LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 303 users in the forums

Michael Crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
Is it too early to say we f'ed up in drafting him rather than oher and then dez bryant?
u said it already...its too early to discuss that issue. sing will whip his ass and we will see a better crab the next weeks.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Shaj:
Unlike Smith, Crabtree produced in his rookie year. He gets a pass today (but still deserves a LOT of criticism), but needs to turn it around, starting next week.

Dude he cost us 14 points based on bad hands and not being in the right spots and you're giving this guy a pass when he didn't even work hard? Smith played like s**t today but come on man you're losing your credibility here, this has got to be a f**king joke.

example of why 1st impression isn't always the right impression.....
remember vd wasnt a instant star his rookie or soph yr crabtree is going through the same sh't davis did people need to remember players are going to have bad games would u write off davis if he played bad after signing a 37 mil contract
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
lmao

yah, he certainly lost the game for us

where was Vernon davis at today? Seems like he wasnt even apart of the gameplan

Vernon had a pretty good game.
8 Catches ~75 yards..

my bad,

not apart of the game plan when it came down to the redzone

Ya that was ridiculous we need to put the ball in his hands when it really matters. I mean, we gave our a FB a chance in the endzone before Vernon, he led our team (and the league) with 13 TDs for a reason.

Oh well.
  • Apone
  • Veteran
He said Michael Crabtree didn't run the wrong route but needed to get his head around quicker on the interception that was returned for a touchdown by cornerback Marcus Trufant. Smith said he was trying to throw the pass before Crabtree broke, but that Crabtree hadn't even lifted his head when the ball went by him. Obviously a critical miscommunication.

I wonder if playing a game or two in the preseason would of helped
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'll give Crabtree a pass. This was his first game of the year to knock the rust off. Next week he'll be better.
Unlike Smith, Crabtree produced in his rookie year. He gets a pass today (but still deserves a LOT of criticism), but needs to turn it around, starting next week.

when its alex smith: OMG HE SUX WTF BENCH HIM

when its anybody else: its ok he gets a pass..
So do you think Vernon looked at Crabs after the game and said. Hey princess what was your stat line today? You dont need to practice and play preseason. Hope he learened a lesson today.
Originally posted by Apone:
He said Michael Crabtree didn't run the wrong route but needed to get his head around quicker on the interception that was returned for a touchdown by cornerback Marcus Trufant. Smith said he was trying to throw the pass before Crabtree broke, but that Crabtree hadn't even lifted his head when the ball went by him. Obviously a critical miscommunication.

Plus the ball was overthrown too. Even if Crabtree reacted in time to the pass best case scenario is probally tipping it away.

Yeah, I don't think that one was totally Crabtree's fault. It looked like Smith threw it early and Crabtree thinks Smith will lead him further into the route. It was a sad showing for the whole team, but there is plenty of time to get better. They played pretty good in the first half.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Yeah, I don't think that one was totally Crabtree's fault. It looked like Smith threw it early and Crabtree thinks Smith will lead him further into the route. It was a sad showing for the whole team, but there is plenty of time to get better. They played pretty good in the first half.

in teh end its crabtrees fault for not wanting to play in the offseason

i agree forst half looked good alex can be a great QB if he has a pocket however our o line looked like s**t today they are the sole reason for our offensive woes no time for alex and no push for gore
bust
Originally posted by defenderDX:
bust

not bust he has the potential to be a great player has all the keys he just has to work for it he needs to want it
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
bust

not bust he has the potential to be a great player has all the keys he just has to work for it he needs to want it

Originally posted by CrAnKD4TCRabTree:

when its alex smith: OMG HE SUX WTF BENCH HIM

when its anybody else: its ok he gets a pass..

In this instance, yes. Crabtree just had his first bad game as a professional. Alex had another in a string of bad performances as a professional. Crabtree has had more big games than Smith has and this is Smith's 6th year in the league. There's a huge difference.
Share 49ersWebzone