LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by richierich:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Ajanke:
We really need to get this win...It will provide great motivation going in against the falcons

Exactly, and I bet you a lot of guys are looking for some serious payback from last years game.

You mean that memorable game where Delanie Walker fumbled and Dre Bly thought he was funny doing a Neon-Deon impersonation only to fumble?

yep that's the one, consider we were embarrassed I think a few will want to return the favor
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
The Chiefs passing game isnt a threat

Cassell is only connecting on 52 percent of his passes and is averaging 4.9 yards per pass

he has thrown 1 TD and 2 ints and has a passer rating of 55.8

The are pretty good at running the ball. They have 65 attempts for 275 yards for an avg of 4.2 yards a carry

So we need to stop the run and force Cassell to throw the ball and bring the heat

They are pretty solid on D

They are only giving up 3.3 yards per carry
In the passing game Opponents are hitting on 54.3 percent of their passes for 7.5 yards per reception they have given up 3 TDs and intercepted 1 ball

They only have 2 sacks so far on the year so they are not generating much of a pass rush

They have some weapons in the special teams though so we have to be solid there

I think we should come out passing and try and take them out of their game of trying to establish the run game.
We should truly have no problem with Kansas City... this is a joke.
we need to blow em out to make me happy, 28 to 7
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
In theory, this is a game the 49ers, should, win. SHOULD. But this is the 49ers we're talking about. Arrowhead is a tough place to play whether the Chiefs are good or bad. I'm sick of all the players running their mouths about how talented they are, they ran up and down the field on so and so, they can't stop us, etc. You're 0-2. Shut up and play. Prove it on the field. Until the 49ers, you know, actually win, I have no reason to believe they are capable of doing so. They are the like the Warriors (NBA) a talented team, but collectively they suck.

Remember that when you are flooding the boards with "Singletary & Raye must go!" and "Yorks need to sell" on Sunday afternoon.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by socalfan21:

Hey were 0-2 right now. We SHOULDN'T TAKE ANY TEAM LIGHTLY.
Originally posted by Nes49:

agreed. Before the seattle game, everyone was predicting a blowout and saying we should have no issue beating them decisively. We all know how that turned out. Road games are tough. Especially in a hostile environment.
Don't worry about a thing, we're saved now, Alex has a wristband with plays on it

• Nuns
  • Veteran
Being local to Kansas City it's fun to listen to 810 (I don't like Fescoe in the morning). They are afraid of the Niners coming in.

On broadcaster, in particular, was bemoaning the Chiefs slew top round picks versus the Niners. He was saying, "Where's out Patrick Willis? Where is our Vernon Davis?". It's funny to hear another organization put our draft record up as a something to shoot for.

They are also very down on Eric Berry in the Media. He does well supporting the run but has been toasted on at least two big pass plays. They are mortified of him trying to cover Vernon Davis. Was 5 too high for a safety?

I've watched both games, the KC offense is abysmal. Outside of Jamaal Charles (who they inexplicably barely play), they have no playmakers. Their defense is very good, and they have two good cover cornes. They play the run well but cannot rush the passer. Thjeir special teams are dynomite, they probably have the edge here.

It'll be an interesting game for sure.

[ Edited by Nuns on Sep 22, 2010 at 10:18:19 ]

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by Nes49:

agreed. Before the seattle game, everyone was predicting a blowout and saying we should have no issue beating them decisively. We all know how that turned out. Road games are tough. Especially in a hostile environment.

Maybe it just shows that people don't realize the history of us going against seattle, in seattle. We won in 08 by 3 in OT. In 06 was the big 4th quarter that Smith had in seattle for the win. The other 3 games were losses and last year was the only close loss.
I really like the matchup this week. So I think the 49ers will win this one. If Alex plays well then it could be a blowout. If not then it will most likely be within 10 points.

Their Strength is the Run game, so that plays into the 9ers hands. Cassel Is the kind of guy who can be rattled by some pressure, so getting heat on him early will go a long way. Hopefully the D stays aggressive. Jamal Charles is on my fantasy team and he is going to the bench this week.

I worry about special teams though. Hopefully Williams will be back and give us a threat. With Adams looking slow (injury) and rattled, It would be nice to have somebody who is a threat back there.

My Call: 49ers 27-14
Arrowhead is a very loud outdoor venue.

Some key match-ups:
Joe Staley vs. Tamba Hali
Anthony Davis vs. Mike Vrabel
Mike Iupati vs. Tyson Jackson
Derrick Johnson vs. Frank Gore
Brandon Flowers vs. Michael Crabtree
Nate Clements/T. Brown vs. Dwayne Boye
S. Spencer vs. Chris Chambers
Vernon Davis vs. Eric Berry
Jamaal Charles vs. Patrick Willis
Branden Albert vs. Ahmad Brooks
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Arrowhead is a very loud outdoor venue.

Some key match-ups:
Joe Staley vs. Tamba Hali
Anthony Davis vs. Mike Vrabel
Mike Iupati vs. Tyson Jackson
Derrick Johnson vs. Frank Gore
Brandon Flowers vs. Michael Crabtree
Nate Clements/T. Brown vs. Dwayne Boye
S. Spencer vs. Chris Chambers
Vernon Davis vs. Eric Berry
Jamaal Charles vs. Patrick Willis
Branden Albert vs. Ahmad Brooks

Iupati will EAT Tyson Jackson for lunch.

Brooks should beat Albert most times.

Gore will break at least two D Johnsons "tackles attempts".

Our WRs could have a tough time getting open against KCs two corners.

It'd be nice to have Ginn back for this game, but VD will be the one to open us up and test E Berry's coverage skills. I expect a couple of HUGE plays from VD this week.

If they get J Charles into space, we could have some problems.

I hope the Niners don't actually punt to McCluster or Areanes.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Honestly I think we can take on and beat any team in the league. What worries me is us beating ourselves. Bottomline, we gotta execute and play mistake free football. If we can do that, I think we should handle the Chiefs pretty good.
Share 49ersWebzone