49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 645 users in the forums

Boone or Sims?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Boone or Sims?

Sims because he's played very well against first string starters. I was surprised that he only signed a 1 year contract.

The additional media coverage hasn't made it more likely that Boone would get picked off from the practice squad. I'm pretty sure most scouts would have heard about Boone before his On The Fringe series appearances. Boone still needs more development IMO.

-9fA
Sims played like an absolute stud at left tackle for us last year when Staley went down. Still, I want Boone. We're trying to build a young team that will contend for the Superbowl year in and year out, and we're going to need quality young players for that to become a reality. Boone could be part of that, and I can tell Boone wants to be a part of that based on the work he has put in.
boone
Boone won't make the practice squad. If he doesn't make the 53 man roster, some other team will grab him. He has a lot of potential and seems focused to turn his life around. I would choose Alex Boone. You don't know for sure how much Barry Sims has left in him?
Sims is a good LT backup. Boone is practice squad.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Sims is a good LT backup. Boone is practice squad.

Very true but Sims is 35 years old. Boone has played well and is 23. I'd hate to lose him if we put him on the PS.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Sims is a good LT backup. Boone is practice squad.

The world is flat?
Keep them both, but dump Snyder. Heitman, Bass, Wragge can all do back-up duties at guard.
Don't see how anyone can go Sims if it comes down to those two. Sims isn't a starter and if Staley goes down, do you really think the odds of us winning a championship this year and the odds of Staley going down at the same time outweigh us keeping a young and developing potential stud?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
Boone, younger more upside.
Sims.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Boone, younger more upside.
Originally posted by mr_congeniality:
Keep them both, but dump Snyder. Heitman, Bass, Wragge can all do back-up duties at guard.

Give this man a cigar!
I'm easily going Boone over Sims. Boone is probably a better RT option already over Sims, but he has looked pretty good at LT.

I like Wragge as the top backup at the interior spots, so yes, keep Sims and Boone. Say g'bye to Snyder. Trade him to Seattle for a later round pick.

Or we can actually get by with keeping 10 OL this year. It is not unheard of...

Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone