LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 273 users in the forums

RAYE FIRED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by Shaj:
this is awesome but I think Raye was Sing's puppet. The root cause was not addressed, only the symptom.

LaConofra said that Sing and Raye havent been seeing eye to eye on the playcalling

I'm betting they didn't see eye to eye on the RESULTS of the play calling. Raye was doing exactly what he was hired to do: uncreative run it up the gut offense with the QB as a game manager whose only job is to not lose the game for you.
I hope we don't use this as another excuse for Alex..I can picture the posts after next game.. "Alex is having another OC again, he's not used to the play calling, it's not Alex's fault. How many Qb's go through a new OC during mid season?"..LOL
One down, two more to go.

6 and 10 here we come!
Originally posted by jreff22:
JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
Raye has not seen eye to eye with Coach Mike Singletary about scope of offense. QB Alex Smith has been erratic and run game hit or miss

JasonLaCanfora Jason La Canfora
49ers under heavy playoff expectations and obviously felt like they had to do something significant to stop 0-3 rut.

So does this mean Raye's hands were tied by Sing.
this is awesome but I think Raye was Sing's puppet. The root cause was not addressed, only the symptom.

like giving antibiotics to a tooth that is infected, the swelling will go down but the source of infxn is still there
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
wow back to sqaure one. This game was purely the coaches fault. They were simply outcoached and Jimmy had no clue on how to get the offense running. Yes they need to execute, but you need to call plays that will help your QB and the offense get a jump start. I mean all he had to do was look at what Charlie did on the other side.

Maiocco on knbr saying mike johnson will be more innovative in the system.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by jays9ers:
I'm glad he's gone but at the same time this just shows the incompetence of this entire franchise....

Did anyone foresee Raye being this bad, though?

Umm.... Yea people did.. There's a reason why the guy was job-less... We might as well let Alex call his own plays. He's seems to thrive when he calls his own plays.
This was a good move for Alex if anything. Of everyone he seemed to have the most back handed comments towards Raye in every post game. I knew something was up. The players didn't believe in Raye. You could tell on the field. They looked like they were over it.

Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
wow back to sqaure one. This game was purely the coaches fault. They were simply outcoached and Jimmy had no clue on how to get the offense running. Yes they need to execute, but you need to call plays that will help your QB and the offense get a jump start. I mean all he had to do was look at what Charlie did on the other side.

Maiocco on knbr saying mike johnson will be more innovative in the system.

Raye has f**ked up for so long i dont even know what innovative means anymore

Let's ask Alex Smith!

Originally posted by blizzuntz:

like giving antibiotics to a tooth that is infected, the swelling will go down but the source of infxn is still there

Mike Dingleterry is next...he knows it, believe me. If the Yorks have any brains, they will bring in a Football Consultant ASAP...
As much as I don't like Alex, I knew Raye wasn't going to develop Alex because he sucked at all his previous OC jobs. The only thing he does well is call plays for the TE for Tony Gonzales in KC and Vernon Davis in SF.
Ownership needs to tell singletary to stay out of the OC's business and let him do what he needs to do. If the OC fails, then singletary can get involved. Till then, STFU!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
So is this gonna be another excuse for the Alex lovers ?

Another OC he has to learn from, lets give him 5 more years.

As long as number#11 is playing QB nothing is gonna change.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but the truth is the truth.
Share 49ersWebzone