LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 198 users in the forums

ESPN: Smith worst QB in NFC West and getting worse

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
7 points from our O just isn't going to cut it...

Time to see what else we have sitting on the shelf. Lets get David in there and see what he can do already...

No.....

Leave Smith in for the entire year and let him sink by himself. Its so f**king sad to say, but we MUST sacrifice yet another season so we can finally shut the Smith-loving homers up! New QB and new HC for 2011!!!

GRUDEN + 1st round competent rookie for 2011!!

Ugh dude I supported Smith(not as a lover homer guy) but I'm done, watching him play is torture. If he keeps this s**t up through the 1st half of Philly he's got to go. I want to see what Carr or T.Smith can do. We're still in the hunt for our pathetic division, we just need a guy who will make a few throws downfield and can check the f**k down properly as QB. Maybe Carr is that guy.

You sure?? I swear we had more than one infamous Smith-debates. Regardless, I'm glad we are on the same page now my 49er-brother.

As to Carr... I disagree. Leave Smith in there the entire year and lets convince everyone that he is not the QB we've been waiting/hoping for him to turn into.

PS- You might want to re-visit and update:

PYMWYMI - Alex Smith

It wasn't about being a Smith homer/lover it was about supporting our QB. But he just sucks so bad and doesn't make any plays that I can't do it anymore. I mean yeah, I recognize a lot of QBs wouldn't have success with crappy ass Raye as the play caller, or Hostler, or the messed up OLine, or whatever. But now we have weapons you can do stuff with. Vern broke out last year(partially because of Smith but he's not finding him right now), Crab showed he can play a good game and has a lot of abilities yesterday, Morgan got open down field, and we have a talented OLine and a good play caller in Mike Johnson. I thought the play calling yesterday was really good. But Smith had Morgan open down the middle, and it was a tough throw, but he missed by a yard and Josh didn't even have a chance to catch it. Then there was the PI on Crabtree but he didn't throw a catchable ball, it was way out of bounds. Then the 2nd pick was because he only reads the D before the snap and not when its happening so he didn't even have any idea Vern would be open, and throws it right to the DB because he's already determined he's throwing the comeback or hitch or whatever to Josh Morgan. The 1st pick was a really f**king stupid pass that he had no chance of making and he should've known that, and instead he gives the ball away and they get a field goal.

I mean I want him to do well, he is a nice guy. But he just doesn't have IT, and when I say IT I mean the ability to process information fast. Sure he's a book smart guy, but everything he did in college was pre determined plays, and nearly never had to read defenses. He atleast threw a nice deep ball(according to Norv Turner, and hit on some big plays) when he came into the league but after Rockie Bernard f**ked up his shoulder that appears to be gone. So now he can't throw deep very well, his accuracy on his short passes was already bad, and he has trouble reading a defense so really WTF can he do? It's not like he can scramble anymore because then he'll probably get injured. He's pretty much useless right now and he can't even check down. I'm done wasting time being a fan of his and I wish I never spent 50 bucks on his discounted jersey. I hope that he goes to another team and learns behind a guy like Peyton or Rivers or whatever and becomes a good QB later on but I think he's not a good QB right now and we need to figure something else out. Sucks for him but it sucks for us to have to watch him play!
Originally posted by digital9er:
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
It doesn't matter if we have peyton or brady or brees out there. I have stated and continue to maintain that bigmike(BM) is micromanaging both D and O, and calling plays...hence they never got in on time for 18 frigging mos...and until the cancer is gone, this team is going to continue to waste away. FIRE BM now. NOW. TODAY. That is, IMO, the one and only way in which we can start over. See my lengthy post in Ang's thread on "who to blame for ATL flameout", for what to do after schidt canning BM. We can be a much, much better football team without BM at the helm. Right now he is a joke, a very damaging joke, is talked about on all sport shows, and frankly has no support other than an occasional diehard.

