LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Does Nate Davis get to compete this offseason?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Does Nate Davis get to compete this offseason?

Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by m04607:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
this could have went in the nate davis thread

so yeah lock this b***h up

You arent the webzone police. Get over yourself and let the mods make those decisions.

mods are unable to do their jobs half the time in niner talk cause there is so much BS to go through(like this thread) it's almost impossible

people need to stop making new threads when there are already threads discussing the issue

Great....another Non-Mod tryin to be a mod.

In all seriousness, I get what you are saying RM but there are sooooo many of these little narcs in here that just LOVE to be the first one to post the dancing lock guy or the horribly dumb "IBTL". It gets old...quickly.

Maybe they need more mods if they cant do their job because of so many mis-placed threads by fans who just have something to say about their favorite team?

-9fA

You arent the webzone police. Get over yourself and let the mods make those decisions.

mods are unable to do their jobs half the time in niner talk cause there is so much BS to go through(like this thread) it's almost impossible

people need to stop making new threads when there are already threads discussing the issue

In all seriousness, I get what you are saying RM but there are sooooo many of these little narcs in here that just LOVE to be the first one to post the dancing lock guy or the horribly dumb "IBTL". It gets old...quickly.

Maybe they need more mods if they cant do their job because of so many mis-placed threads by fans who just have something to say about their favorite team?

-9fA

Originally posted by xx49erfanxx:
Don't be shocked if we never see Nate Davis starting for the 49ers at QB .

Eh... we've seen some crazier s**t happen in Ninerland... once you see Chris Weinke in a niners uniform life turns into a constant repeat of Twin Peaks!
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

-9fA

I don't know if Smith is the answer but I do know he is servicable. Given that why not let Nate ride the bench another season and learn the system. I never agreed with throwing rookies to the wolves. There is the rare exception once in a while you'll come across a rookie QB who can handle it. I don't believe Nate is that type of player. Take some time and develop him.
My hope is the 9ers shock us and take a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. Then we go into next season with Davis competing for the back-up role with the new rook. I would love to see this as a depth chart:

Smith, Davis, Cainfield (or Clausen)

I would love to have real QB controversy in about two years!
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by prime21:
From what Ive seen, Davis is a lil slower on the move than his counterpart Smith. Ive also noticed that Davis has a stronger pocket presence, standing his ground under pressure, stepping into his throws, etc. He'll be our starter by midseason 2010.

You know if it would get people to STFU about this stupid crap, I would be all for giving Davis QB1. Just give it to him.

But no bitc4in when he's no longer standing his ground. It a different game in the regular season.

It's sad that our ranks are so divided because of our season record over the last 8 years.

I'm sick and tired of all the damn knee jerk reactionaries shouting me down for "making excuses", nevermind how relevant those "excuses" are.

If your stupid opinon is more important than anyone elses you can have the Zone too. I'm tired of this garbage.

~Ceadder

I think there is a division in our Niner land like the one with Health care. You have to stop saying everyone that liked what they saw out of Davis is comparable to the Tea Baggers :-) I think in reality he is the best athlete at the QB position and has the best potential. That being said I would never start him next year, that is Michelle Bachman Crazy. We need to hope he develops into the next great QB. I don't care if Alex is the next great QB instead lets unite and hope for a better 2010. How’s that for free love in Niner Land.
Originally posted by prime21:
From what Ive seen, Davis is a lil slower on the move than his counterpart Smith. Ive also noticed that Davis has a stronger pocket presence, standing his ground under pressure, stepping into his throws, etc. He'll be our starter by midseason 2010.

Wouldnt get ur hopes up.

[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on Jan 12, 2010 at 16:09:11 ]
He is the 3rd stringer with no starting experience at the NFL level. He hasn't even beat out the 2nd stringer yet. Just think about that.

All these Nate Davis love threads make me laugh.
  • Dreskee
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by susweel:

yes i am i got the promotion yesterday so jokes on you

Yah I was there I saw him get the promotion. I can't mention what he had to do to get the promotion, but lets just say that knee pads were involved.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He is the 3rd stringer with no starting experience at the NFL level. He hasn't even beat out the 2nd stringer yet. Just think about that.

All these Nate Davis love threads make me laugh.

I would stop laughing... Have you ever heard anything from Niner fans about any other QB excluding Alex Smith and Shaun Hill in the last few Years. Nobody was talking about Doresy or Rattay remember......
  • Dreskee
  • Info N/A

-9fA

Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Davis' pocket presence is better than Alex's.

Based on what? A few preseason games? What are you smoking?
he better be our #2 going into the season, unless someone else is brought in. He needs to get some snaps.
Maybe to 2nd string. He could be No.1 if Smith cannot fulfill all of his duties as the starter.
Share 49ersWebzone