There are 248 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS GAMEDAY THREAD

Shop Find 49ers gear online
i wanna see some damn takeaways
yes every game is a must win but this game really is a must win. we can not be 0-3 going to play the falcons who on knbr 680 said that when talking to the saints they are a little scared of the falcons. with that said we should win. our offense should be able to run the ball against their front 7. this is open up the passing game just like in the saints game. i have seen the chiefs offense and it is nothing to be scared about. their best receiver has the case of the drops. they do have a decent running attack but we all know what our defense can do against the run. the only thing to watch out for is the screen plays. with charlie weis likes to call screen plays and after watching the saints game he must be licking his lips. with that said if we can limit that and blitz cassel up the middle our defense will be fine. the big area i would be most worried about is their special teams. they have two rookie returners who are fast and are flat out game changers. we need to jump on them early and take the crowd out of the game. with all this said......niners win
Originally posted by adrenaline:
Blitz Matt Cassell ALL DAY LONG!!!

Do this and we'll smash them.
You guys had a great game against the Championship Saints!!! Willis and Davis are outstanding and scare the sht out of me!

The 49ers "should"win Sunday's game but... so "should" have the Chargers and Browns. We seem to be winning very ugly with special teams and defense. If the 9ers can prevent any good returns and Alex can resist throwing to the other team in red then you should win without breaking too much of a sweat.

Chiefs offense can run but nobody is sure Cassel can do his thing. Weis hasn't really let him throw a whole lot for one reason or another (could be that he sucks but I'm still holding out a little hope). 9ers have to stop the run and force Cassel to throw it. This is where Willis scares me. He is a Beast!!

Chiefs Defense has bee really solid this year. The exception would be the rookie safeties (2010 1st and 5th round picks). They have gotten beaten for big gains in both games. Davis will probably, unfortunately have a big game because of this. The one thing the Chiefs been able to do that we haven't done for the past 4 years is Tackle! It's really great to be able to say that again. Gore is a tough runner so I'm hoping this stays true on Sunday.

Good luck on Sunday and good luck with the rest of your season
Go Niner's.....beat 'da 'chefs
Originally posted by kckickerfan:
You guys had a great game against the Championship Saints!!! Willis and Davis are outstanding and scare the sht out of me!

The 49ers "should"win Sunday's game but... so "should" have the Chargers and Browns. We seem to be winning very ugly with special teams and defense. If the 9ers can prevent any good returns and Alex can resist throwing to the other team in red then you should win without breaking too much of a sweat.

Chiefs offense can run but nobody is sure Cassel can do his thing. Weis hasn't really let him throw a whole lot for one reason or another (could be that he sucks but I'm still holding out a little hope). 9ers have to stop the run and force Cassel to throw it. This is where Willis scares me. He is a Beast!!

Chiefs Defense has bee really solid this year. The exception would be the rookie safeties (2010 1st and 5th round picks). They have gotten beaten for big gains in both games. Davis will probably, unfortunately have a big game because of this. The one thing the Chiefs been able to do that we haven't done for the past 4 years is Tackle! It's really great to be able to say that again. Gore is a tough runner so I'm hoping this stays true on Sunday.

Good luck on Sunday and good luck with the rest of your season

i give you that the chargers were expected to beat you but i think you shouldve beat the browns especially without dellhome gonna be a good game i think we clearly have the better offense but its gonna be a big battle
our run D vs your run O

whoever wins that battle will win the game because im sorry to say that cassel is not the best qb and i dont think he can move the ball at all bu air
It's away, in one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL with an upcoming team. They are 2-7 under our brilliant HC&OC in away games.

If they win, it will be a minor miracle, if anyone were to ask me..
Then the Falcons in their house...cool man..

Who knows thou, I've read numerous posts that say losing is OK especially if you put up an OK fight while doing it. So if things turn out the way they probably will, those folks can eat chips and salsa and be happy with 0-4 coz the Niners didn't just roll over. And wait, Sing will deliver another speech to the press saying how proud he is of the team that fought so hard , but just missed turning the corner..

