"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9moon:
ONE last run??

as a back up RG ??

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Staley revealed on a podcast that he is suffering from multiple neck and back issues, including Spinal Stenosis. As a veteran of Spinal Stenosis surgery, I feel the man's pain. The pain caused by Stenosis is like nothing I can describe. It's a solid pain. It sends jolts of searing pain into your left and right legs, and sometimes your left and right testicles. It is all you think about 24-hours a day, seven days a week. It is never ending pain, pain and more pain.

Joe will eventually need surgery for the Stenosis. It doesn't get better. It is a chronic condition that worsens over time. The rings in his spine that hold the sciatic nerve in place are now squeezing it. A series of shots to the affected area can provide some relief, but it's limited. It is also temporary. Those needles go deep my friends. Right into the spinal column. That procedure is just extraordinary.

As I said, Joe will eventually need surgery to remove the bone-crunching pressure on his sciatic nerve. It does work. Mine worked. But, you pay a price for the pain relief. The spinal column is a labyrinth of tissues with millions of nerves. Surgeons slice right through them to get to the affected area. Some heal with time. Some don't. Everybody is different. But, bottom line is you do not have the movement you once had pre-surgery. I walk with a slight limp and I do not move quickly.

But, if that is the only price you pay for a surgery to relieve a pain that is simply exquisite, I will pay that price. Again and again. I will pay it.

Boy! These NFL athletes do pay a price for the sport they love to play. I'm glad the NFL has a very generous medical insurance for their retired players and I hope he's put some of that salary into some sort of savings. IF he has 4 million in the bank that's 40k a year from the interest alone - and if his house is paid off, he can live a good life with that without having to do anything more. Add in all the radio and tv stuff he can still do (after the operation) and he'll be ok.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
staley played 9 games last year
allowed
3 sacks
5 QB hits
4 QB pressures.

on the other hand Snyder played all 16
allowed

10 sacks
8 QB hits
30 QB pressures

Yikes. Snyder really stinks

that my friends is why we need a RT.

You said it man. Trent Williams FTW

^^^ A 10 year old wish comes true.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
seeing pics of him and McG golfing this weekend...dude has already lost soooo much weight

He really has. I saw the pictures and was like dang Joe starting to look like Alex Smith now.
whoa staley lost hella weight
Originally posted by SkyZer0:

Nice vid. Even jed comes off loveable.

im getting sad again. Damn.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Jul 1, 2020 at 6:13 PM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:

Nice vid. Even jed comes off loveable.

im getting sad again. Damn.

What a quiter.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Off those roids.
Staley's face got smaller but his nose stayed the same size.

Originally posted by dhp318:
Staley's face got smaller but his nose stayed the same size.
Does anyone remember the Joe Show episode where they talk about measuring each others heads... pause...
I cant remember who had the biggest head but I believe it was between Joe and Alex Boone.

yeah he's finally healthy now haha
End of an era really.

Him frank and pat all need to be inducted at the same time. Making it through the oblivion era, comin out the other side.

yeah he's finally healthy now haha

He's going after Joe Thomas' ass once again

No more 40,000 calorie days

Good for 1/2 of the "Nose Bros"

That can't be healthy to eat that much to maintain weight. It sounds like this is exactly what Brunskil did. He was like a 230 pound Tight End entering San Diego State

Staley is naturally way more charming than Thomas but both Joes will be in the HOF one.

Given they were in the same draft class, Thomas will get in first because there is no way they put 2 LTs in the HOF in one class.

Just wish we had gotten him 2 rings
Joe needs to make the joe show a youtube channel it would be a hit.
Share 49ersWebzone