Quaterback, schmaterback...it doesn't matter who the QB is when the guy driving the bus is a dipstick. And that dipstick...he is ours, but only by the grace of jedi jed. FIRE BM and maybe the york's get their new stadium built. Continue on with a proven loser and they are losing fans, money and...chance for a new stadium getting built. If i were a SC voter, i would never vote any bond money for a team that has a loser as a coach, who has lost the locker room, not to mention 4 straight games, and is going backward as fast as he can.

How do we encourage the owner's to fire the main problem here? Anyone have any ideas, because i am desperate to see us turn this around. Probably we'll win a game and then everything will be alright until we lose the next 5 or 6. Any ideas, any at all out there on how to get BM schidt canned?

And I thought a good, solid, BM would make most on here feel better...

I think BM is doing a great job each week. He has shown that him and his crew can keep up with good teams (NO and ATL). BM can only do so much and when players don't perform....cough...cough...A. Smith...cough that is not his fault. BM is not on the feild playing...so again not his fault. Did you see him just kneeling down during the last mins of the game. That was a look of a man just utterly defeated...And honestly it was quite sad. Because they did make some adjustments during the second half do keep them in the game. Please don't blame Nate Clements for the lose as well becuase the defense cause a lot of three and outs. What did the offense do??? 7 points in the 1qrt then laid goose eggs for the last 3qrts So please stop blaming BM and NC as well.

Singletary is an awful coach. Wake up and smell the BM.
Reading all lthe Alex Smith hate on this site is embarrasing. I have lost all respect for this fanbase.
[ Edited by nigeria on Oct 4, 2010 at 10:14 AM ]
Originally posted by nigeria:
Reading all lthe Alex Smith hate on this site is embarrasing. I have all respect for this fanbase.

thank you. i respect you as well.

p.s. I got your message about my fortune. I'll PM you my info and SSN.
[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Oct 4, 2010 at 10:13 AM ]
the moderators let all this hate fill up the site...so when this teamis 4-4 going into the bye week. they all should be fired.
the moderators let all this hate fill up the site...so when this teamis 4-4 going into the bye week. they all should be fired.
Originally posted by valrod33:
  • kdogg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by kdogg:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

so we have one of the smartest QB's in the game who can't throw
one of the dumbest on the PS with a rocket arm
a guy who's has been sacked so many times he has Christy Everett syndrome
and an unproven Heisman Trophy winner

Nice summary

not as nice as your two word retort with a yawning face

LOL. That was directed to our lack of options. You're list is spot on.

Point is, each QB needs to overcome a deficiency in order for this season to be saved.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
worst in the NFL

46+ pages...congrats.
Sheesh, there's so many things wrong with our QB that it's hard to stay away from.

Do you guys ever notice that most of the completions, especially to the WR's have been to receivers who are almost a yard open? That's considered wide open!

How often have you seen Alex complete a tight completion or make a throw that splits defenders into the basket of the receiver?

The excuse about having better receivers is done with. We have better receivers and I think it is obvious that our QB just can't get the ball to receivers who are "open" as defined by NFL standards.

He also stares at his throw too often.

This game is too fast for him which is why he can't make that tight throw. Personally, I don't think he has the physical throwing ability to make for how fast the NFL game is for this process:

---see the defense>adjust to the lane>see closest receiver>set feet>make the release>power to get it there

Time to see what else we have sitting on the shelf. Lets get David in there and see what he can do already...

No.....

Leave Smith in for the entire year and let him sink by himself. Its so f**king sad to say, but we MUST sacrifice yet another season so we can finally shut the Smith-loving homers up! New QB and new HC for 2011!!!

Ugh dude I supported Smith(not as a lover homer guy) but I'm done, watching him play is torture. If he keeps this s**t up through the 1st half of Philly he's got to go. I want to see what Carr or T.Smith can do. We're still in the hunt for our pathetic division, we just need a guy who will make a few throws downfield and can check the f**k down properly as QB. Maybe Carr is that guy.

You sure?? I swear we had more than one infamous Smith-debates. Regardless, I'm glad we are on the same page now my 49er-brother.

As to Carr... I disagree. Leave Smith in there the entire year and lets convince everyone that he is not the QB we've been waiting/hoping for him to turn into.

PS- You might want to re-visit and update:

PYMWYMI - Alex Smith

It wasn't about being a Smith homer/lover it was about supporting our QB. But he just sucks so bad and doesn't make any plays that I can't do it anymore. I mean yeah, I recognize a lot of QBs wouldn't have success with crappy ass Raye as the play caller, or Hostler, or the messed up OLine, or whatever. But now we have weapons you can do stuff with. Vern broke out last year(partially because of Smith but he's not finding him right now), Crab showed he can play a good game and has a lot of abilities yesterday, Morgan got open down field, and we have a talented OLine and a good play caller in Mike Johnson. I thought the play calling yesterday was really good. But Smith had Morgan open down the middle, and it was a tough throw, but he missed by a yard and Josh didn't even have a chance to catch it. Then there was the PI on Crabtree but he didn't throw a catchable ball, it was way out of bounds. Then the 2nd pick was because he only reads the D before the snap and not when its happening so he didn't even have any idea Vern would be open, and throws it right to the DB because he's already determined he's throwing the comeback or hitch or whatever to Josh Morgan. The 1st pick was a really f**king stupid pass that he had no chance of making and he should've known that, and instead he gives the ball away and they get a field goal.

I mean I want him to do well, he is a nice guy. But he just doesn't have IT, and when I say IT I mean the ability to process information fast. Sure he's a book smart guy, but everything he did in college was pre determined plays, and nearly never had to read defenses. He atleast threw a nice deep ball(according to Norv Turner, and hit on some big plays) when he came into the league but after Rockie Bernard f**ked up his shoulder that appears to be gone. So now he can't throw deep very well, his accuracy on his short passes was already bad, and he has trouble reading a defense so really WTF can he do? It's not like he can scramble anymore because then he'll probably get injured. He's pretty much useless right now and he can't even check down. I'm done wasting time being a fan of his and I wish I never spent 50 bucks on his discounted jersey. I hope that he goes to another team and learns behind a guy like Peyton or Rivers or whatever and becomes a good QB later on but I think he's not a good QB right now and we need to figure something else out. Sucks for him but it sucks for us to have to watch him play!

Great assessment, you hit every point right on the head and I couldn't agree with you more. I think we all went through this realization process, some of us just went through it much earlier than others. The guy is a nice guy and is obviously very smart, but that does not win games in this league.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

No.....

if dreams only came true......

Have you seen Bradford play BTW??

yes bro, yes.

insert that f**ker in our O, we'd be unstoppable.

We need next year's Bradford/Stafford/Sanchez/Flacco/Ryan... A kid with brains, balls, and "IT", who can make throws accurately. Especially those over 20 yards.

Problem is who do we have to find that guy?

Great point. I've also thought about this, which is why I think Sing should be fired. We need an offensive-minded coach who has experience with developing QBs (Gruden).
Originally posted by GBNinerFan:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
worst in the NFL

46+ pages...congrats.

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:
Sheesh, there's so many things wrong with our QB that it's hard to stay away from.

Do you guys ever notice that most of the completions, especially to the WR's have been to receivers who are almost a yard open? That's considered wide open!

How often have you seen Alex complete a tight completion or make a throw that splits defenders into the basket of the receiver?

The excuse about having better receivers is done with. We have better receivers and I think it is obvious that our QB just can't get the ball to receivers who are "open" as defined by NFL standards.

He also stares at his throw too often.

This game is too fast for him which is why he can't make that tight throw. Personally, I don't think he has the physical throwing ability to make for how fast the NFL game is for this process:

---see the defense>adjust to the lane>see closest receiver>set feet>make the release>power to get it there

Alex is like a Ken Dorsey (also a college record setting fun 'n gun type offensive QB) who was inappropriately taken at the top of the draft. The ONLY reasons Smith is around is the financial investments made in him and his great attitude and work ethic.

Saying Alex Smith sucks is not hate. It's reality
Share 49ersWebzone