LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 349 users in the forums

Article says 49ers will finish LAST in the NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I don't think last is possible

But third is possible with Alex Smith at QB.
  • ZRF80
It's funny how everyone interprets this article.

Will we finish last in the NFC West ?

No. Of course not. But not because we have the talent and skillset to win the division, but rather because there are teams that are in far worse position than us.

Lets put it this way. If the same article was written with the notion that we belonged in the NFC East, would you guys be laughing now ? Yeah, didnt think so....

It's pathetic that are our "winning" season is so much dependent on the misfortunes of others. We're highly depending on Leinart and a rookie to give us boost in the division.

Not so exciting, IMO............
It's an article opinionated on stats it's nothing more or less then that the end. It's not someone saying this player is better then that or they need Leinart to make us the favourites, it's just straight STATS and a OPINION based on those "stats".

[ Edited by Thrash88 on Aug 20, 2010 at 07:23:38 ]
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
Football Outsiders is very statistically based and is interesting to read. They are often wrong but are not afraid to go out on a limb. They also predict this year that Dallas and New Orleans will do worse than expected and that KC will be a lot better. Their ratings for fantasy football are worth looking at.

Statistics are a joke my friend. Anyone who had done anything involving statistics knows that you can skew them to say pretty much anything you want.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
Football Outsiders is very statistically based and is interesting to read. They are often wrong but are not afraid to go out on a limb. They also predict this year that Dallas and New Orleans will do worse than expected and that KC will be a lot better. Their ratings for fantasy football are worth looking at.

Statistics are a joke my friend. Anyone who had done anything involving statistics knows that you can skew them to say pretty much anything you want.

Sure you can. And if you don't have a preconceived bias, statistics can be a powerful tool to uncover unsuspected relationships, like smoking and lung cancer back in the 1950's. Statistics aren't very useful for football, and shouldn't be taken seriously, but Football Outsiders is interesting to read, IMHO.
I remember reading this article, before the season started, and thinking.... Yeah, they make some valid points, but, come on, no way the 49ers finish last.

Well, they're looking like geniuses now.

If you look at their predictions on the 49ers, everyone of them has sadly come true.

If drastic changes aren't made to improve this team, even 6 wins may have been generous.
Originally posted by WerschingMachine:
I remember reading this article, before the season started, and thinking.... Yeah, they make some valid points, but, come on, no way the 49ers finish last.

If you look at their predictions on the 49ers, everyone of them has sadly come true.

If drastic changes aren't made to improve this team, even 6 wins may have been generous.

these mother f**kers are Nostradamus
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
not 2nd not 3rd but LAST behind the Rams

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2010/08/19/another-viewpoint-football-outsiders-picks-49ers-to-finish-last-in-nfc-west/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

I really wonder how some of these sport writers have jobs

look what i found in the old zone vault

hhmmm so far this guy has made the most sense of any writter about the
2010 49ers

Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
Last in the NFC West !!!!!!!!

------

lol
Originally posted by Jabuke:

------

lol

4-12 book it!!!

Originally posted by Bobbi9698:

------

lol

4-12 book it!!!

If we do miss the playoffs again, I hope we fail like that. I don't want another 8 win season where we can go "Eeeeh, we looked promising sometimes, let's give it another year." If we lose, I wanna lose bad and clean house.
Originally posted by Bobbi9698:

------

lol

4-12 book it!!!

If we do miss the playoffs again, I hope we fail like that. I don't want another 8 win season where we can go "Eeeeh, we looked promising sometimes, let's give it another year." If we lose, I wanna lose bad and clean house.

With the mess we have now, you will get your wish...this organization is in the trash...
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I may not agree with W-L conclusions they drew, but I thought the analysis was fascinating. Of interesting note is that statistically, having the same OC does not impact QB results, and also that Smith's record passer rating last year was against bad teams mostly. Ouch.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by WerschingMachine:

these mother f**kers are Nostradamus

Note to self: Put the gun down.
Just turn the bloody ship around and win a few games and the same people will say we win the division in a waltz.
Share 49ersWebzone