49ers vs. Broncos Tickets Available! →

There are 542 users in the forums

49ers | Giving McCloughan leave of absence

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Just because one person says so doesn't make it so. And even if so it's the DORKS who hired him, the DORKS who retained him and the DORKS who kept him for so long. So if this was happening it's the DORKS fault for sticking with it for so long.

Somebody must have been drunk when they picked Balmer.

did john or jed york bang your sister or something? jesus christ dude get off their dicks. i don't think i've ever seen you have a positive comment about them. if they're spending money its foolish. if they aren't it's cheap. if they hire someone and he f**ks up its their fault for hiring them in the first place. if they don't hire someone they're idiots for not hiring them. and on and on.

let it go bro. lots of peoples sisters get double teamed. its not like she didn't get anything out of it

The best way would have been to fire Scot M. at the beginning of the offseason and hire Holmgren. That's what I would have done.

But Holmgren was a terrible GM, there had to be better candidates for the job. I get the nostalgia aspect of it, but I am not convinced he would be any better than Scott was.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Just because one person says so doesn't make it so. And even if so it's the DORKS who hired him, the DORKS who retained him and the DORKS who kept him for so long. So if this was happening it's the DORKS fault for sticking with it for so long.

Somebody must have been drunk when they picked Balmer.

did john or jed york bang your sister or something? jesus christ dude get off their dicks. i don't think i've ever seen you have a positive comment about them. if they're spending money its foolish. if they aren't it's cheap. if they hire someone and he f**ks up its their fault for hiring them in the first place. if they don't hire someone they're idiots for not hiring them. and on and on.

let it go bro. lots of peoples sisters get double teamed. its not like she didn't get anything out of it

The best way would have been to fire Scot M. at the beginning of the offseason and hire Holmgren. That's what I would have done.

But Holmgren was a terrible GM, there had to be better candidates for the job. I get the nostalgia aspect of it, but I am not convinced he would be any better than Scott was.

He's better than Scot at talent evaluation. We also could have convinced Shannahan to be a GM if we piad him enough. Either are better than Balke or Scot M.
Damn, I had my heart set on hookers and blow.


I hope he gets the help he needs to beat his addiction. Kinda makes you wonder if the Niners gave him a chance to get his act together.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Damn, I had my heart set on hookers and blow.


I hope he gets the help he needs to beat his addiction. Kinda makes you wonder if the Niners gave him a chance to get his act together.

How do you know it's true? It never ceases to amaze me how people just jump right on board when 1 person says something totally without any evidence, proof or backing.

One persons opinion means nothing. It's that persons guess.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Mar 26, 2010 at 18:04:46 ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Damn, I had my heart set on hookers and blow.


I hope he gets the help he needs to beat his addiction. Kinda makes you wonder if the Niners gave him a chance to get his act together.

How do you know it's true? It never ceases to amaze me how people just jump right on board when 1 person says something totally without any evidence, proof or backing.

One persons opinion means nothing. It's that persons guess.


So you're saying I could be right after all??? YA for Hookers and Blow!!!!


Relax guy. Honestly, I could care less about this whole deal, hence the hookers and blow comment. Why do you care anyway? Are you the opinion police round here? Or are you just looking out for Scotty's rep all of a sudden?

It doesn't matter why Scotty's gone IMO. He's gone and now we can blame Baalke when the team's draft picks don't pan out.
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Damn, I had my heart set on hookers and blow.


I hope he gets the help he needs to beat his addiction. Kinda makes you wonder if the Niners gave him a chance to get his act together.

How do you know it's true? It never ceases to amaze me how people just jump right on board when 1 person says something totally without any evidence, proof or backing.

One persons opinion means nothing. It's that persons guess.


So you're saying I could be right after all??? YA for Hookers and Blow!!!!


Relax guy. Honestly, I could care less about this whole deal, hence the hookers and blow comment. Why do you care anyway? Are you the opinion police round here? Or are you just looking out for Scotty's rep all of a sudden?

It doesn't matter why Scotty's gone IMO. He's gone and now we can blame Baalke when the team's draft picks don't pan out.

lol
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Damn, I had my heart set on hookers and blow.


I hope he gets the help he needs to beat his addiction. Kinda makes you wonder if the Niners gave him a chance to get his act together.

How do you know it's true? It never ceases to amaze me how people just jump right on board when 1 person says something totally without any evidence, proof or backing.

One persons opinion means nothing. It's that persons guess.


So you're saying I could be right after all??? YA for Hookers and Blow!!!!


Relax guy. Honestly, I could care less about this whole deal, hence the hookers and blow comment. Why do you care anyway? Are you the opinion police round here? Or are you just looking out for Scotty's rep all of a sudden?

It doesn't matter why Scotty's gone IMO. He's gone and now we can blame Baalke when the team's draft picks don't pan out.

lol


Like that? I thought it was kinda funny myself.....
I can't fully hate on a man who enjoys his alcohol.
This thread title sounds a little gay.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by Method:
Said McCloughan missed meetings at the combine and showed up drunk to a couple. His personal problem is alcoholism.

Damn.

That explains Balmer, Bass, Snyder, and Alex Smith being drafted where they were.

No offense but your opinion is laughable.

I would get into it again but I'll just do this instead:



Moving on.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by susweel:
To bad they kicked Damon Bruce off of KNBR 680. Dude was just too honest and harsh on the local teams. I enjoyed his radio but apparently the local teams got tired of him bashing them. I know he is on 1050, but its very hard to reception for that station.

I don't know they kicked him off. He did move to 1050 after all. I think that he was tired of being shut down in the evenings since San Francisco is a 3 sport community. Everytime I caught him on 680, he only had short periods of time to have a serious program. The rest of the time(on the average mind you) he was off air. That can't be good when you're trying to make a name for yourself like Murph and Mac have done.

I think the people that are @$$ sore over DB, don't really listen to what the man said at all. Cause he makes valid points when he speaks of management(at any level) and how they address their franchises.

I mean since Bonds "retired" what did the Giants do? What big bat did they look for over the last 3 years? Panda is great but he needs support and protection in the order.

The 9ers? Please tell me they've addressed the ONE area that needed it the most. The OLine. I've heard him say stuff in regards to Alex that MANY of the same people that take a dump on DB completely agree with. And heard him say things that go the other way as well as those that are straight down the middle "don't know" standpoints.

I'm no Warriors fan at all, but I'd like to know where DBruce was wrong in what he's said about them. They got Nelly for a PR standpoint and every time they get someone who is credible and have to pay them a reasonable contract they move on. It's been that way since before Chamberlain. Is it any wonder why their management is selling the team?

I would like to find a link to this program broadcast where he drops bombs on Scottie, before I give an opinion on it. But from where I sit, DBruce does a heck of a job making people THINK. That's what he's sposed to do. That's why he has a program and the rest of us do not.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Mar 26, 2010 at 18:53:25 ]
you would be drinking too if you had to rely on Alex every year to justify your job.

poor guy.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
told ya he was Clueless damn drunk
probably would of drafted a kicker in the 1st round if he still was in charge

am soooooo glad he is long gone

want a shot of vodka Scot???


Wow, are you for real? Look in the the mirror and you will see clueless.
If it is true that McCloughan is an alcoholic, then I hope he finds a way to overcome it. I wanted him gone for a long time but not like this.
Originally posted by PaulW:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Is he a reliable source of info?

No, he's one of those guys that just yells to yell. He's as clueless if not more so than your average caller into sports talk radio.

I'm not a fan of Damon Bruce, but I highly doubt he would present this as fact on the radio, especially KNBR, if he didn't have a reliable source.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone