LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

Jason Hill " Bruce never spoke to me "

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Bruce has never really seemed like an extrovert who loves to make friends. Hill was trying to take his job... Bruce never really seemed too happy to be on the niners. Seemed like he needed a little more cash before retirement, so he had to come here cause the Rams didn't want him. He was very odd with the media.
And to think?, Bruce was brought here for his veteran leadership and to be a mentor for the younger WR's on the the team, if he truly wants to coach the Rams WR's, he blew it IMO by not sharing his experience with his 49er teammates of 2 seasons..well see ya later then Bruce, thanks for nothing
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Jason Hill is one of my fav players on the team, and I have been saying he should start opposite of Crabtree........that be said

F all of u who are talking sh1t about Bruce....you are the same type of "fans" who turn their backs on former 9ers like it is nothing...

again, for those that are saying F'Bruce... F'u, you an't nothing compared to that future HOF.

I have been one of the biggest Alex critics these past couple of years, but you won't see me write "F'u Alex" if he is ever gone.

f**k Bruce, and f**k Afrika

yah yah I said it.

that's cute.......could've stuck with Afrikan....but you had to say a whole continent, or imply (maybe you love Africa but not Afrika hmm).....I wonder if you can even point out the continent on a map.

I'm just messing with you man. I love Afrika but I just can't seem to find it on a map.

I presumed that with the "yah yah I said it." part....but at the same time, gota stick up for the motherland

here is your map.
Jason Hill is one of my fav players on the team, and I have been saying he should start opposite of Crabtree........that be said

F all of u who are talking sh1t about Bruce....you are the same type of "fans" who turn their backs on former 9ers like it is nothing...

again, for those that are saying F'Bruce... F'u, you an't nothing compared to that future HOF.

I have been one of the biggest Alex critics these past couple of years, but you won't see me write "F'u Alex" if he is ever gone.

f**k Bruce, and f**k Afrika

yah yah I said it.

that's cute.......could've stuck with Afrikan....but you had to say a whole continent, or imply (maybe you love Africa but not Afrika hmm).....I wonder if you can even point out the continent on a map.

I'm just messing with you man. I love Afrika but I just can't seem to find it on a map.

I presumed that with the "yah yah I said it." part....but at the same time, gota stick up for the motherland

here is your map.

Originally posted by AZ9er:
I never warmed up to Bruce. He is and always will be a Ram. I go to all the games, and I refused to yell Bruuuuuce when he caught a pass. That was what the Rams fans did. NOT the Niners fans. I mean, come on, yelling that at Candlestick was a travesty.
oh well
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Cool it guys. No need to get all bent out of shape about this.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Quote:
While hampered recently by an ankle injury, he has helped the team by mentoring rookie wide receiver Michael Crabtree. Crabtree famously held out for the first six games of the season, a move that certainly would not endear a rookie to established veterans. Yet Bruce has embraced both the talented rookie and his role as mentor.

“Whenever someone gets promoted, or someone gets a new job there is always going to be mentors around. There are going to be positive mentors and there are going to be negative mentors. You just have to make sure you pick the positive ones. When I came into the league, there were guys here to help me as far as being a professional. Helped me with my route running ability, learning defenses, and learning coverages. So any time I get the opportunity, be it a first round pick or a rookie free agent, I share my knowledge with those guys because who is to say 10 or 15 years down the road they may be there when my son or one of my nephews are in the NFL trying to learn from them.

Link #1

Quote:
Morgan said Bruce has earned all the limelight he can get. Beyond the yardage totals, the veteran has worked behind the scenes to show Morgan, Crabtree and countless others what it means to be in the NFL. Quarterback Alex Smith has seen Bruce's professor role in action, too.

"I think it's the little things with him that are just as impressive," Smith said. "To see him hustle and block downfield during practice, I think he really sets the tone for a lot of those guys out there. The unselfishness that he has is remarkable."

Morgan said: "He's a mentor. He's a friend. He's everything Coach Singletary wants us to be."

Link #2

Sad that we have 9er fans who are as bitter as Jason Hill and can't get over the fact that Bruce was a Ram for many years. Rice was a Raider and a Seahawk but he gets a pass however Bruce does not. Nice double standard.

I appreciate having been able to watch one of the greatest WR's in Isaac Bruce play the game both in St.Louis and in San Fran. I am thankful that he helped the young receivers on this team who wanted to be helped (and there are more documentations of this). And unlike some classless fans I thank Isaac Bruce not berate or hate on him.

Way to stay classy 49er fans
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Lol ...... Taken from PFT , they quoted a article from Usa Today about hill talking about the influence Bruce had on him.

Bruce went on radio stating he'd be interested in coaching the Rams WR's once he retires.

Bruce always seemed arogant , could be he had his favorites

I think Hill is just bitter that he doesn't see any playing time. It may be another attempt to have the 49ers release him, so he can actually contribute on another team.

well now he and Jones will get some playing time
funny how bruce would be a hero if we made the playoffs.....way to go whiner talk

what with Hill. He can't play so he blames Bruce. Seems to me Bruce smelled a rat and troublemaker from day 1
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Quote:
While hampered recently by an ankle injury, he has helped the team by mentoring rookie wide receiver Michael Crabtree. Crabtree famously held out for the first six games of the season, a move that certainly would not endear a rookie to established veterans. Yet Bruce has embraced both the talented rookie and his role as mentor.

“Whenever someone gets promoted, or someone gets a new job there is always going to be mentors around. There are going to be positive mentors and there are going to be negative mentors. You just have to make sure you pick the positive ones. When I came into the league, there were guys here to help me as far as being a professional. Helped me with my route running ability, learning defenses, and learning coverages. So any time I get the opportunity, be it a first round pick or a rookie free agent, I share my knowledge with those guys because who is to say 10 or 15 years down the road they may be there when my son or one of my nephews are in the NFL trying to learn from them.

Link #1

Quote:
Morgan said Bruce has earned all the limelight he can get. Beyond the yardage totals, the veteran has worked behind the scenes to show Morgan, Crabtree and countless others what it means to be in the NFL. Quarterback Alex Smith has seen Bruce's professor role in action, too.

"I think it's the little things with him that are just as impressive," Smith said. "To see him hustle and block downfield during practice, I think he really sets the tone for a lot of those guys out there. The unselfishness that he has is remarkable."

Morgan said: "He's a mentor. He's a friend. He's everything Coach Singletary wants us to be."

Link #2

Sad that we have 9er fans who are as bitter as Jason Hill and can't get over the fact that Bruce was a Ram for many years. Rice was a Raider and a Seahawk but he gets a pass however Bruce does not. Nice double standard.

I appreciate having been able to watch one of the greatest WR's in Isaac Bruce play the game both in St.Louis and in San Fran. I am thankful that he helped the young receivers on this team who wanted to be helped (and there are more documentations of this). And unlike some classless fans I thank Isaac Bruce not berate or hate on him.

Way to stay classy 49er fans

can i get a pwned ?
It seems that its a coach's decision that JHill and BJones can't get on the field on game days other than special teams...that coach would be Sullivan and/or Sing ???

JHill just can't seem to come into camp healthy or he tweaks a hammy/ankle/leg and sits out and as Coach Sing have alluded to in a response to why JHill is not on the field...its b/c of the "this or that" minor injuries he gets during training camp and "falls" behind. Also, JHill claimed that "he did'nt know" that the coaches wanted him to do extra work after practices or during breaks like ...i.e. Crabs/Morgan/Davis....duh?
I think Jason Hill is our 2nd best receiver.
Originally posted by Oscar:
Cool it guys. No need to get all bent out of shape about this.

This is just sad. What difference does it make. Can't wait for the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone