There are 197 users in the forums

Mini Camp Thread - (June 17-18)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by Slash49:
Quote:
Bowman middle blitz, in backfld to tap gore

tweet from Phil Barber

I'm excited about this Bowman kid. Very intriguing prospect. Could be diamond in the rough, a real bad ass.

I think a few teams had him rated pretty high on their draft boards, i think I read dallas was big on him.
Quote:
Alex Smith has mostly looked sharp. He's been off on deep throws, incl the one on which Brown was shaken up. Ginn also dropped a 45 yarder.

so... not much's changed?
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Quote:

tweet from Phil Barber

I'm excited about this Bowman kid. Very intriguing prospect. Could be diamond in the rough, a real bad ass.

I think a few teams had him rated pretty high on their draft boards, i think I read dallas was big on him.

Apparently Dallas rated him as a first round talent, i think they didn't take him cause they had Sean Lee rated higher???
Quote:
Smoothest punt returner, at least today: Williams
Quote:
Smoothest punt returner, at least today: Williams

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Spencer and Lawson both unhappy about their contracts..

Yeah where did you hear Spencer is unhappy with his contract

Barrows
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/05/niners-kick-off.html

So NOW why is SPENCER unhappy???? You know this is BS. You signed an extension dude and now you're unhappy? I'm so over this. You f**king can't have it both ways. You can't sign a deal early in your career, suddenly become unhappy and miss practices because you're not happy with the deal mid-point through the contract? REALLY?

If you don't like the deal (extension) DON'T f**kING SIGN. Sorry for being pissed off but just tired of this foolishness. 49ers need to look for replacements in the secondary and on the DL. Tired of greedy players who haven't really proved anything but being able to be an 8-8 squad. Spencer has been to how many pro-bowls?
Thought so.

I agree 100 percent with what your saying. However, I also think the Niners orginazation messed up by passing out too much money to unproven players like Haralson and Brooks. Some of the vets that have been around are now saying to themselves, WTF? I could see how a guy like Lawson would feel burned when he is making less cheddar than Haralson (the bust) and Brooks. It's one thing to extend guys like Willis and Staley. It's a whole other thing to pay guys who have only shown promise over a half of season.... I think thats one of the reasons we will have a lot of trouble signing Goldson. He wants to be paid like a perennial probowler when he has only had one probowl like season.
Quote:

tweet from Phil Barber

How is he a diamond in the rough? If it weren't for off the field issues he would probably would have been a late 1st early 2nd. Everyone knew he had talent, they just questioned his issues. The 3rd round, where he was drafted, is hardly the "rough."

A "diamond in the rough" would be someone whose skills and talents are questionable and not projected to be that great on the next level (e.g., Tom Brady), so they are drafted late or not drafted at all.
Quote:

tweet from Phil Barber

He was the best defensive player on a very good Penn State team and defense (that also had Jared Odrick and Sean Lee). Went back and watched the 2009 Rose Bowl- USC vs Penn State. Bowman was the best defensive player on the field for both sides, IMO. Brian Cushing, Clay Matthews, Rey Mulaga and Aaron Maybin were on te field. Bowman just stood out! He is such a good tackler and really has a nice burst and instincts.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Quote:

tweet from Phil Barber

How is he a diamond in the rough? If it weren't for off the field issues he would probably would have been a late 1st early 2nd. Everyone knew he had talent, they just questioned his issues. The 3rd round, where he was drafted, is hardly the "rough."

A "diamond in the rough" would be someone whose skills and talents are questionable and not projected to be that great on the next level (e.g., Tom Brady), so they are drafted late or not drafted at all.

He was projected to go in the 2nd rd and even saw him going 1st rd in some mock drafts. Obviously he fell due to some off the field issues and supposedly he bombed at the combine in interviews with a lot of NFL teams.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Barrows
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/49ers/archives/2010/05/niners-kick-off.html

So NOW why is SPENCER unhappy???? You know this is BS. You signed an extension dude and now you're unhappy? I'm so over this. You f**king can't have it both ways. You can't sign a deal early in your career, suddenly become unhappy and miss practices because you're not happy with the deal mid-point through the contract? REALLY?

If you don't like the deal (extension) DON'T f**kING SIGN. Sorry for being pissed off but just tired of this foolishness. 49ers need to look for replacements in the secondary and on the DL. Tired of greedy players who haven't really proved anything but being able to be an 8-8 squad. Spencer has been to how many pro-bowls?
Thought so.

I agree 100 percent with what your saying. However, I also think the Niners orginazation messed up by passing out too much money to unproven players like Haralson and Brooks. Some of the vets that have been around are now saying to themselves, WTF? I could see how a guy like Lawson would feel burned when he is making less cheddar than Haralson (the bust) and Brooks. It's one thing to extend guys like Willis and Staley. It's a whole other thing to pay guys who have only shown promise over a half of season.... I think thats one of the reasons we will have a lot of trouble signing Goldson. He wants to be paid like a perennial probowler when he has only had one probowl like season.

Haralson and Brooks did not get blockbuster deals. I really dont think much of it.

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Quote:

tweet from Phil Barber

He was the best defensive player on a very good Penn State team and defense (that also had Jared Odrick and Sean Lee). Went back and watched the 2009 Rose Bowl- USC vs Penn State. Bowman was the best defensive player on the field for both sides, IMO. Brian Cushing, Clay Matthews, Rey Mulaga and Aaron Maybin were on te field. Bowman just stood out! He is such a good tackler and really has a nice burst and instincts.

Agreed.

The funny thing is that so many people on these boards were scratching their heads about the pick just because they hadn't heard of the guy, where in reality, he was a big steal by the Niners. The kid has talent.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
N u know I gotta salute my general @mysonne1 ... Him n them BX goon sqaud niggas had NY on smash last nite for his BDAY... We onnnnn !!!

I live in Oakland, home of the movement to make ebonics a recognized dialect in classrooms and I'm still like WTF.........LOL
MaioccoCSN The guys handling punts aren't exactly in mid-season form. Each had his share of bobbles. And practice concludes.
Quote:
And practice concludes.

can't wait for the morning breakdowns from all 3 beat-"typers"
  • kkweb
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Barrows

Thought so.

I disagree with you that they are giving too much money to both Haralson and Brooks. When Haralson got his contract extension, wasn't he coming off an 8 sack season? Maybe they jumped the gun with his contract extension but it's not like they gave him a ridiculous contract. He's not making the 6 or 7 mill a year which is in the range of what Manny is asking for. Brooks got a 2 year contract worth about 2 million a year, again nothing big especially if he has a breakout year. What we don't know is how much Manny is looking for. Speculations have him wanting about 7 or 8 million a year or so, which is huge considering Paralson and Brooks are making about 5 million combined this coming year. I don't fault Manny for wanting a new contract, but the compensation he is looking for far exceeds what we have given to Brooks or Haralson, it is closer to Willis money which is ridiculous IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone