LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 255 users in the forums

anthony dixon comparisons

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by domingo360:
Why do we have to wait to compare?

Because he has done jack s**t...

I'm ALL for rooting for him to do well, but considering he has 0 yards, 0 snaps, 0 touchdowns, 0 receptions, there is nothing to compare! He's comparable to me because I have those same NFL statistics!

If you ran like The Bus we'd be talking about you too.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
wow we are getting WAY ahead of ourselves here

Dont get me wrong I love what he is bringing to the table but geez

Barry freakin Sanders? Jim Brown?

cmon man!
Originally posted by Tman:
wow we are getting WAY ahead of ourselves here

Dont get me wrong I love what he is bringing to the table but geez

Barry freakin Sanders? Jim Brown?

cmon man!

We're just talking about his STYLE of running. Who he looks like, not who is he as good as.

Settle down folks.
He runs like Natrone Means.....
Originally posted by ManBearPig:
He runs like Natrone Means.....

Nice comparison. Dixon has quicker feet and lateral movement, is better at avoiding tacklers. Means looks faster, stronger and breaks tackles a little better.

One thing that really caught my attention in this video was the line play. The holes he had to run through were HUGE. If our line can play like that we are going to the Super Bowl.
His body and speed do remind you of J.Bettis.. and his quick feet are great for a big guy and does run a little like Barry Sanders
I love Earl Campbell and he was a beast. Prolly my favorite runner of all time.
To compare him to a 6th round pick who did well in his first preseason is quite a stretch...

A warthog?
I agree, definitely a combination of Jim BRown and Barry Sanders
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
To compare him to a 6th round pick who did well in his first preseason is quite a stretch...

Earl Campbell was a force of nature. He made tacklers suffer like no one else. He carried the Oilers during their best years.

Dixon sort of reminds me of Terrell Davis of the Broncos, also a late round back.

• jcs
  • Veteran
kevan barlow until he can consistantly stop dancing in the backfield.
Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders, Chris Johnson all rolled into Jerome Bettis's body with Marshall Faulk's receiving ability. F*ck that he actually has Randy Moss's ability to go vertically down the field.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 5, 2010 at 4:13 PM ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders, Chris Johnson all rolled into Jerome Bettis's body with Marshall Faulk's receiving ability. F*ck that he actually has Randy Moss's ability to go vertically down the field.

that's just ridiculous randy moss is nothing like big dix
Originally posted by joebbadass:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

Earl Campbell was a force of nature. He made tacklers suffer like no one else. He carried the Oilers during their best years.

Dixon sort of reminds me of Terrell Davis of the Broncos, also a late round back.

Here's a realist finally When Dixon's vision improves and he starts hitting his lanes more decisively, I think his running style will resemble TD the most although I think Anthony gives you considerably more wiggle in one on one.

But Anthony and his momma would tell you guys he's just trying to be the best Anthony Dixon that he can be

Please tell me you Barry Sanders and Jim Brown guys are joking...
[ Edited by NatralBrnThrila on Sep 5, 2010 at 5:56 PM ]
Originally posted by prometheus:
I saw many comparisons of Anthony Dixon to runningbacks and they all have merit but it seemed to me I had seen a guy who he reminded me most of. I finally remembered who it was and that was Earl Campbell. Earl also had that wild sort of running style and the quick feet. He was also big and nifty for such a big guy.

I also noticed a slight similarity to Campbell, except Campell's power was much more noticeable, I think Coffee had more explosive hitting power last preseason than Dixon has shown so far. On the other hand, Dixon has exceptionally quick feet and is extremely agile regardless of his weight. he is reminiscent of Campbell just without as much power. I think he is closer to a Natrone Means than an Earl Campbell.
Share 49ersWebzone