LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

Article says 49ers will finish LAST in the NFC West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Shaj:
I may not agree with W-L conclusions they drew, but I thought the analysis was fascinating. Of interesting note is that statistically, having the same OC does not impact QB results, and also that Smith's record passer rating last year was against bad teams mostly. Ouch.

Eddie D would have fired Singletary in a sec
It seems pretty obvious by now doesn't it?
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
not 2nd not 3rd but LAST behind the Rams

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2010/08/19/another-viewpoint-football-outsiders-picks-49ers-to-finish-last-in-nfc-west/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

I really wonder how some of these sport writers have jobs

Probably true. Told my son the same thing.
Originally posted by WestCoast:
I may not agree with W-L conclusions they drew, but I thought the analysis was fascinating. Of interesting note is that statistically, having the same OC does not impact QB results, and also that Smith's record passer rating last year was against bad teams mostly. Ouch.

Eddie D woulda never hired Singletary
Yeah, before the season FO predicted we would go 6-10. That was their prediction that most of you laughed at. Based on the way we have played so far, FO projects a mean of 4.9 wins and a 1.8% chance of making the playoffs. 1.8%!
Bill Barnwell, of Football Outsiders, was on the Damon Bruce Show this afternoon, talking about 49ers.

podcast Damon Bruce Show
Can't really find any prove to disagree with.
PDF people were also crowning the Broncos after their 7
6-0 start
Originally posted by JohnnyMo49:

Oh really. Who hired Pete McCulley and Fred O''Connor, then?
The Rams have a possible QB that can win a Super Bowl at some point---and the Niners don't----so no matter the won loss record this season---the Rams have probably jumped ahead of the Niners in terms of developing a future winner.

We will have another chance next draft to rectify the Niners.

That could have been a possibility if the Rams were not in the same division.

I like the new OC philosophy in that he plans to find each players strength (specifically Smith) and work with it.

Now if Singletary would only let the OC do his job and STOP insisting on this "Smash Mouth" approach, maybe they can get somewhere.

The Smash Mouth approach worked in the olden days when some teams had smaller defensive units that could be pushed around. But in today's NFL the emphasis is on having big and fast defensive players.

What you end up with is basically a stalemate. Add to that an unproven QB and the opponent will most definitely defend against the run, unless the QB can prove them wrong.
Anything's possible...but somehow I doubt it. Some reporters love to predict gloom & doom after just 3 games. I'm not buying it...Seattle and the Rams look to have improved...jury's out on 'Zona. However, if Niners play up to their capabilities, we'll still win the NFC West. Realize that's a pretty big "if" at this point, but still well within their abilities.
Originally posted by English:

Joe Thomas hired them sir -- not Eddie D.

Now -- in all fairness -- Eddie D. DID -- in fact -- HIRE Joe Thomas to run the team as General Manager. It was -- in fact -- the first hire that a young Eddie D. made -- at the recommendation of Raiders owners Al Davis.

Thomas came with a great reputation for building winners. But he eventually got tagged with the unfortunate name of "Captain Bligh" after committing a series of blunders. His first was firing Head Coach Monte Clarke -- who had compiled a winning record in 1976. Clarke's "Gold Rush" defenses were breaking sack records back in the day. Yet he was canned after an 8-6 season.

Thomas then hired Ken Meyer -- fired him after one season -- then hired and fired Pete McCulley. He also made the rather unfortunate decision to trade away two years worth of high draft picks for a used up OJ Simpson.

Captain Bligh's final move was to replace McCulley with Fred O'Connor at the mid-point of that fateful, terrible, 2-14 1978 season. Captain Bligh and O'Connor were -- in turn -- fired by a disgusted Eddie D. at the completion of the 1978 season.

That is when Eddie D. turned to the college ranks and hired a coach by the name of Bill Walsh.

The rest is history. And that -- sir -- is the true story.

LMAO
Originally posted by mufasa76:

LMAO

This information is incorrect and is tainting the once glorious name of Edward DeBartolo Jr. -- aka -- our beloved Eddie D.

Mods! Action is needed in this thread!
Share 49ersWebzone