Who's Don Banks?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Banks

He's watching from the heavens.

LOL WTF

Thats a differen't Don Banks
[ Edited by PatrickJira411 on Nov 22, 2009 at 9:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Simply put, Alex is the only QB on the roster built to lead us back from any deficits we incur in games.

Raye needs to actually incorporate some WELL-DESIGNED run plays -- Not this HB and FB dive Madden bull crap -- but sadly, I feel that's too much to ask. Because without well-designed running plays, we won't be able to run because our line can neither block well enough for Gore consistently, nor can they pass block at all for Alex.

Gosh I can't wait for Staley and Clements to be back. (Hopefully they aren't rusty..)

We don't know what David can do yet.

If the wanking Niner front office doesn't draft a good looking QB with one of it's 1st round picks, we are doomed to this kind of play till sh*t turns to gold..

Again..why the hell would we want to throw Davis out there without at LEAST attempting to install the spread offense. I just dont get this mentality.

People would rather throw a emergency QB who hasnt taken a snap all season (game or practice) then clamor for the coaches to just install the spread offense (or at least tweak our offense so that we go 60%+ spread).

I'm telling you...u throw Nate in and its going to get even uglier. He will have initial success...(no game tape)...then he'll suffer like Shaun, Alex, etc because of the playcalling and o-line. Its just circular and pointless. We HAVE A SOLUTION to our problems and its OPENING up the offense and PLAYING TO OUR players strengths. Why dont you all urge for that as opposed to.."lets throw off everyones timing, chemistry, etc by putting in a QB who's NEVER thrown a pass to any of these guys."
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Simply put, Alex is the only QB on the roster built to lead us back from any deficits we incur in games.

Raye needs to actually incorporate some WELL-DESIGNED run plays -- Not this HB and FB dive Madden bull crap -- but sadly, I feel that's too much to ask. Because without well-designed running plays, we won't be able to run because our line can neither block well enough for Gore consistently, nor can they pass block at all for Alex.

Gosh I can't wait for Staley and Clements to be back. (Hopefully they aren't rusty..)

If the wanking Niner front office doesn't draft a good looking QB with one of it's 1st round picks, we are doomed to this kind of play till sh*t turns to gold..

Again..why the hell would we want to throw Davis out there without at LEAST attempting to install the spread offense. I just dont get this mentality.

People would rather throw a emergency QB who hasnt taken a snap all season (game or practice) then clamor for the coaches to just install the spread offense (or at least tweak our offense so that we go 60%+ spread).

I'm telling you...u throw Nate in and its going to get even uglier. He will have initial success...(no game tape)...then he'll suffer like Shaun, Alex, etc because of the playcalling and o-line. Its just circular and pointless. We HAVE A SOLUTION to our problems and its OPENING up the offense and PLAYING TO OUR players strengths. Why dont you all urge for that as opposed to.."lets throw off everyones timing, chemistry, etc by putting in a QB who's NEVER thrown a pass to any of these guys."

Davis has been seeing more time on defense as part of the scout team than on offense according to Matt Maiocco.

Nate Davis will not start or even make an appearance this season unless injuries occur

I'm not saying start Davis, I'm saying let's take a look at him now and then.

I agree opening up the O is one answer, and maybe coming out to start the game with intensity on both sides of the ball would be a good idea.

But have you checked out what Smith said today? He says "it's impossible to go to a spread" because it's the middle of the season. He says this even though it's the only time he is successful; ie, in the spread.

Why the weasel talk, why not grow a pair and say, You know what, I play best and make my reads better and connect with my receivers when I'm in the spread, it's what I know. I'm going to go the coach's office as soon as we are back in SJ and have a talk with Raye and Sing about doing what's best at this point, SINCE we have nothing to lose.

But no, he goes with the company line. If you read this, you have to say to yourself, this is the way he plays most of the time too. Tentative, unsure, trying to please rather than letting it all hang out, etc, ad nausua.

