Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 597 users in the forums

Do you trust Dixon or M-Rob to Start if Gore is Injured?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Do you trust Dixon or M-Rob to Start if Gore is Injured?

Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by susweel:
I will take Dixon even though I have never seen him play.

Now that sounds like an informed opinion...

I'll take Dixon because I HAVE seen Robinson play.

Best bet, though, is to get another experienced RB like Westbrook or Lynch on the team.
Dixon cuz he's a beast in madden !!!!!!!!!!!
So far Robinson hasn't proven that he can fill in for Gore. If Dixon can't, then the Niners will have to sign a veteran RB............
Lets see how preseason go first.
Well see how Dixon does.

I don't see how Dixon is any better than Coffee was last year. We are asking for s**t to happen if we expect everything to be fine. If this s**t happens again and Gore goes down and our running game becomes irrelevent it's going to be the coaches fault for not going out and getting somone. We have NO depth at rb right now with a raw rookie rb and Robinson who shouldn't even be called a rb.
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
M-Rob can block and is an OK pass rusher




Originally posted by nickbradley:
but don't expect him to pick up more than two yards, tops.

His career average is 3.4YPC on 289 carries....

That's a horrible average, and believe it or not, it's actually inflated due to some special teams trickery. He SUCKS as a RB. The man is on the team strictly for special teams and it needs to stay that way.
NO.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
If Frank Gore gets injured/banged up again, I personally don't trust either M-Rob or Dixon to start. M-Rob can block and is an OK pass blocker, but don't expect him to pick up more than two yards, tops.

I'd like to keep both and pick up a veteran that can start if called upon. An intriguing option in my book would be Marshawn Lynch, who Buffalo is looking to unload. Either a conditional 4th, 5th, or 6th round pick would seal the deal.



I wannna Marshawn Lynch because he is very good at Rb.. If Buffalo is looking to unload for a conditional 4th or 5th or 6th round pick that would steal the deal.. plssss... We need Lynch right now!! Come on.. Trust me bro!!!
This team is dead if Gore goes down.
If our Line problems have been addressed, I don't see how either player will have any difficulties totin the rock.

MRob is a better Back than he gets credit for. I just wish that instead of inviting contact, that he would run smarter. This is my only issue with him. I've seen the guy actually run to the upfield defenders. Sometimes this is a good thing. To take away the closing speed lessens the force of the hit and he can run through them. But add a few more tacklers and this is creating your own stop.

I don't know much about Dixon but the only thing I can say about him is that Sing got on him about keeping the ball up. Running with the ball low can cause your own fumble as much as the opponent can cause it. Especially if it's at hip level and you have to change direction to break tackles the ball hits your hip and plop right to the ground. If Dixon fixes this I see no reason that he can't run effectively.

I think too much is being made of this to tell ya the truth. is Glen Coffee anyway? The 2nd coming of Wendell Tyler?

He had just as many issues and was a 2nd year player. He might have gotten a sense that his days on this team were numbered and "retired" just to stay healthy and ready for someone elses' team. That's just speculation.

But it has no impact on MRob or Dixon other than moving them up the depth chart. That's if Coffee was truly RB2. I doubt that if his position were carved in stone that he would have "retired".

Just pisses me off that we wasted time on that guy and Sheets wasn't the guy last year. Would have liked to have that guy since he was the change of pace Runner to Gore. Coffee was carbon copy.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by 49erRider:
That's a horrible average, and believe it or not, it's actually inflated due to some special teams trickery. He SUCKS as a RB. The man is on the team strictly for special teams and it needs to stay that way.

Ummmmmm NO, ST numbers do not get mixed in with Rushing stats.

3.4 yards is a pretty good average considering how little he got called on. He had a few big Runs and THAT is why his YPC average is that high.

Also I'm going to point out that the Line is just as responsible for bad YPC averages as they can be for good ones.

But I'll defer to your supreme intellect when it comes to analyzing stats.

~Ceadder
At this point, I think it would be hard to have too much confidence in either. Dixon is about to get his first taste of NFL action tomorrow, and Robinson has been ok in the past, but I don't think he would really keep defensive coordinators up at night. I think we could grab a FA like a few have suggested, but let's see what happens with the guys we have tomorrow.
  • PaulW
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 259
Don't know enough about Dixon, but do not trust M-Rob at RB.
If we plan on doing anything in the playoffs then they need to sign another RB. I think gore will play all 16 games this season and hopefully we can clinch the division and rest him at the end of the season because he will be worn down come playoff time if he's the only RB.
Picks like Mike Robinson just make me scratch my head
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone