overall pick the next season.
How many of you thought that with two rookies on the offensive line it was going to be smooth sailing? Rookies linemen always struggle, I expect they will get better as the season progresses, but it will be rough starting out.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,936
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Also: Everything I have said so far doesn't take into account the FACT that not one of you has come close to watching all other 31 teams play 180 minutes of football.

You certainly put us in our place. One question. How do you rate the 49ers over any team at this point unless you too, have watched ALL 31 teams play 180 minutes of football.

That sword cuts both ways mon frere.

I don't have to. But I have seen enough Raiders and Cardinals to know that, at the very least, there are two teams that are MUCH worse than the 49ers.

What a joke. So you hold anyone that thinks this team is bad to a higher standard than you are willing to adopt.

And are you referring to those Raiders and Cardinals teams that have scored more and given up fewer points than the 49ers.

Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
How many of you morons that think we are the worst team in football thought that 2-3 weeks ago?

Not me. 3 weeks ago, I thought that we were top 12. Now, I agree that we are #32.

Worst point differential in the league and massive internal instability. After Saturday (depending on how much of a spark Johnson can bring), I may think that we are better than 50% of the teams in the league, but TODAY, we are the worst.

.02

That doesn't make ANY sense at all.

P.S. You called yourself a moron by answering...

Moron #3 here.

It makes absolute sense. I'm sure many people thought Enron was a good stock to have in their retirement portfolio at one time. Opinions change when provided new information/evidence. At least that's what reasonable/rational people do.

Thatswhutimtalkinbout.

It saddens me as a homer to say and acknowledge it, but the product that this team has put on the field this year has been garbage.

If we win on Sunday, or even show signs of life, I'll put the team WAY higher. But right now, we are not using any of our talent.

That doesn't make any sense at all. Winning ONE game is going to make the worst team in football much higher on the list? When the worst team in football wins one game, no matter who it's against, the best anyone can say is "maybe they are not the very worst team in football". It doesn't catapult them WAY up the list. If it did that means they were not the the worst team in football before that game.

It does in this team's unique situation.

We s**tcanned our OC yesterday. No one has ANY clue how good Johnson will be. If he calls a great game and gets the players to respond, then our team becomes much better. If not, then its possible that - talent be damned - this team is a loser.

No it doesn't. Winning, or losing, one game doesn't say anything. The worst team in football can win a game against the best team from time to time. It happens. That doesn't change either of those team's standings. The best team may still win the SB and the worst may still have the 1st overall pick the next season.

Put last Sunday's Niners up against each of la Canfora's 22-32 ranked teams. Who wins? I think the Ninera lose nearly every game.
On phone; pls ignore typos.
Maiocco's latest power ranking has us 32nd.
someone give me the 4 worst teams in football, quick.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,936
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
someone give me the 4 worst teams in football, quick.

Bills, Browns, Niners, Lions.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 22,936
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
someone give me the 4 worst teams in football, quick.

Bills, Browns, Niners, Lions.

Panthers, Giants, Raiders, and Jags get a dishonorable mention.
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by Otter:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Also: Everything I have said so far doesn't take into account the FACT that not one of you has come close to watching all other 31 teams play 180 minutes of football.

You certainly put us in our place. One question. How do you rate the 49ers over any team at this point unless you too, have watched ALL 31 teams play 180 minutes of football.

That sword cuts both ways mon frere.

I don't have to. But I have seen enough Raiders and Cardinals to know that, at the very least, there are two teams that are MUCH worse than the 49ers.

What a joke. So you hold anyone that thinks this team is bad to a higher standard than you are willing to adopt.

No. Did I ever say anything about this team being BAD? No, we're talking about them being 32nd out of 32. I know, with 100% certainty, that the 49ers are not.

Originally posted by Otter:
And are you referring to those Raiders and Cardinals teams that have scored more and given up fewer points than the 49ers.


Yep. Those same ones. A.) they did it against eachother, and B.) the other teams they did it against, sucked too. They've both played each other, and both played the Rams.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone