LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 135 users in the forums

Mini Camp Thread - (June 17-18)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Phillip Adams, first draft pick signed. 4 year deal.

Championship.

You know it!
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Quote:
CB Phillip Adams made his first pick in practice, catching the ball after it deflected off Ted Ginn's hands

we're f**ked
QB gauge of the day: Smith is throwing with 'too-much' zip under 10-yard situations, Carr has no zip (period), and Nate Davis is capitalizing upon first-team reps.

I really think (as Maiocco had mentioned months back) management is pushing Nate Davis to win the #2 spot this season, no way in hell Carr remains #2 if Nate Davis has another productive preseason showing.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
QB gauge of the day: Smith is throwing with 'too-much' zip under 10-yard situations, Carr has no zip (period), and Nate Davis is capitalizing upon first-team reps.

I really think (as Maiocco had mentioned months back) management is pushing Nate Davis to win the #2 spot this season, no way in hell Carr remains #2 if Nate Davis has another productive preseason showing.

I disagree and I don't think it is even a lock Nate Davis makes the team. If Jarrett Brown has a nice camp and pre-season don't be suprised if he makes it over Davis as I heard some in the orginization feel he has more upside and long term value than Nate Davis. Also remember Mike Johnson is a hgue fan of Brown and has known him for several years and Brown signed with the 49ers over a few other teams because of his relationship with Mike Johnson. There were some people who felt Jarrett Brown had the quickest release of any QB in the draft and a lot of people said he was a poor man's Michael Vick (talking early 2000's Michael Vick)

Smith throws the ball so damn hard, because our defense is so darn quick. Remember, Favre has nearly broken his WR's fingers just to get them the ball.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

I disagree and I don't think it is even a lock Nate Davis makes the team. If Jarrett Brown has a nice camp and pre-season don't be suprised if he makes it over Davis as I heard some in the orginization feel he has more upside and long term value than Nate Davis. Also remember Mike Johnson is a hgue fan of Brown and has known him for several years and Brown signed with the 49ers over a few other teams because of his relationship with Mike Johnson. There were some people who felt Jarrett Brown had the quickest release of any QB in the draft and a lot of people said he was a poor man's Michael Vick (talking early 2000's Michael Vick)

Jarrett Brown will be in the practice squad and we don't have to worry about any other team taking the guy. Nate Davis, IMO, has a stronger arm and better vision. He also has better accuracy down the field. One more thing that may be essential to Nate being on the roster is that Mike Singletary seems to be very high on him.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:

*facepalm* This post is just... ughh I'm not gonna waste my time arguing your s**tty/knowledge-lacking points.
Could you guys learn to include which reporter that you're getting these tweets from? Sorry, but its kind of my pet peeve of mine. Its like plagiarism.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Quote:
CB Phillip Adams made his first pick in practice, catching the ball after it deflected off Ted Ginn's hands

So Ted Ginn couldn't keep his hands on it...is OTA's. He be just fine.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
N u know I gotta salute my general @mysonne1 ... Him n them BX goon sqaud niggas had NY on smash last nite for his BDAY... We onnnnn !!!

I live in Oakland, home of the movement to make ebonics a recognized dialect in classrooms and I'm still like WTF.........LOL

At first, I thought it was BuzzB28...but yeah, that's a tough one to comprehend.

Originally posted by mcbaes72:
N u know I gotta salute my general @mysonne1 ... Him n them BX goon sqaud niggas had NY on smash last nite for his BDAY... We onnnnn !!!

I live in Oakland, home of the movement to make ebonics a recognized dialect in classrooms and I'm still like WTF.........LOL

At first, I thought it was BuzzB28...but yeah, that's a tough one to comprehend.

Originally posted by mcbaes72:

I already explained it... I was just copying tweets as they came in, I accidentally copied a tweet from The Game.

I would consider my own grammar to be quite adequate and comprehensible.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by Slash49:
Quote:
Bowman middle blitz, in backfld to tap gore

tweet from Phil Barber

I'm excited about this Bowman kid. Very intriguing prospect. Could be diamond in the rough, a real bad ass.

How is he a diamond in the rough? If it weren't for off the field issues he would probably would have been a late 1st early 2nd. Everyone knew he had talent, they just questioned his issues. The 3rd round, where he was drafted, is hardly the "rough."

A "diamond in the rough" would be someone whose skills and talents are questionable and not projected to be that great on the next level (e.g., Tom Brady), so they are drafted late or not drafted at all.

Another definition of diamond in the rough would be somebody whose skills and talents at blitzing/rushing the QB/pass rush are not projected to be the great at the next level. In other words, although the word is (and was pre-draft ) that Bowman's skill set was expected to translate best at the next level into playing inside, sideline to sideline and in coverage and generally not getting up the field he could turn out to be a diamond in the rough playing outside, blitzing, getting up the field and getting after the QB.

This is why he is an intriguing prospect...I think he has the **potential** to supplant Lawson and be the pass rusher we have been looking for, which is (like Mckillop) something I don't think a whole lot of people would have expected from him coming out of college.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Hmm Cody Wallace, 3rd string center huh?

Well that's the death knell. Wragge is a bigger bruiser of a player and IMHO would be a better center.

does Wragge know what blocking schemes to call for situations?
Originally posted by ninerdaddy:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Hmm Cody Wallace, 3rd string center huh?

Well that's the death knell. Wragge is a bigger bruiser of a player and IMHO would be a better center.

does Wragge know what blocking schemes to call for situations?

The writing is on the wall for Wallace. Wragge can do your job and his own. Especially with 2 rooks waiting to unseat snyder and bass, there won't be room for him on this team...

... ring... ring... ring.. the denver broncos are calling!
Share 49ersWebzone