LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

"The Joe Show" - Joe Staley Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Admittedly not a fan of either Cohn, but this was nice
https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/what-is-joe-staley-really-like

How in the flying f*ck is Cohn now doing content for SI?

Then again it is SI... they lost any writer of value so I guess they are just building a bigger trash heap.

Lol. All the real writers went to the athletic
Originally posted by thl408:
Career stats:
3 targets, 3 rec, 26 yards, 2 first downs

YAC God.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
nice that jh said some nice things about him. thank you joe for not bailing with jt and chip. and unlike borland and davis. thank you for telling the team in advance and not blindsiding them.
My favorite staley moment:

Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Admittedly not a fan of either Cohn, but this was nice
https://www.si.com/nfl/49ers/news/what-is-joe-staley-really-like

How in the flying f*ck is Cohn now doing content for SI?

Then again it is SI... they lost any writer of value so I guess they are just building a bigger trash heap.

Its just how the media works now. The biggest loud mouths get the most views and clicks. Imagine if First Take was never Skip vs Stephen A. but Al Michaels vs Bob Costas lol. It would be boring for most people and it would've never become so popular. For some reason people are more attracted to the loud mouths who say crazy things.
Originally posted by dhp318:

Was that where he screamed "I broke my leg!" But was back in the game like 2 plays later?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by dhp318:

Was that where he screamed "I broke my leg!" But was back in the game like 2 plays later?

yes,, he and than last year bosa know how to give me heart attacks.. i think the staley thing was on the turf vs the rams.. i think
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Hate to see him go but we fans will survive it. We survived losing Montana, Lott, Rice and Gore so I'm sure we'll get over this. At least Staley retired a 49er so we didn't have to endure watching hm play for another team.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Hate to see him go but we fans will survive it. We survived losing Montana, Lott, Rice and Gore so I'm sure we'll get over this. At least Staley retired a 49er so we didn't have to endure watching hm play for another team.
lott killed me cuz he proved he could still play. montana hurt cuz i did not trust young,.

Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Originally posted by NCommand:
God DAMN it. Imagine Staley on this OL today with Trent Williams. We could have had one of the most talented OL's in the game with 2 alpha males. Damnit.

I'm going to miss Joe so much. Absolute legend!

How would it work if they're both LT

Maybe one would like to play as guard? Highly unlikely, but you never know.
Staley is the next jersey I'm buying.

i remember when we drafted him and the first preseason game (that aired on TV where I was living ) vs Denver that preseason as well as the MNF game vs. Arizona, and I thought I was looking at the birth of the next dynasty lol. Just absolutely an all-time great career. I wish we could've won for him.
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Apr 28, 2020 at 6:21 PM ]
Pin this thread

mods dont ever take this thread away from NT!
  • Goatie
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone