LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Jason Hill " Bruce never spoke to me "

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Breakdown of the team from the link provided in the opening thread, focusing on the OL.

OFFENSIVE LINE: Starters — LT Joe Staley, LG David Baas, C Eric Heitmann, RG Chilo Rachal, RT Adam Snyder. Backups — T Barry Sims, C Cody Wallace, T Chris Patrick, G Tony Wragge. Injured reserve — T Tony Pashos.

The 49ers had difficulty building much continuity on the line. Staley missed essentially eight of the final 10 games of the season with knee injuries. Pashos had moved into the starting lineup before sustaining a season-ending shoulder injury. Heitmann was the most consistent starter, while Baas and Rachal played inconsistently throughout. Sims stepped in and generally provided good pass protection as Staley's replacement, but his run blocking was not up to par. Snyder experienced extreme difficulty in pass protection. He lacks the long arms to redirect edge rushers, and he was often caught off balance in his sets. Wallace, Patrick and Wragge rarely played. The line is likely to be a focus of the team's offseason plans.

This is only about the third write-up with the same assessment of Heitmann's play in 2009.

And, once again, for the 1000th time, the anti-Heitmann crowd runs back into the cave.

P.S. We'll see you next year for your latest serving of humiliation. Can we now officially poop-can the "Move Baas to Center" thread, or should we wait for five or six more season reviews?

Cheers.

How did Heitmann suddenly come into this discussion?

Same link with the Hill article. I like to chronicle for the board every time some writer, coach, scout, player grades Heitmann's continual strong play, so we can silence the ding-dongs who do not have any clue, and write mindless things about him being a liability on this team. You may feel free to read the idiocy of the "Move Baas to Center" thread, just for fun.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by 4089er:
It seems that its a coach's decision that JHill and BJones can't get on the field on game days other than special teams...that coach would be Sullivan and/or Sing ???

JHill just can't seem to come into camp healthy or he tweaks a hammy/ankle/leg and sits out and as Coach Sing have alluded to in a response to why JHill is not on the field...its b/c of the "this or that" minor injuries he gets during training camp and "falls" behind. Also, JHill claimed that "he did'nt know" that the coaches wanted him to do extra work after practices or during breaks like ...i.e. Crabs/Morgan/Davis....duh?

The coaching hierarchy goes Sing > Raye > Sully. Sully will feed his input to both coaches however both coaches are around Hill on and off the field (though Sully spends more 1 on 1 time than either Sing or Raye do) and in the end both have the power to give Hill more practice and game reps. Unfortunately for Jason Hill he plays for a traditional minded coaching staff that believes in earning you reps so the ball is in his court to make the most of his opportunities and when not getting any to suck it up and be a supportive teammate not a sulker.[/quot

Sounds like JHill needs to "mature" and come into camp in better shape and attitude to EARN the respect of the coaching staff.
Re. BJones, I remember reading that the coaching staff did'nt like the FA signing or that they were not consulted beforehand....yet, he worked hard and performed well during training camp before his injury then "fell" behind...and never got on the field other than trying to return punts on special teams.
Both JHill & BJones are prolly the 49ers fastest WRs - straight line speed...I hope Raye and/or the "coaching staff" will figure out a way to utilize them in 2010's offensive game plan.
Originally posted by Chief:
Honestly, I have never liked Bruce, what he said or did, I could give a s**t.

I didn't like the signing, I never liked him, always thought he was our enemy and never thought of him as a 49er.

f**k that mother.

Summed up nicely
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by Chief:
Honestly, I have never liked Bruce, what he said or did, I could give a s**t.

I didn't like the signing, I never liked him, always thought he was our enemy and never thought of him as a 49er.

f**k that mother.

Summed up nicely

As far as I am concerned, just a rent-a-player to fill a gap in the roster until they got that position more situated. Position now more situated. He is a Ram & always will be a Ram.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Bruce never really said much at all. Can you remember he doing that many interviews? I remember watching him at training camp, and he just kept to himself the entire time

This
Jason Hill is such a dumbass. He doesn't know that Bruce only speaks in chirps, clicks, and squeaks. If he didn't recognize this, he iz dum!
Hill is a player I really like, everytime I see him he is good.

I think the coaches don't like his attitude, which is a shame, I think he could be a good slot reciever.....
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Jason Hill is such a dumbass. He doesn't know that Bruce only speaks in chirps, clicks, and squeaks. If he didn't recognize this, he iz dum!

This...

[ Edited by sixbricks on Jan 21, 2010 at 11:15:11 ]
Boo Hoo!
so what i missed the part about everybody liking each other and being friendly this isn't high school

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I still remember everyone loving Bruce and using him as a "mentor"

dude is quiet as f**k and I doubt he ever said anything to "mentor" our WR's..seems like its true

my thoughts exactly. Bruce wouldn't talk to anyone, we heard that over and over. His mentorship was leadership by example, and I don't think that's worth what we paid him or worth having young talent ride the pine while he plays. To his credit, he stepped aside when the time was right and never complained. He was a class act, true, but everything I've read indicates he also never went out of his way to make his teammates better.
Share 49ersWebzone