There are 183 users in the forums

Screw You Raiders Broadcast Team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo63:
The Niners telecast was horrible, too. Third rate.

This. As bad as a raider homer like Greg Papa is, as well as JT The Brick, I have never seen a worse play by play man than Dennis O'donnell. Just downright terrible.
If Isaac Bruce makes it to the Hall, I really don't think the 49ers broadcast is going to mention that Bruce is one of our own. They may mention that Bruce played for the niners, but no way does that mean he is another 49er to make it to the Hall.
Lol, the raiders only have three HOFers and the third is probably Rod Woodson. That's sad considering a coach who only won one title and went in because of broadcasting and a video game is the other.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Those jokers were quite entertaining to listen to.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
If Isaac Bruce makes it to the Hall, I really don't think the 49ers broadcast is going to mention that Bruce is one of our own. They may mention that Bruce played for the niners, but no way does that mean he is another 49er to make it to the Hall.

That's because the Niners have a different set of standards...a legacy that sets them apart.
I actually liked Papa when he did the Warriors. I think he is pretty exciting. I just hate the bias, but thats what he is paid to do. If he were a 49ers announcer, Im sure we would love him.
The most HOMERIST broadcasters in the bay area have to be, Kruk and Kuip for the Giants.

I always laugh when I listen to them talk about the Giants and how nothing is wrong, everything will be fine.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I would prefer no bias especially from my own team's announcers. Call it fair.

The ecstatic cheerleader noises that those retards were making when Murphy scored before the half were a little disturbing.
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
These guys are the lamest, most biased announce team in history. It's ridiculous. I know a team's own announcers are going to be a little biased, but these guys are WAY over the top. I heard them give the Niners props about 4 times throughout the entire broadcast. Meanwhile, the raiders are getting their pubes polished after every play for positive yardage and every single call against them was considered a bad call. They even whined about the fair catch as time expired, claiming there was still one second remaining, and then sarcastically saying something along the lines of "this game needed to end, anyway," as if the raiders had been getting raped by the refs all day or something.

The thing about Rice was way out of line. How the hell can they claim a player that had Hall of Fame credentials before he ever joined their team? What a f*ckin JOKE!

These 3 idiots are the most unprofessional jackass broadcasters in the league, possibly of all time.

Dude they are like that every year. I cant believe there was not a thread opened titled "Get ready for homerism broadcasting". They praise the hell out of their team every year and put down SF all the time.

Yeah, I know, but it was on a whole new level this year.

I watched the rebroadcast with the Niners telecast.. Not anywhere near as atrocious as the raiders'.

One of the worst broadcasts ive ever heard. They just had no idea what was going on, who was starting, playing, and playing well haha.
The color guy was atrocious.
Leave it to the raiders.
Originally posted by TheAcpHater:

This. As bad as a raider homer like Greg Papa is, as well as JT The Brick, I have never seen a worse play by play man than Dennis O'donnell. Just downright terrible.

O'Donnell and Davis make the previous Niners preseason broadcast duo of Rick Kwan and Dan Foutts look like Madden and Summerall.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JedYork:

O'Donnell and Davis make the previous Niners preseason broadcast duo of Rick Kwan and Dan Foutts look like Madden and Summerall.

Dude, I love the Niners, but O'Donnell and Davis are worst than K&F. Someone has to remind Davis that we get it, he was an NFL player and he knows much more than an average fan, stop reminding us.
Originally posted by 190836:

Dude, I love the Niners, but O'Donnell and Davis are worst than K&F. Someone has to remind Davis that we get it, he was an NFL player and he knows much more than an average fan, stop reminding us.

Dude, you TOTALLY missed my simile....when a person uses the formula "A and B make C and D look like E and F" it STILL means C and D are better than A and B.

In other words, I was saying that Kwan and Fouts look like hall of famers now compared to O'donnell and Davis.
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 190836:

Dude, you TOTALLY missed my simile....when a person uses the formula "A and B make C and D look like E and F" it STILL means C and D are better than A and B.

In other words, I was saying that Kwan and Fouts look like hall of famers now compared to O'donnell and Davis.

I sure did
Share 49ersWebzone