LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Coaches we need to replace?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
With Foerster replaced by Solari, the club has really upgraded its OL coaching position. Insofar as other coaches who need to go, I'm now satisfied with the current staff. Now let's go get a couple of horses for Solari to coach-up.
Originally posted by jimbagg:
With Foerster replaced by Solari, the club has really upgraded its OL coaching position. Insofar as other coaches who need to go, I'm now satisfied with the current staff. Now let's go get a couple of horses for Solari to coach-up.

I'm really curious to see if hiring Solari will result in certain players improving, such as Chilo Rachal. It might all come down to coaching with some of the younger players. This is going to be a very interesting development, since our offensive line is going to make or break our 2010 season. Alex Smith, with time, can move the offense pretty well. With adequate blocking, Gore is one of the top running backs in the NFL. We've got the pieces now...with a bunch more coming via the upcoming draft. If Solari gets our line in tip top shape, this may be our year.
Originally posted by Chico:
Quote:

You keep blaming Sully but put no blame on the players themselves. There are loads of players who consistently drop passes every year (see Owens, Terrell as a prime example) yet the WR's coach is not fired for this. In the end Sully is doing his job and Morgan and Crabtree are 2 prime examples as judged by their development.

"When your team is not winning, you don't fire the players, YOU FIRE THE COACH!"

no, you cut/relase players when they dont perform, same as coaches, its not all on the coaches to get them to play, they need to do it themseleves also.

I agree...i feel much more comfortable with Solari with us. Good track record and pedigree. RT with one of our picks and our line can be one of the best in the West, if not thee best!!!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erluv415:

I agree...i feel much more comfortable with Solari with us. Good track record and pedigree. RT with one of our picks and our line can be one of the best in the West, if not thee best!!!

I agree too!
Chris Forester - O-Line
Jerry Sullivan - WR
Mike Johnson - QB coach

Year after year, these positions fail to produce. Eventually, we have to blame the coaches. I'm giving Jimmy Raye one more year to see what he can do. My biggest question is why we continue to keep Jerry Sullivan when our receivers continuously drop balls?

Thoughts? other position coaches you can think of?

Johnson? Really? He's only been with the team for a year and is widely considered an up and coming coaching talent around the league. Now, I don't KNOW this first hand, but that's what I've read.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Chris Forester - O-Line
Jerry Sullivan - WR
Mike Johnson - QB coach

Year after year, these positions fail to produce. Eventually, we have to blame the coaches. I'm giving Jimmy Raye one more year to see what he can do. My biggest question is why we continue to keep Jerry Sullivan when our receivers continuously drop balls?

Johnson? Really? He's only been with the team for a year and is widely considered an up and coming coaching talent around the league. Now, I don't KNOW this first hand, but that's what I've read.

not sure either...AS better be a stud next year or else...
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Chris Forester - O-Line
Jerry Sullivan - WR
Mike Johnson - QB coach

not sure either...AS better be a stud next year or else...

Or else what ? You'll start another thread ?

Mike johnson needs to be replaced?

really?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Mike johnson needs to be replaced?

really?

Yes. Or else Chico said.....or else.

Share 49ersWebzone