And The Legend of Our Motivator Singletary grows further.. not.
Originally posted by Shaj:
Alex Smith reminds me of what Bill Walsh once said about Steve Deberg: "he's just good enough to get you beat." That is what we have at QB.

That's a pretty accurate statement about Alexandra.
We have massive holes on the offense line and need a pass rusher. We happen to have 2 first round picks, yet there are some who want to ignore these holes and draft a QB, when we have a QB who has shwon he can be very good when given protection.

These people are called idiots.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
We have massive holes on the offense line and need a pass rusher. We happen to have 2 first round picks, yet there are some who want to ignore these holes and draft a QB, when we have a QB who has shwon he can be very good when given protection.

The blind, leading the blind.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Alex Smith reminds me of what Bill Walsh once said about Steve Deberg: "he's just good enough to get you beat." That is what we have at QB.

I wish I could ignore people on this forum. "Alexandra..."

Come on now.
Originally posted by Method:

Come on now.

come on bro don't take it personal now it's just my opinion I don't like him as our QB. I'm pretty sure you don't like all the player I do it's just an opinion.

It's really amazing. Every year our three biggest problems are that we (1) can't protect our QB, (2) don't have an OC that can call a decent game, and (3) can't rush the passer at all. Those are the reasons we're losing games. And every year we do nothing to fix them. Worrying about Smith, Hill, Davis, and anyone we might draft is silly. Until we fix those three HUGE issues we won't be any good with any QB.

Come on now.

come on bro don't take it personal now it's just my opinion I don't like him as our QB. I'm pretty sure you don't like all the player I do it's just an opinion.

I know, but these names annoy the f**k out of me. "Hillexcuses, alexcuses, alexandra." Ya feel me? No offense, you're a very good poster otherwise.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

It's really amazing. Every year our three biggest problems are that we (1) can't protect our QB, (2) don't have an OC that can call a decent game, and (3) can't rush the passer at all. Those are the reasons we're losing games. And every year we do nothing to fix them. Worrying about Smith, Hill, Davis, and anyone we might draft is silly. Until we fix those three HUGE issues we won't be any good with any QB.

co-signed

I'm not saying start Davis, I'm saying let's take a look at him now and then.

I agree opening up the O is one answer, and maybe coming out to start the game with intensity on both sides of the ball would be a good idea.

But have you checked out what Smith said today? He says "it's impossible to go to a spread" because it's the middle of the season. He says this even though it's the only time he is successful; ie, in the spread.

Why the weasel talk, why not grow a pair and say, You know what, I play best and make my reads better and connect with my receivers when I'm in the spread, it's what I know. I'm going to go the coach's office as soon as we are back in SJ and have a talk with Raye and Sing about doing what's best at this point, SINCE we have nothing to lose.

But no, he goes with the company line. If you read this, you have to say to yourself, this is the way he plays most of the time too. Tentative, unsure, trying to please rather than letting it all hang out, etc, ad nausua.

And The Legend of Our Motivator Singletary grows further.. not.

Yeah great idea for a QB who is 1-3 as a starter to call out his coaches in public. I think Alex has learned his lesson to not go down that road again. And I agree.

No player is stupid enough to just say some dumb sht like that.

Come on now.

I know, but these names annoy the f**k out of me. "Hillexcuses, alexcuses, alexandra." Ya feel me? No offense, you're a very good poster otherwise.

I don't take nothing to offense bro but I'm glad your honest with your post. Too many people here take stuff offensively like we know it all or something it's just an opinion some people like it some people don't. I enjoy this 49er talk it's entertaining and fun that's all I'm in it for. But yea just do what I do ignore the post and don't waste your time. Lighten Up I say to all!
to sit here and wring our hands game after game, year after year is a waste of time. its not gonna get better until they start bringing in quality people to head the front office and the scouting dept to find these first day of the draft studs and second day diamonds in the rough. sh**t rolls downhill and until the niner organization gets serious about the draft and big money free agents, we"ll all endure more losing seasons as we watch our beloved niners wallow in mediocrity and inconsistency.
Share 49ersWebzone