Times have changed hugely and for the worst. From a Championship organization that only expected to win the SB and nothing else would do, to an organization and many fans who think "putting up a good fight, but losing" is OK.. Sad to the point of throwing my hands up and crying.. WTF.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
It's away, in one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL with an upcoming team. They are 2-7 under our brilliant HC&OC in away games.

Who knows thou, I've read numerous posts that say losing is OK especially if you put up an OK fight while doing it. So if things turn out the way they probably will, those folks can eat chips and salsa and be happy with 0-4 coz the Niners didn't just roll over. And wait, Sing will deliver another speech to the press saying how proud he is of the team that fought so hard , but just missed turning the corner..

Times have changed hugely and for the worst. From a Championship organization that only expected to win the SB and nothing else would do, to an organization and many fans who think "putting up a good fight, but losing" is OK.. Sad to the point of throwing my hands up and crying.. WTF.

Whoever said losing was OK needs to get there head examined as they are being concussed by osmosis.

This loss hurts. Sure we out gained them. So what? We still lost. As with any game that you lose, you evaluate. Evaluating that loss, the team comes away with what worked and what didn't. Bottom line is that we had FOUR frickin' TOs. Against the Saints, that ain't going to fly, period.

Here's another POV...even with the four TOs we almost pulled this out. That's what good teams, championship teams, do. They make serious mistakes, but pull it out in the end. The Saints did it, we didn't as our D let us down on that 1:30 drive.

I am proud of this team. I am proud of the fact that this team didn't fall flat on their face on National TV. I am proud they fought all the way to the end and so where the thousands of other fans in the stadium as we rocked the house. Pride doesn't get you anywhere though.

A win does and that's where I agree with you.

I think there is a difference between supporting your team and being complacent about your team.

I am still supporting my team!

When we come out like we did offensively against Seattle in that first half, we can take them out of their game plan, but we have to finish especially away.

That's the name of the game: FINISH!!

[ Edited by ninertico on Sep 22, 2010 at 07:56:30 ]
Originally posted by ninertico:

Whoever said losing was OK needs to get there head examined as they are being concussed by osmosis.

This loss hurts. Sure we out gained them. So what? We still loss. As with any game that you lose, you evaluate. Evaluating that loss, the team comes away with what worked and what didn't. Bottom line is that we had FOUR frickin' TOs. Against the Saints, that ain't going to fly, period.

Here's another POV...even with the four TOs we almost pulled this out. That's what good teams, championship teams, do. They make serious mistakes, but pull it out in the end. The Saints did it, we didn't as our D let us down on that 1:30 drive.

I am proud of this team. I am proud of the fact that this team didn't fall flat on their face on National TV. I am proud they fought all the way to the end and so where the thousands of other fans in the stadium as we rocked the house. Pride doesn't get you anywhere though.

A win does and that's where I agree with you.

I think there is a difference between supporting your team and being complacent about your team.

I am still supporting my team!

When we come out like we did offensively against Seattle in that first half, we can take them out of their game plan, but we have to finish especially away.

That's the name of the game: FINISH!!

If you watch the CSN Willis/Clements post-game video Willis brings that up, and says "despite the Niners making mistakes and turning the ball over to a championship team, they were still it until the very end and that shows how powerful this Niner team can be if they erase the small mistakes" ... the passion in his voice was inspiring.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/pages/ninersvideo

The team knows what they're capable of and the mistakes they made are so correctable, I know they'll fix it soon, and once they do, this team will be unstoppable.

4 MORE DAYS!!!! GO NINERRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSS

[ Edited by verb1der on Sep 22, 2010 at 08:02:31 ]

We really need to get this win...It will provide great motivation going in against the falcons

the only reason why so many of us are happy is because we took a 180 turnaround from the week 1 against seattle
Originally posted by Ajanke:
We really need to get this win...It will provide great motivation going in against the falcons

Exactly, and I bet you a lot of guys are looking for some serious payback from last years game.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

lol this commercial plays all the time where i am, i laugh everytime i see it, he's dancing while talking about dont text or drive cuz u mite die lol
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Ajanke:

Exactly, and I bet you a lot of guys are looking for some serious payback from last years game.

You mean that memorable game where Delanie Walker fumbled and Dre Bly thought he was funny doing a Neon-Deon impersonation only to fumble?
Share 49ersWebzone